+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What would be the ideal weapon enchant for AOE tank damage dealing?

What would be the ideal weapon enchant for AOE tank damage dealing?

I just want to build a fun set for heroics and I am not sure what I should use to boost my AoE damage. I will be using a deep wounds tank build. I am more interested in AoE than single-target because it is more frequent. Again just a fun set to help boost speed. My thoughts are:

Superior Potency (65 AP)
    Executioner (120 ArP proc)

I know 65 AP will boost all my attacks pretty much (i am guessing only slightly)...but I am not sure if Executioner would help much on AoE (does ArP help on shockwaves or claps at all? Is increased single target dps enough to overwhelm potency?) Even so, I am tempted to do Executioner just for the look. Mongoose is sort of tempting since it has several effects. I like the crit and haste, but I don't know how it compares to these other 2 enchants. I don't really care for hit as I am capped. Thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

since your building a warrior tank that will have zero ArP from tank gear, i dont think a 120ArP proc would mean that much compared to a constant 65AP chant, but i have no numbers to back this up, ill play with some numbers in a min here for ya to help your decision

Quote Originally Posted by joe1010011010 View Post
    since your building a warrior tank that will have zero ArP from tank gear, i dont think a 120ArP proc would mean that much compared to a constant 65AP chant, but i have no numbers to back this up, ill play with some numbers in a min here for ya to help your decision

awesome thanks. I might be able to acquire an armor pen trinket or maybe rings or a ranged weapon sometime down the road...but in the meantime you are right, I don't have any armor pen. I am running 11% crit and 3550 AP unbuffed at the moment in this set with 2 points in cruelty and full points in armored to the teeth. I know incite helps make up alot of the crit gap too.

Your best AoE enchant will be berserking, there is no cooldown on it, and it can constantly proc. with 30000 armor, berserking's proc will only remove 1500, since it is only a 5% armor reduction.

awesome thanks. I guess I hadn't thought about beserking because of the armor reduction. It will definitely have to be a part of a play set with the armor reduction.

^ It will be a good one for heroics for sure. That extra AP will boost nearly every ability including shockwave and tclap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Khilbron View Post
    Your best AoE enchant will be berserking, there is no cooldown on it, and it can constantly proc. with 30000 armor, berserking's proc will only remove 1500, since it is only a 5% armor reduction.
    This, if you are looking for damage...best way to go. The little ArP from rings and exe still won't be as much as zerking.

+ Reply to Thread