+ Reply to Thread

Thread: issue with tidy plate threat addon

issue with tidy plate threat addon

i begin to notice this issue about a week or so ago, particular in trash pull @ icc and adds tanking in phase one of halion fight. the health bar above the adds would displace quite "violently", making it hard to select the particular adds that you want to tank. i spoke to one of the other tanks in the raid group and he too has the same issue. I have tried to re-install the addon but did not seem to help the issue at all.

however, watching the video shown here, there does not seem to be any issues with it. (although i am not sure if the addon demonstrated in the video is the same as what i am using)

Anyway, appreciate it if anyone can offer some assistance in regards to that.

It isn't so much an issue with tidy plates, but rather with WoW plates in general. Tidyplates in its simplest level is just a skin for WoW's default nameplates.

WoW will continually try to organize the nameplates in the most efficient way it can, but if you have a lot of adds then you'll have issues no matter what you do.

Really the only thing you can do is find a camera angle that causes them to not move around as much, or check Allow Overlapping Nameplates option, which is available in the Names area under Interface (in the default WoW options, not the tidyplates options). Scaling the nameplates might also help, it won't completely stop the problem.

One issue might be if you do not allow overlapping nameplates, they will be all over the place. I tried not allowing overlapping name plates to see if it would make picking out individual mobs easier but if a mob moved at all every nameplate would rearrange, and they were all over the screen, and it drove me bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Errvalunia View Post
    One issue might be if you do not allow overlapping nameplates, they will be all over the place. I tried not allowing overlapping name plates to see if it would make picking out individual mobs easier but if a mob moved at all every nameplate would rearrange, and they were all over the screen, and it drove me bonkers.
    Errvalunia, thx for the suggestion. I will try it out tonight and see how it goes. and yah, it was f up for me last night as i let the big add run lose in Halion HM phase 1 and i couldn't locate the name plate at all with all the little adds.

+ Reply to Thread