+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level 59, and getting trucked over in a 60 dungeon?

Level 59, and getting trucked over in a 60 dungeon?

Hai guiz, posted here awhile ago about aggro issues and it got resolved cause I didn't know gouge was a threat wiper. Never had aggro problems since.

Anywho, just hit level 60 a little before writing this and forgot I had, so thats why the title says 59. I just started running hellfire ramparts, and I am getting hit like a truck, and a few healers have metioned that I have pretty low health. Here is my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Fastpuller

Now, I just replaced my legs and cape with a few drops from ramps and the armory has not updated that yet, but I was wondering what I can do gear wise, where should I run to get to the point where it's easy to heal me again like it was when I was any other level?

I am using shield block/shield wall/last stand when needed for mitigation, but sometimes it's not enough.

Thanks for all the help!

i didnt run hellfire ramps till i was in my low 60s and had about 7k hp. i know if i was running my cleric in a ramps group and had a 5.2k hp tank i would be a little concerned. in fact in all the runs ive done with my cleric in ramps, dont think i ever saw a tank with less than 6k+ hp.

levels play a lot of diff imo. re your equipment, you havent gemmed your feet? a couple of stam gems there will giv eyou a nice hp boost.
    also a few of your pieces just seem a bit low on the stam side in general. i cant remember all my lvl 60 equip as pretty much all has been upgraded, but i know i was very keen to make sure that my priorities were ac boost or hp boost when upgrading.

First time I have ran into any problems like this, so I am not entirely sure what to do gear/avoidance/stam wise.

well another example is your legs. at 60, i wouldnt worry about meeting a def cap. you can get that easily enough when you hit 70 with the crafted sets. again, i would look for a set of legs with hp.
    dont worry about avoidance. just for for ac and hp. in your case, i would say right now your focus is more on the hp side.

So sorry, but what is AC? I feel embaressed, I should totally know this. Hahaha.

no worries ac is armour.

put it another way, right now your equipment is a bit of a hodge podge of dps stuff, some avoidance stuff, some defensive stuff. if you wanna be prot, then you need to be a lot more focused in how you pick up and upgrade your gear. forget about DPS. its stam/ac, stam/ac/ stam/ac. that should be your mantra. live it. breathe it and you will find yourself surviving much better in ramps, or any other dungeon for that matter.
    also, theres a lot of cheap enchants, like the netherclef stuff. so if you can afford it, do try and enchant your main pieces as well. sure, its a waste of money in some regards as you will inevitably be upgrading in the near future. but to me, as long asi can afford it, then iwill always show up in a dungeon with the best possible gear, enchants and gems i can put on.

another thing. dont forget the stam/ ac buffs, food and potions. these all can make a difference too. dont neglect them.
    Last edited by mistrale; 07-22-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Here are some easily obtainable quest items in Hellfire peninsula:

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.4?fil...3483:3;crv=0:0

As well for a shield

http://www.wowhead.com/item=29919

As mistrale suggest don't worry about defense rating while in Outlands. More importantly, grab whatever str and sta plate that drops. There's next to no pieces of plate gear of blue quality with tank stats on them in Outlands until the high 60s, so don't be afraid to roll on "DPS plate."

If you grab those items you should be fine. Beyond that it's not really a gear issue for Ramparts anymore.
    Last edited by BruisedOoze; 07-23-2010 at 12:03 AM.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

Wonderful advice from everyone, I deeply appreciate it. Looks like as though it's time to stop doing strictly instance runs and do a few quests for a change.

Thanks again, any other input anyone else might want to add would be welcome as well.

if you find yourself in a catch 22 that you are not prepared or sure about tanking a dungeon, you can always just do what i do, especially for new dungeons. run the first few times as a dps spec and learn the ropes. also gets you in for those plate drops.

Thanks. I geared up with most of the things that Bruised listed, still a few things I am working on, but things are starting to look better now. Thanks so much guys. Still need to update those rings/trinket very bad though.

Actually, there's very little you can do. Outland dungeon mobs simply hit a lot harder then classic dungeon mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

+ Reply to Thread