+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't seem to get it right

Can't seem to get it right

Hello all, This is Mileko from Laughing Skull (Horde) and I am need of some serious advice. To start off, here is a little background. I am a level 80 Ret Pally with a 5.1k GS. (Skill>GS) I know this. Second, I am being kicked out of almost every raid, or getting yelled at in all of them because I can't for the life of me, bring my DPS up to at least the minimal standard.

Here is a Link to my toon, and all comments will be greatly appreciated. I need all the help I can get.

P.S. - Please inform me of rotations (other than available skills), Seals, etc...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Mil%C3%AAko

Thank you for your time,

Mileko

You are WAY over hit cap. Change hit gems for strength gems. I don't know what trinket to put in instead of the Mark of Supremacy, but someone will. You don't need the hit. I promise. You don't have a belt buckle on your belt. There aren't any enchants on anything except bracers and gloves.

Your legs are PvP w/ sub par gems. Your gloves aren't gemmed. You have no tier gear, so no set bonus. Ret doesn't really have a set rotation. I personally: Judge, CS, DS, Consecrate, Exorcism when Art of War is up, and I'm sure I've forgotten SOMETHING.

Seal: Many Mobs = SoComm, Single target = SoCorruption

I'm don't play ret very often, but I still contribute acceptable dps, in the 5 - 6k range, given my ret gear (which blows). You need to get some set pieces, and there are others here that can tell you which ones would help you the most..
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Thank you, but how may I ask do I get the gear when I can't get into a raid?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem View Post
    Thank you, but how may I ask do I get the gear when I can't get into a raid?
    You can get t9 with Emblems of Triumph. Just grind heroics till you have enough. Frost emblems from dailies (2/day), VoA (10 and 25, net 4 per week), the weekly (5/week). Admittedly frost earning is slow, but still do-able. You have a prot off-spec. IF you can tank, instant queues mean LOTS of Triumphs in 2 hours. I can run about 3 - 4 per hour as a tank, and that nets me in the neighborhood of 15 -20 emblems. Do that for a week, you get almost full t9 in a week. UP'd GS, and hopefully, UP'd DPS.

Go hit a target dummy. See how your rotation works for you and your gear.

And just to sound like even more of a moron, what is the T9 gear?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem View Post
    And just to sound like even more of a moron, what is the T9 gear?
    the iLvl 232 Liadrin's Battlegear. You can purchase it from the tier vendor in the blacksmith in Dalaran. Check around, there are 1 - 2 pieces of offset gear (iLvl 245) for MOST sets that are actually better for your dps. Like I said, I get my face beaten in more than I beat the backside of a mob, so ret isn't my specialty.

Well thank you very much for your time, and all other input from anyone is appreciated.

Expertise Is crazy low, you may want to think about getting that up to 16, then switching your Glyph of Seal of command, to glyph of seal of vengeance, Which gives you 10 Expertise whenever Seal of Vengeance(corruption) is active

Ok thank you, can anyone else please help as well

There isnt really much more help to be given, you just need to farm badges and get triumph gear, namely the 232 ret dps pants from the t9 vendor. you also need to get a new belt. Your gems should all be 20 str except a 10 stats gem somewhere to fill a str socket bonus, your meta should give agi and crit damage bonus. other than that, are you pressing your buttons fast enough? if you arent mashing spells the second they become availible you are losing dps

Re: Can't seem to get it right

retpaladin.com is where you want ti go and read the basic stuff. If you're still missing something feel free to ask!

Cheers!
    Skaggi

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread