+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hit rating problem

Hit rating problem

I made a past a few weeks ago about threat and hit rating, but it's not the threat thats the issue. Last night I was doing VoA. I missed about 3 taunts in a row. I probably missed 5 the entire fight. I have glyphed for taunts. And during the fight, I want to say I had 50-60 hit rating. The enchants came after the fight. Since I really hate using stamina/+threat slots for hit, I REALLY need to get some new gear.

I know the shoulders from 10man Blood-Queen have hit on them and the helm from Dreamwalker in 25man. Are there any other options? The craftable boots are a work in progress (I hate using tokens on primordial saronite, but in this case, I am going to).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ers&cn=Logikal

Did your taunts miss or were they resisted?

If someone is using taunt in their rotation bosses will become taunt immune. This is something that you may have to watch out for.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

You are also gaining 4% hit, 1% from yourself being a Draenei and a 3% spell hit debuff from a Balance Druid or Shadow Priest. While it is possible for three taunts to miss in a row, with only around 10% chance to miss with spells, the prior post is more likely an explaination for this. It's possible your hit is too low and you just plain got unlucky, however it is far less common than the other tank, particularly if they are also a paladin using Hand of Reckoning in their tanking rotation, causing the boss to become taunt immune.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

that may have been it. I didn't know you could make a boss immune to taunts. Oh well lol

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    You are also gaining 4% hit, 1% from yourself being a Draenei and a 3% spell hit debuff from a Balance Druid or Shadow Priest. While it is possible for three taunts to miss in a row, with only around 10% chance to miss with spells, the prior post is more likely an explaination for this. It's possible your hit is too low and you just plain got unlucky, however it is far less common than the other tank, particularly if they are also a paladin using Hand of Reckoning in their tanking rotation, causing the boss to become taunt immune.
    Hand of Reckoning only does damage if the target is not attacking you when you use it, so if a Pally is spamming it they need to empty their drool cup and L2P!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy View Post
    Hand of Reckoning only does damage if the target is not attacking you when you use it, so if a Pally is spamming it they need to empty their drool cup and L2P!
    Its extremely common to see pallies who use a taunt in their rotation. Actually its getting alot harder to actually find one who doenst.

Happens all the time in lowbie instances too...I'm on my 48 druid and doing fine and all the sudden I lose aggro...after hearing that telltale taunt noise...and lo, the ret paladin has aggro. I can't even count the number of times I've had to tell lowbie rets to stop taunting (not that it matters).

Worst idea ever was to make the paladin taunt not only do damage, but do GOOD damage.

I have entered the thread. What Mellvar said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoki View Post
    Its extremely common to see pallies who use a taunt in their rotation. Actually its getting alot harder to actually find one who doenst.
    Hmm, I haven't seen much of this. Strange, because my server is full of... special people. Special enough to not use Divine Plea and then complain about how Prot Pallies need more mana.

I don't on my pally, and I'm trying to figure out a good reason one would put a taunt that does no damage if you have aggro in your rotation. Then again I had a healer tell me in my random daily this morning that they were impressed, since I was a Prot Pally who actually put Sacred Shield on himself; the healer's guild MT never does, says that's why he has a Holy Pally healing him (feel bad for the OT, since both could have SS if the MT wasn't so selfish). Guess I do weird things.

Well last night I finally got some hit rating items. FINALLY got my bonebreaker sceptor after using a damn 5 man weapon forever. Also got the heroic lootship ring. So now I am around 4-5% hit. With buffs, I think I am good for now

I don't! I don't!
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle2009 View Post
    Well last night I finally got some hit rating items. FINALLY got my bonebreaker sceptor after using a damn 5 man weapon forever. Also got the heroic lootship ring. So now I am around 4-5% hit. With buffs, I think I am good for now
    Keep in mind, the conversion for spell hit actually is better than the conversion for melee hit.

@LV80
    26.232 Hit Rating is 1% Spell Hit
    32.79 Hit Rating is 1% Melee Hit

You're 4.79% melee hit is actually 5.99% spell hit.

You also gain 1% from being a Draenei and 3% if you run with a Shadow Priest or a Balance Druid. So your spell hit is around 7-10% depending on raid composition.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 07-30-2010 at 01:38 PM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I see this even in VIDEOS directed to teach people how to play paladin tanks /palm

ugh thats it... im gonna start making "how to not fail as the easiest tank in wow" videoguides :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldie View Post
    I see this even in VIDEOS directed to teach people how to play paladin tanks /palm

ugh thats it... im gonna start making "how to not fail as the easiest tank in wow" videoguides :P
    I love this post. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread