+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear Advice [DK Tank]

Gear Advice [DK Tank]

I've a few doubts regarding my new tanking offspec: shall i go for 4pc of t10 (got sanctified tokens, so thats not a limitation) or maybe i should grab HC chest and legs. Another question, i believe i have too much defense right ?, shall i replace the shoulders enchant for the stamina + resilience ?.

I know my second trinket and rings are not the best, but do you think i will not be "gear limited" to tank ICC HC (probably 10 HC for now) ?.

Thanks in advance.

Leoxt. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...crest&cn=Leoxt

Honestly, the 4pc bonus is amazing in my opinion. And since you are way over dcap, definately use 10k honor to get that stam+resil shoulder enchant, it's far more valuable than the 20 dodge rating and wasted def rating.

The one problem with this is you may lose your expertise cap, so be careful with that, and remember there is a +15 exp to gloves enchant if you happen to need it. Also, be on the lookout for a new weapon, You are WAY over hit cap and that arm pen is doing NOTHING for you.

You also copped out with the sigil... I don't believe it's BiS, get the triumph one. Remember, it's not always about gearscore.

The other thing is I don't think the +10 parry +15 stam gem on your helm is the best to use in order to get that meta working... but I can't think of which is off the top of my head, its a little late here.

Quote Originally Posted by clearflare View Post
    Honestly, the 4pc bonus is amazing in my opinion. And since you are way over dcap, definately use 10k honor to get that stam+resil shoulder enchant, it's far more valuable than the 20 dodge rating and wasted def rating.

The one problem with this is you may lose your expertise cap, so be careful with that, and remember there is a +15 exp to gloves enchant if you happen to need it. Also, be on the lookout for a new weapon, You are WAY over hit cap and that arm pen is doing NOTHING for you.

You also copped out with the sigil... I don't believe it's BiS, get the triumph one. Remember, it's not always about gearscore.

The other thing is I don't think the +10 parry +15 stam gem on your helm is the best to use in order to get that meta working... but I can't think of which is off the top of my head, its a little late here.
    Indeed i am way over the hit cap but its the only weapon i have atm besides bryntroll HC which is not better...isnt it ?.

The DK tank in my guild uses the 4pc. with the non-set shoulders from gunship.

I would recommend getting the Armor belt and cloak from frost badges. If you have the Armor neck from Rotface (normal or heroic) equip that. Glyph of Indom. is a good trinket to replace the DPS trinket in your first trinket slot and it's very easy to get (Triumph Badges.) If you're still running 25s then keep an eye out for the boots from Dreamwalker and, if you don't have it already, try and get the Armor neck from Rotface (Like I said above ^.^)

I hope this is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gape View Post
    The DK tank in my guild uses the 4pc. with the non-set shoulders from gunship.

I would recommend getting the Armor belt and cloak from frost badges. If you have the Armor neck from Rotface (normal or heroic) equip that. Glyph of Indom. is a good trinket to replace the DPS trinket in your first trinket slot and it's very easy to get (Triumph Badges.) If you're still running 25s then keep an eye out for the boots from Dreamwalker and, if you don't have it already, try and get the Armor neck from Rotface (Like I said above ^.^)

I hope this is helpful.
    I do have the armor cloak in the bank, somewhere ^^, i will follow your suggestion and use it.

Regarding the Glyph of Indomitability, i will do a couple of HCs and buy it. Meanwhile it should do the job untill i get enough frosts for the last 2 pieces of t10.

I forgot to add i bought the tanking BoE ring to replace my current one.

What do think ? I am suitable to tank 10 HC and maybe OT 25 man ?.

Thanks for your time.

You're most definitely ready once you get the Glyph. With the 30% buff your HP will be fine.

I wish I could make more of a suggestion as to what T10 pieces to use. You're probly going to want to shuffle around pieces depending on what your hit is, but try to keep your 4pc.

Good Luck.

Moved to HALP where armory posts belong.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

To add A bit more to what was said
    #1 Yes the 4p is worth it if you Hit Blood Tap Every time it's off CD, I find that i do. However if you Are only hitting it once(or forgetting it all together) a Boss Fight you'll Get more Overall Damage Reduction from the offsets.

#2 Assuming you are going for 4P I would get the shoulders/Legs; Reason for this is Shoulders are the easiest Piece to make tier because you lose the Least Stat-wise from an offset. The Tier Legs Have Expertise Which you are in Short Supply of. Then get the Offset Chest ASAP Expertise and Extra Armor Those changes Should keep you Expertise capped While increasing your Armor/Dropping hit

#3 Bryntoll Is not better then your Cryptmaker, Keep the Cryptmaker It is a VERY nice Tanking weapon, Personaly There are Only two Weapons i would use over it, Heroic- Ramaladni's Blade of Culling Or ShadowMourne(SM For Pure Damage)

#4 The Badge Belt Should also be on your shopping list As well as the Bracers from 10m Saurfang(Personal Choice here i like the Armor over the Tiny bit of extra STA the 25m Marrowgar)

+ Reply to Thread