+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anything you see wrong?

Anything you see wrong?

My guild is now working on the LK and I wanted a 2nd(or 3rd) opinion on my gear. Just to make sure I'm not missing some enchant or gemming completely wrong. Critque as much as you want. The more you write the more I can fix and get better from
    Here is my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...egan&cn=Jierda
    Thanks for the advice and coments.
    Always Jierda

I wouldn't use an agility gem, but swapping it for expertise won't make much of a difference.
    I'd definitely put armor on your cloak over agi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

The agi gem is fine. Switch the cloak enchant to 225 armor, buy the 264 tier gloves and put 240 armor on them, and buy some pillars of might, as your pants are weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

i do have pillars of might but im currently using the tier legs for my 4 set bonus. and if youve seen my luck i got only 1 264 tier piece and they are easily replaced. if the gloves are gonna make me that much better then ill get them and use my pillars. 240 armor? where is that chant from? Thanks for the advice. gonna go count my frosts for the upcoming week
    Always Jierda

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    The agi gem is fine. Switch the cloak enchant to 225 armor, buy the 264 tier gloves and put 240 armor on them, and buy some pillars of might, as your pants are weak.
    Id recommend getting the togc 10 valk ring instead of juggernaut band, and well this is kinda personal preference, but id switch mongoose to blood draining

Other than that, your gear is fine

'Glove Reinforcement' armor patch from leatherworking. It's a TBC trainer recipe but the mats are fairly available.

Seconding the agility gem being fine and changing the cloak enchant. Also second buying Pillars of Might.

I wouldn't bother gearing for the 4 piece bonus, particularly since you have sub-optimal pieces equipped to maintain it (legs, 251 tier chest). I'd buy the Cataclysmic Chestguard, keep your Gauntlets of the Kraken and maintain the two piece with head and shoulders (and it goes without saying that you'd want to upgrade those as soon as you get the tokens to do so). Spec and glyphs are also in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Jierda View Post
    i do have pillars of might but im currently using the tier legs for my 4 set bonus. and if youve seen my luck i got only 1 264 tier piece and they are easily replaced. if the gloves are gonna make me that much better then ill get them and use my pillars. 240 armor? where is that chant from? Thanks for the advice. gonna go count my frosts for the upcoming week
    Always Jierda
    the armor chant is http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47672 theres always some cheap on the AH on my realm

the paladin t10 4pc isnt very strong and not really necessary

edit: oops just realized that I misread the previous post

I love my 4 set bonus its gonna be extremely hard to part with. and i also have the chest piece already. i have every frost tank piece except the tier gloves right now. Thanks for all the input

Do not get the armor enchant to gloves, the 18 stam is superior to it.

The 4pc is nice when you are sacrificing very little to get it and not dropping Ilvls, maybe if you have 4 pc 264 but not with 251s. I dont use it mainly due to having 27328465 raiders who still need conq tokens and the damned things dont exist(I think we have seen 2 heroic in the last month but hey like 10 reg ones have dropped..)it is not as strong as other tanks due to blizz using it to help balance a bit, however coupled in with trinket cds and such it can be fairly powerful, IMO though unless its 277s it is not worth it.

However if you are the shambling tank I would alter your spec slightly as your threat really will be a non-issue, this will help your healers out and give a little more room for error.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZE0tAbuMusIdfdxfM0b

Yes it has divinity, however threat is a non issue for the add tank so the extra healing received you are not giving much up at all for it.

So go for 2 Set? or just drop everything? I have the 264 frost chest the 264 lootship shoulders and the pillars of might. what combination should use?
    Werid thing about me tanking shamblings. threat is the issue. i might have been an off night for the hunter but he was on the shambling 24/7 and wasnt giving me MD that much. It turned bad once and the shambling smacked him. hopefully thats fixed for next time and i can use that spec cause it definatly like the changes
    Always Jierda

Don't put any dps on the shamblings; no one but the OT should be hitting them, the plague will kill them off, all dps should be on the LK; hence no threat issues.

The 4 set is less worthwhile than the extra armor and gem slot that pillars affords you.

Theo I agree totally. It was a first run with this guild wasn't gonna critize anyone on my trial run. The hunter who was tranq shotting said he needed to be on the add to make sure he got it in time but i know thier are way around being on the add full time.
    Dreador What else?? I dont think have 3/5 pieces of my set on is very good which should i replace?? I have the 264 Boneguard Commander's Pauldrons and the Cataclysmic Chestguard. Should I use both and for get the 2 set or if 1 what one?

Well, if you want to only use 2 until you get 264 T10 gloves, go with shoulders and helm and use the cata chest.

There is 0 reason for the hunter to be the shambling, if they disagree send them to this post we run one hunter who with the help of my stuns manages to handle both shamblings, on heroic. He needs to make a macro and stay fairly close to cut down travel time of the shot. As far as the 2pc, I would maybe use it for the farm stuff or fights where you are tanking first because it is a huge tps increase. However on fights where tank death is a real possibility, use the gear that gives you the most EH, i.e. pillars(other than for sindy), bonguards, and cata chest.

Another quick question. Troggbane or Crusader's Glory?? (258 LK weapon vs ToGC Anub weapon) Troggbane really helps with threat but crusader's glory give some good EH.
    2nd What makes a threat weapon produce its threat? the harder hits? the DPS from the weapon?

The hunter who was tranq shotting said he needed to be on the add to make sure he got it in time but i know thier are way around being on the add full time.
    Yes there is, it is called a focus target.

/focus [target=mouseover,exists]; focus

Works very well.

Dreador What else?? I dont think have 3/5 pieces of my set on is very good which should i replace?? I have the 264 Boneguard Commander's Pauldrons and the Cataclysmic Chestguard. Should I use both and for get the 2 set or if 1 what one?
    Both of those pieces are superior to what you are currently wearing.
    Last edited by Creelos; 07-27-2010 at 10:35 PM.
    Army Strong = Two hundred thirty four years of tradition unhindered by rational thought

+ Reply to Thread