+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can a fully buffed bear break 100k HP in ICC? (Without CDs)

Can a fully buffed bear break 100k HP in ICC? (Without CDs)

Wanted to see if 100k HP was possible now with the 30% buff and the answer is...
    Yep! Sort of.

To get maximum stam you need:

Professions:
    Leatherworking (62 stam gain)
    Jewelcrafting (63 stam gain)

Gear:
    Helm: Wrathful Gladiator's Draonhide Helm
    Neck: Bile-Encrusted Medallion
    Shoulders: Cultists' Bloodsoaked Spaulders
    Cloak: Royal Crimson Cloak
    Chest: Ikfuris's Sack Of Wonder
    Wrist: Umbrage Armbands
    Gloves: Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy
    Waist: Astrylian's Sutured Cinch
    Pants: Gangrenous Leggings
    Boots: Frostbitten Fur Boots
    Ring1: Juggernaut Band
    Ring2: Devium's Eternally Cold Ring
    Trinket1: Sindragosa's Flawless Fang
    Trinket2: Corroded Skeleton Key
    Weapon: Wrathful Gladiator's Greatstaff

Obviously all heroic where possible gemmed and enchanted for maximum stam (Except one agi/stam gem in the neck to enable the meta and leverage the socket bonus).

Buffs:
    ICC 30%
    Well Fed
    Flask of Stoneblood
    Kings
    MoTW
    Fort
    Commanding Shout

All improved through talents where possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

With all that you end up at: 99760.
    Tauren's base health bonus brings them to 100307.

There is only one way I have found for the rest of us to push over the top...
    Exchange
    Corroded Skeleton Key
    For
    Unidentifiable Organ

As the Organ's stam buff is not baseline but rather accumulates as you get hit it is arguable whether or not it should count, but only with it can non-taurens break the 100k HP line (Without using CDs).

You end up at: 100657 with the organ buff fully up.
    Taurens: 101204.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

No this is not the best way to gear, this was entirely for entertainment and in no way a recommendation. You lose both a lot of armor and the tier set bonuses...
    Last edited by Strucker; 07-28-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Missed the RS Wrists. Added in Tauren Health Bonus.
    Addon Author: What's Next? - AllPlates - Sudoku - Death Clock - Super Loot

Nevertheless, you will gain 30k hp from Survival Instincts!! Woop I say! Fun info

You'll gain 45k if you have it glyphed. And another bunch if you use Juggs and a Nightmare seed. And even more if you use the buff on the way to Gunship.

Freaking bears all that stam and a rocket pack for the butt; Blizz loves you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Freaking bears all that stam and a rocket pack for the butt; Blizz loves you.
    swipeswipeswipeswipeswipefblizzswipeswipeswipeswipe
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Indeed. That.

Updated, I was missing the RS wrists and Tauren racial. Bloody Taurens...

Quote Originally Posted by Strucker
    As the Organ's stam buff is not baseline but rather accumulates as you get hit it is arguable whether or not it should count, but only with it can non-taurens break the 100k HP line (Without using CDs).
    UO (almost) never gets to a full stack. In fact, I rarely see it get above four stacks. The average uptime on the buff is something like 65%, so that's 35% of the time that it's not even stacked at all. Even when the buff is active, the average stack is only 2. The only time I've seen it get the full ten stack is during phase one of LK when I'm tanking a ton of adds, only then will it reach the full ten and stay stacked. However, that's for one phase of one encounter.

None of which makes it a bad trinket, the static armor is still a good enough reason to wear it on its own, but don't count on that stam stack being up reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasha View Post
    Nevertheless, you will gain 30k hp from Survival Instincts!! Woop I say! Fun info
    Nevertheless, you will still have less health than a Bear with a 20 stack of Tenacity... then pop Survival Instincts and have more health than a Heroic Dungeon Boss. Using the above calculation you'd have 358,105 Health (based on Tauren with 101,204) and after Survival Instincts, 465,537.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Nevertheless, you will still have less health than a Bear with a 20 stack of Tenacity... then pop Survival Instincts and have more health than a Heroic Dungeon Boss. Using the above calculation you'd have 358,105 Health (based on Tauren with 101,204) and after Survival Instincts, 465,537.
    You would have to factor out the 30% ICC buff. Can't have both at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Strucker View Post
    You would have to factor out the 30% ICC buff. Can't have both at once.
    I did.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I just took my baby bear into ICC for the first time. This is truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    UO (almost) never gets to a full stack. In fact, I rarely see it get above four stacks. The average uptime on the buff is something like 65%, so that's 35% of the time that it's not even stacked at all. Even when the buff is active, the average stack is only 2. The only time I've seen it get the full ten stack is during phase one of LK when I'm tanking a ton of adds, only then will it reach the full ten and stay stacked. However, that's for one phase of one encounter.

None of which makes it a bad trinket, the static armor is still a good enough reason to wear it on its own, but don't count on that stam stack being up reliably.
    I picked UO up last night and swapped it in. Tanked with it on the trash to and during the dreamwalker encounter. I was at 8-10 stacks quickly and for most of the fights during trash. 10-man dreamwalker is a little slow on the mobs, so the uptime was more along the lines of your post. If you are actively tanking something for 20+seconds, you will hit and maintain your 10 stacks. Especially on trash!

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled View Post
    I picked UO up last night and swapped it in. Tanked with it on the trash to and during the dreamwalker encounter. I was at 8-10 stacks quickly and for most of the fights during trash. 10-man dreamwalker is a little slow on the mobs, so the uptime was more along the lines of your post. If you are actively tanking something for 20+seconds, you will hit and maintain your 10 stacks. Especially on trash!
    If you're tanking only one mob (IE most bosses) then the stack is very unreliable. I would use it on trash.... but I use DPS gear on trash :3

I've never been really lucky with the proc and getting it up to 5+ stacks (let alone 10) on any fight besides DW's add phase, VDW, Marrowgars Bonestorm phase and trash. I do still use it in my armor sets though.

+ Reply to Thread