+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macro help for target of target

Macro help for target of target

My paladins main spec is prot but I've recently dual specced to holy. I've been trying to figure out a macro for casting judgement of light on the target of my target.

For example, the main tank is my target and I'm healing him/her but want to quickly cast judgement of light on what the tank is attacking without losing the tank as my target.
    Does anyone have a macro that can do that?

Hopefully that all makes sense to someone!

#show Spell Name Here
    /cast [target=targettarget] Spell Name Here

I think.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

not sure how to put it in the macro but in code terms, you'd be looking at something like below:

1) select target = target of target
    2) cast judgement of light
    3) return target to previous target (if your previous target was tank that is)

someone else here might be able to convert that for you

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@targettarget] Judgement of Light
    Shouldn't lose the tank as your target.

You may also want to modify your healing macros as well. Though not necessary, more robust healing macros may help you as well. Since you use an actual target to heal I'll skip the mouseover addition.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:SELFCAST,@player] [help,nodead] [@targettarget,help,nodead] [@player] Holy Light
    If the situation calls for you to be just healing the tank, but also applying a debuff to the boss, you can use the boss to assist for your healing. instead. If you target a hostile unit, a macro like the above will automatically cast your heal on their target. This type of healing comes in handy once in a while, last time I remember using it was Zul'jin during the Lynxx phase where he switches targets rapidly it is easier to heal people by just targeting the boss and healing his target.

By rewriting your healing such that they also work if you are targeting a hostile unit, you make it so your healing works regardless of what you are targeting.

Also, correction to Helgi's syntax...
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [harm,nodead] [@targettarget,harm,nodead] Judgement of Light
    Close but you would want your ability to still be able to take your current target if you picked one.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Thank you guys!

+ Reply to Thread