+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holy Paladin Mana Problems

Holy Paladin Mana Problems

Im a new holy paladin, been doing icc's and i have around 32k mana buffed.....but no matter what i cant seem to spam HL for more than 2 mins, and when i DP heals get rly low even with trink....plz help!!!

bump ^.^

Why would you bump a post immediately after posting it?
    http://www.tankspot.com/entry.php?33...adins-and-Mana

Anyways, there's a Blog that's all about mana mana mana

tl;dr

You're not going to spam Holy Light for very long anyways. Hit Divine Plea at 80% and then on CD thereafter if you're spamming Holy Lights. Use Avenging Wrath to offset one of the Divine Pleas and then Divine Illuminiation to offset the other. In most cases, you shouldn't need to spam Holy Light for 2 minutes straight without a break.

Hehe idk why i even bumped but ty for the blog, that will prob solve my problem

Link to your armory would be great.

Your mana pool seems to be a little low to be a HL paladin. The Paladin i have healing our raids has 49.8k raid buffed. Granted he is in a lot of 277, but even in 251's and 264's which are easy enought to get, 32k fully buffed seems low.

Just so you know, you gem fully for INT as HL paladin.

/Tahriel

Quote Originally Posted by pallyboi View Post
    Ahh right, so you still have quite a few lower iLVL items.

I recomend you first start spamming HC Dungeons for tons of emblems and upgrade as many pieces as you can.

You can deffinatly upgrade your chest, boots, and atleast one ring from just badges alone. Triumph badges that is, so they're very easy to obtain.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but i think you'd be better picking up the trinket from ToC 5 Normal, it has around 90 intellect on it and a chance to proc Mana. Will add you quite a bit extra intellect rather than the mp5 trinket.

Getting 2 professions to 450 that will both benefit your intellect numbers could net you around 1260 extra mana also. (Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing are great for this) another which would benefit you would be Alchemist, and use elixirs Guru's Elixir and Elixir of Mighty Thoughts as when you're an alchemist and use elixirs or flasks, you get extra stats from them.

You should also be using Guru's Elixirs and Mighty Thoughts even without being alchemist too!

If you do all those things you should net yourself more mana, netting more back from your abilities and replenishment etc.

P.S You can upgrade your neck from badges also, to a 226 one from Ulduar days. Probably upgrade other pieces too from ICC Dugeons, can't really remember what drops in them for Paladins though.

/Tahriel

Replace Binding Stone with Tears of the Vanquished (Trial of the Champion, regular, 5 man)
    Replace Ice-Reinforced Vrykul Helm with Lightsworn Headpiece (t10 vendor)
    Replace Cloak of the Fallen Cardinal with Drape of the Violet Tower (Frost Badge Vendor)
    Replace Robes of the Crackling Flame with Chestplate of Unspoken Truths (Frost Badge Vendor)
    Replace Liandrin's Gloves of Conquest with Gauntlets of Overexposure (Frost Badge Vendor)
    Replace Boots of Persuasion with either the Crafted ICC Boots, or a drop from ICC
    Replace Ring of the Traitor King with Band of the Invoker (Replace this with the Ashen Verdict Ring when you get it)
    Replace Band of Neglected Pass with Heartmender's Circle (There's plenty of upgrades for this in ICC)
    Replace Libram of Veracity with Libram of Renewal
    If you can find a ToC 25 or an ICC 10-25 HEALER weapon, use that to replace your sword, which is alright, but is not truly a healer weapon.

Your gear, in this instance, is likely causing a lot of mana issues. Still, I'd read the blog and make sure you're using your spells and abilities to their fullest too. Good luck.

My Holy Paladin does not have a lot from deep ICC, and is a fairly good example of what you can get with badge pieces, drops from ToC, and a few drops from ICC, and even she could use a lot more from ICC 25. I've just not been playing much lately. In any case, use that as an example of what to look forward to.

Yeah i did rotface and fester 10 man with my guild the other day, Lockjaw or whatever its named dropped, i didnt roll because the only upgrade was some mp5

It's better than the +hit you're rocking, and if you're running out of mana, mp5 will help. It may not be the most attractive Holy Paladin stat, but it's still a good one.

Lulia has made some excellent suggestions. Getting that 5-man ToC trinket should help a lot.

I'd also mention that Lockjaw is one of the best Holy Paladin weapons out there (the other contender being Trauma, though I like the stats on Lockjaw better than the proc on Trauma). I personally healed all of 10m ICC using Lockjaw and managed to get the heroic version this week.

As far as consumables goes, I use Flask of Distilled Wisdom, its from BC I believe, +60 intellect for an hour. I food buff haste using Very Burnt Worg most often. The spellpower off a fish feast isn't going to help you.

Yeah, I was talking about the stat of Mp5 as opposed to the weapon. Lockjaw itself is one of the best options a Holy Paladin has. I was just saying that even though Mp5 isn't an amazing Pally stat, it's still a good one, and much better than hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagina View Post
    I'd also mention that Lockjaw is one of the best Holy Paladin weapons out there (the other contender being Trauma, though I like the stats on Lockjaw better than the proc on Trauma).
    Trauma is useless. H Lockjaw is the perfect itemized weapon, likely won't replace it till a 25heroic lich king weapon.

Speaking of low mana, im stacking int everywhere and im only on 33k unbuffed.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&gn=Oligarchy

I know it says 36k, but thats cause it saves with buffs when i log out =[

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicacid View Post
    Speaking of low mana, im stacking int everywhere and im only on 33k unbuffed.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&gn=Oligarchy

I know it says 36k, but thats cause it saves with buffs when i log out =[
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...kar&cn=Chillyb
    You should have about the same int I got. Not much less. Im still healing with no problems. And remember, you can get higher mana pool with replacing your Lunar dust trinket, BUT it really doesn't increase your mana. Lunar Dust and Solace of the fallen are trinkets which are actually more peneficial than just high int trinkets.
    Pretty much only exception for this is Meteor Crystal from Ulduar 10man. Which gives you high int (+111) and has Mp5 CD.
    Anyways. My mana raid buffed is 42K. That includes absolutely every single mana increasing buff you can get in the game.

As advice, check my gemming and copy it. ^^ And you need to remember: BS gives you + 40 int and JC +42. Those 2 are likely admit to be best professions for Holydin.
    And There is another Chest option with Frost Badges. I didn't need more mana so I went after more haste untill I get it replaced but Emblem chest gives you 1 more socket to stack int. And your ring hasn't got a gem in it.

In total you are missing:
    16 int from bracer enchant,
    40 int from BS,
    42 int from JC,
    20 int from chest piece,
    20 int from ring socket.
    Total: 138 int. Which is a lot!

Sry for messy answer.. Bit busy at work. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyb View Post
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...kar&cn=Chillyb
    You should have about the same int I got. Not much less. Im still healing with no problems. And remember, you can get higher mana pool with replacing your Lunar dust trinket, BUT it really doesn't increase your mana. Lunar Dust and Solace of the fallen are trinkets which are actually more peneficial than just high int trinkets.
    Pretty much only exception for this is Meteor Crystal from Ulduar 10man. Which gives you high int (+111) and has Mp5 CD.
    Anyways. My mana raid buffed is 42K. That includes absolutely every single mana increasing buff you can get in the game.
    I agree with the things you say after this, but the trinket discussion i disagree with.

Tears gives more MP5 in a raid setting (The 5man ToC trinket with 84int and chance to proc mana)

Sure you get the spellpower with Lunar, but HL paladins really don't require the spellpower.

/Tahriel

Quote Originally Posted by Tahriel View Post
    I agree with the things you say after this, but the trinket discussion i disagree with.

Tears gives more MP5 in a raid setting (The 5man ToC trinket with 84int and chance to proc mana)

Sure you get the spellpower with Lunar, but HL paladins really don't require the spellpower.
    As far as I have done the maths right and tested the trinkets out after Lunar Dust next best trinket is Greatness +int if you are playing with replenishment (and time your plea with proc), if not then Tears. Remember, as far as I have done the maths right. Im happy to be corrected if some1 can give me some reasonable formulas.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyb View Post
    As far as I have done the maths right and tested the trinkets out after Lunar Dust next best trinket is Greatness +int if you are playing with replenishment (and time your plea with proc), if not then Tears. Remember, as far as I have done the maths right. Im happy to be corrected if some1 can give me some reasonable formulas.
    Lunar Dust - 76mp5 in most cases, although depends on the exact length of the fight. (This information is straight from WoWhead, by a highly voted comment)
    Tears - 50mp5 just from the proc on it's own. + Replenishment value and Plea bonus from the raw mana. (This information is straight from WoWhead, by a highly voted comment)

Replenishment value of 84int;
    84int = 1260mana as a Paladin right? (1int = 15mana?)
    1% of 1260 every 5 second = 12.6mp5

Each Plea will give back;
    315 Mana extra.

Provided Plea is used once every minute in a 5minute fight? (Is that a reasonable amount or?)
    Lets assume Plea is used 4 times, since it wont be used straight off the bat.

4 x 315 = 1260 extra mana from plea.

1260 / 300 * 5 = 21mp5

50mp5 + 21mp5 + 12.6mp5 = 83.6mp5

83.6mp5 + the mp5 value of starting with 1260 mana extra at start of the fight.

1260 mana value of mp5 over a 5minute fight = 21mp5

83.6mp5 + 21mp5 = 104.6mp5

Please remember, i'm not a Paladin so don't hurt me too much if i've over used Plea etc.

P.S You also get 8.4int extra through kings by using Tears of Vanquisher. Didn't calculate that in to the numbers.
    P.S.S Sorry it's so messy to read.

/Tahriel

I didnt have the gem in my ring cause i logged off and cbf getting a gem cut. Ive done that now. I also picked up heroic Lockjaw last night so i put a +20 int in that aswell.

As for the chest, im waiting for rotface to drop the chest on 25man, the badge chest is just temporary. And im also waiting for a decent back to drop and i dont like the badge version.

I havent enchanted most of my gear, might get around to that tonight.

I dont actually have mana problems, i use cd's fine, but the more the merrier.

Hah. You can't make formulas clear - ever.
    Good stuff mate, I like it. (In 5 minute fight you shouldn't need to plea more than twice, atleast I can survive trough it like that).
    But yes, you proved me wrong!

+ Reply to Thread