+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy Priest - Stuck, Need Advice

Holy Priest - Stuck, Need Advice

Hey, here's my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dge&cn=Cohealz

Basically, I power levelled this toon to try and start a 10 man guild with a few of my friends but now they've all retired until xpac and I'm marooned on the island of badge gear only. I've been trying to get into good TOC10/25 mans but to no avail. Half of them barely even understand how to kill Snobolds. And no raiding guilds on my server want to help gear a new 4.9k gs holy priest, and I'm reluctant to switch to disc.

I guess what I'm asking for is basic advice on gear that I should be going for (I'm currently trying to upgrade my belt, staff & legs & enchants) or whether you guys think I might be able to pass as raid heals if i can worm my way into some ICC normal pugs.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Do Heroic HoR until you can get a Snowflake. Better then your brewfest egg, bit of a GS upgrade to.

If you want to cheat your way into pugs read below, if not then don't.
    If you like pvp to an extent wrathful peices can help buff your gearscore, and to a large extent your survivability and to a lesser extent throughput. The wrathful wrists and neck, are not really true upgrades, i would say roughly equal, to what your sporting but will to a extend help you get into them icc pugs.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

You are very close to actually being plenty capable of doing an ICC pug (at least on my server). There are two effective waist replacements for you in Heroic Pit of Saron and there is another one in Heroic Halls of Reflection. Both of those pieces would serve you well.

Boot wise, Prelates Snowshoes also drops in Heroic Pit of Saron and is another solid piece. I would also suggest getting the Surgeon's Needle (there might be a better option for a Holy priest, but my mind is blank currently) from there and then the offhand Shriveled Heart from Heroic Halls of Reflection. Leg wise, you can go with your badge gear (Triumph) or get the crafted Primordial Saronite legs, should you have the money laying around.

I used many of those pieces well into my ICC treks (I have horrible RNG luck), so they should serve you just fine.

Enchant-wise just follow this - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Lair&cn=Undome. Those are pretty much the best possible enchantments for each piece for a priest. You can argue that the Spirit Enchant is better than the Tuskarr's Vitality, but I like the movement bonus for fights like Sindragosa.

I'd also recommend you pick up tailoring for the back piece enhancements. They are quite nice.

If you find yourself struggling, you can try an alternative build. Serendipity and Prayer of Healing have seen better days and I haven't used them in ages. I fine a more Renew-centric build to be more effective. That is more of a personal playstyle type thing though.

Thx for helpful replies guys!

+ Reply to Thread