+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior : Cata Arms builds...

Warrior : Cata Arms builds...

I know that the current talent trees are not final, but I am having difficulty determining the "best" arms dps build. As they stand now [7/29/10], I believe the current builds could be one of the following.

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LhbGhfRuf0oIbM

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LhbGhfRuf0ohbMZc
    [for extra AP based on armor value]
    or
    http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LhbGhfRuf0ohbMZc

The problem as I see it is sweeping strikes. I know for multiple mob fight, this is a huge dps boost, but I have not heard nor read anything about those style boss fights. Otherwise, I'm leaning towards leaving it out.

Battle trance seems too OP to leave out, but perhaps I am misreading it's intention.

Any thoughts regarding these builds? I know they are likely to change, but I would like a starting point.

Thanks,

Sozin | Fury Warrior | Kargath | Graveyard Raiders

New Build just went live. These builds aren't accurate any more as Arms and Fury got pretty shaken up.
    "A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.
    - Mark "Alec Baldwin" Twain

There is a new build in the Cata servers and ALL warrior talent trees has changed, specially Arms; they changed lots of things. For example, Execute is now only an "executing" hability and there is a new hability for Sudden death called Colossus Smash ("Battle / Berserker Stance - Smashes a target for weapon damage plus 120 and weakens their defenses, allowing your Mortal Strike, Heroic Strike, Bloodthirst and Overpower to bypass their armor for 6 sec sec. / 30 Rage, 5 yd range, Instant, 20 sec cooldown").

So, little to do now with your builds. :P

Well, damn. Guess that's what I get for 1) not having a beta-key or 2) checking mmo-champion. Oh well, new post to com soon

If only they made pummel available in battle stance...
    I know they always refused to allow it for pvp reasons, but in pve interrupting can be a big issue too. Keeping 5 mans in mind which require crowd control and stuff like that interrupting caster mobs can be a very important task for any dd. Switching to zerker for interrupting is still too much pain for an arms warrior (given you dont need to interrupt long cast spells every 30 seconds).

Since arms got tied to battle stance more and more and since changing stances is still (and always will be) hampered by lag and latency you have hard times interrupting very fast casts.

If pummel was made available for arms, too, I would finally come back to my so much beloved arms specc that had to step aside for more powerful fury speccs for TOO long

shield bash macro son!
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

New Build. Loving the Arms tree. 32/6/3 gives you all the PvE utility with out sacrificing too much PvP utility.

Hell, it works vice versa. sec for pvp and you maintain most of your PvE dps and utility. exciting theorycrafting for arms!

To be honest, I'm no where near excited for arms any more. I'm hoping there are still more tweaks coming, because It seems that there was quite a few damage abilities lost for more healing based ones. I know this will make the healer's job easier, but I was really hoping for OP damage. Oh well, we shall see...

Sozin, your thinking about trees is not how the new trees should work. Talents should not be there to get your char working but to change the gameplay or the utility of the char. If your dmg is too low after you took all possible dmg talents, Blizz will simply adjust the abilities themselves or rise your arms specials. No spec will be able to take only dmg boosting talents. There simply will not be enough.

And about the healing-talents: They will be nice for PVP - maybe you will not need a pocket healer anymore. And it looks like they could be good even in PVE since survivability should not only be a concern of tanks and healers anymore but a responsibility of everybody. A dead warrior does less dmg than a living one and an automatic self healing one does more dmg than the warrior that has to go for defensive CDs to stay alive or whatever. However if you do not like them you can just take something else. But that probably will not be another dmg increase but utility stuff.

Don't forget Arms Mastery. 50% chance for extra attack for 50% damage. ALL the time. I see arms not having any trouble at all with rage.

Also, let's talk about 1sec CD Overpower. What could that change?

Quote Originally Posted by JollyWarrior View Post

Also, let's talk about 1sec CD Overpower. What could that change?
    Changes the weather forecast to 'cloudy and raining rogue tears all of next expansion'

Do arms really need a 5 second stun? baking it into intercept or pushing concussion blow up a to tier 1 makes more sense than another button to push.

shield bash/pummel macros eats up a global, drops rage on stance switch and resets swing timer for weapon switches, its a dps loss (more so than other classes) every time you have to interrupt something.

Anyone able to napkin math the difference in proc rate between Wrecking Crew and Enrage?

I tried. Math is still not a strong point but I think Wrecking Crew will be better the more crit you have. It would also make choosing Cruelty almost a requirement.

anyone else catch that Slam is now useable while moving? That means no more cast time! and with the new imp Slam talent increasing damage by 10%/20% slam will be more pew pew though not priority like the new talent that ignores armor will be (sudden death was changed so that instead of execute we will be looking for the proc of the new talent, whose name eludes me atm.)

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26262...changes-12644/
    Last edited by JollyWarrior; 08-01-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Are you sure that this does mean "no cast time" or could it be possible, that the casttime is not interrupted by moving? I could imagine a "cast on the run" like the shammy thing.

good question. I think you may be rightbased on the wowhead database: http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=1464

anyone in beta able to elaborate?

I'm not sure about how HS will fit into an Arms build. Potentially Arms will be swimming in rage. But then HS might compete with Slam(if it got indeed changed to no cast time) ragewise. If Arms will again be GCD limited(which IIRC GC said is something they want to avoid), then HS might be huge.

ATM I don't even want to guess how it will play like. But I know I'll be ridding me of my Fury offspec since that one is boring.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Improved Slam and Bloodsurge would be very weird talents if slam has no cast time, since both change the cast time of slam. If both talents should stay, slam has to have a cast time. There are some casters that will be able to cast special casts and run, too. It will probably reset the swing timer even while we are able to use it while running. If slam can be used while running, running/jumping will not stop a slam cast any more. That can make it a little bit harder to play the fury rotation. On the other hand they may simplify the Bloodsurge stuff. GC want to let fury focus on being enraged or not not on Bloodsurge.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyWarrior View Post
    shield bash macro son!

IDD, but unless the cast time is over 2.5 secs for regular pcs/reflexes, i wouldnt bother, its not instant, theres defo a 1 sec delay even for fastest people, so will never catch fast casts, and will go mad trying to get them, just overpower those or charge them. I actually find going to zerker stance / and pummelling alot faster than the shield bash macro, and is the only way to get those really fast casts(if you really wanted to).
    "Gnoma Brasi sleeps withs the murlocs"

+ Reply to Thread