+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max Heroic DPS as a Prot Warrior?

Max Heroic DPS as a Prot Warrior?

Hey!

I'm looking for some advice on how to maximize my DPS as a prot warrior tank in heroics. I'm willing to give up survivability, so long as I keep to the defense softcap. Basically, this is my spec with a good healer so that I can burn down the mobs faster.

(Note: this is NOT about threat. I don't generally have an issue keeping mobs on me.)

So far, I'm considering:

Glyphs: Glyph of Cleaving, Glyph of Blocking, Glyph of Devastate
    Mixing in DPS gear: two pieces and a trinket

Is there an optimal spec that I can pick? Sticking with the 15/3/51 template, at best I can eek out another two points into cruelty. Is that the best I can do? I'm skeptical of giving up deep wounds, but I've heard rumors of a working imp cleave spec.

On gear, should I be trying to max out (say) block value or any specific tanking or non tanking specific stat?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Nik

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Threat-issues.

See Mellvar's advice in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

UA spec I guess would be the best "Shiet" if you want to sick dps as prot war. I've never tried it, but i've seen people in random dungs running with it and got around 5-6k dps (its sick)

I do 6k dps with a normal deep wounds spec just put on dps gear 2piece prot T10 and a shield. Got about 85% arp then.

+ Reply to Thread