+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 0.17.54 Unholy DK Rotation question

0.17.54 Unholy DK Rotation question

I took a short 6 month vacation from WoW and when I left I was using the Unholy 17.0.54 spec that is recommended in the sticky with the recommended rotation. And everything was working great.

I reopened my account on monday and enjoyed a full day of catching up on Tuesday, but I noticed my DPS has dropped almost in half. At first I wasnt to concerned since I was a little rusty, but by the end of the day it had all came back to me, but my DPS was still really low.

So when I got to (cough) work (cough) tonight I thought I would research and do some comparisons. I relized all the top Unholy Dk's on my server had switched to this 0.17.54 spec, which is great and Im sure thats the major part of my problem. But can someone tell me how the rotations differ from what is in the sticky? Id greatly appreciate it, as would the fellow members I have to run dungeons with...lol

Thank you for your time.
    Jack.

ps- All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

It doesn't change, but you're more reliant on damage coming from your magical attacks as it directly boosts up your shadow damage and your frost damage. This requires a certain gearcheck to be passed. Normally you don't wanna do it till you at least have the four piece tier 9 set or two piece tier 10 set. Otherwise 17.0.54 is better for you.

The rotation doesn't differ unless you have reaping or not.

Reaping will make you use ScS in the second part. Without reaping, you're using 2xBS. The rotations are still fine the sticky.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Okay thanks for the quick reply. And great write up. I read it quite often when I start questioning my DK, because we all know it cant be the operator making the mistakes...lol

Hehe, true enough. Glad you like the guide.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

+ Reply to Thread