+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make me a better dpser!

Make me a better dpser!

Hey people, I've been recently getting interested in retting a bit more, but I want some advice on addons and other aspects that I may be missing.

I know ret paladins use a first come first serve style rotation, especially since I'm in 4p t10. So, Judgement>Divine Storm>Crusader Strike>Consecration>whatever you have that's not on cooldown, right?

I used power auras to give me some nice big icons whenever one of those four skills is off cooldown, so I know what button I should be mashing, and I think my spec and gearing is okay (Armory.)

So what I really wanted was some advice on what to do and how to behave. I've been reading a lot, and feel like I'm overflowing with theory, but I'm hesistant to go out and put it to practice. So, what should I do to be the best I can be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Best advice I can give is to just go out and do it. As you said, you have read a lot, so that part is done. Go out, and do some killin . I like to read how others do things, but only so that I can adopt what they do, into what I do, so that I can play my toon in a way that is enjoyable to me, and at the same time, good for the group.

As for addons, don't get too hung up on them. There are some good ones, power aura, DBM, omen, and your raid frame addon of choice. Recount is good so you can keep up with how your doing. Being that you have 4p t10, you know how to play wow, so you will do fine.

And yes, its a first come first serve play style. There are abilities that have priority, but for the most part, if it lights up, use it.

OH yeah, don't let yourself get concerned with theory crafting. I know a lot of folks live by it, but to me, it takes the fun and individualizm (is that a real word) out of the "game".

After looking at your gear all I wanted to know are you normally above 10k dps? Base on your gear I would think your are doing some rocking damage. If your guild is normally doing LK 25 HM's I would ask other guildies. I do know there is some pally addon that gives you a priority on abilities...sorry I don't know what it is called.

Ret really is easy. Just make sure to hit your buttons and stay awake...just go out and give it a go.

I did a little over 9k dps on anub in the toc 25 I set up to test my dpsing skills, is that acceptable?

(I also spend half a minute standing just outside of melee range on dreadscale.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

+ Reply to Thread