+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury DPS issue (s)

Fury DPS issue (s)

Hi everyone, I thank you all in advance for your suggestions. I have used RAWR and Landsoul's spreadsheet.

I use a WW/BT/Slam(bloodsurge)| wait/ rotation.
    My GS is ~5618

I have spent alot of time at the melee dummies. I have noticed in icc 10 / voa that my dps seems to be about 1k less than similarly geared fury warriors and i cannot figure out why. Landsoul's spreadsheet says that my unbuffed dps should be around 5k but on the target dummies i only hit ~4k.

I have read the stickies here and on other forums but it seems to me that i am missing on something.

Please help!

Target dummies kinda help you practice your rotation, but i hate gauging my dps on em. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lygos&cn=Dregg that you? You probable miss a lot. AP is alright on proc. You time your cd?
    Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.
    Miyamoto Musashi

He wont miss one bit. Hit cap is 167 with 3/3 Precision.
    I don't claim to be an expert on Warriors these days, but are you using Heroic Strike when above 50 rage?
    I also doubt this is going to make a huge difference, but I always go with BT before Whirlwind. Doubt that matters for much over the course of the fight however.
    I cannot see what gear you actually have or how you are gemming it, But I have a 5700GS warrior, gemmed for fully ArP, its far from perfect, works out at about 1150 ArP before the NES proc. I manage about 8-9k in ICC10 on bosses, about 10k in ICC25.

Yes that is me, the main thing i have noticed in raids is when i look at recount the higher dps warriors their top 3 damage attacks are:

WW, BT, HS while mine tends to read Melee (auto?) WW, BT. I am assuming that melee meas auto attacks and that I am missing a whole lot on WW. My hit is at 5.52 but with precision the soft hit is 6% so is .48% making me miss that much?

Quote Originally Posted by dregg View Post
    My hit is at 5.52 but with precision the soft hit is 6% so is .48% making me miss that much?
    no, with precision you are a tad over cap. special melee hit cap is 8%, so with precision you only need 5% from gear to be capped.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Alright so i shouldn't be missing but it seems to me that I may be just by looking at what i see in recount. I'm not sure why melee is always #1, i'm not missing any cd / proc.

melee is always #1 because you aren't queuing up enough heroic strikes. HS will take AWAY from your melee and then give it to HS instead. once you start queuing up more HS your dps will go up, and your melee % of damage will go down.

You aren't missing WW. Parse yourself using wmo or worldoflogs, for a steady fight like festergut or deathbringer Saurfang. then look at it and figure out what's going wrong.

#1 thing to look at = WW uptime:
    WW cd should be 8 seconds. That means if you take your total fight time from your parse, convert to seconds, then divide by 8, that's the absolute maximum # of WW's you can throw out. You should be at or above 95% for your WW usage vs possible.

#2 thing to look at = BT uptime:
    BT cd should be 4 seconds. Same as above, take fight time, convert to seconds, divide by 4, and you should be trying to be at 90% or higher, 90% because you will let BT be pushed back 1.5 seconds if WW is up.

#3 thing to look at = Slam! proc usage:
    Check out your "buffs gained" in the log, see how many times you gained the buff "Slam!" that's a bloodsurge proc. You should be trying to get as many of these as possible. Some will argue it's okay to push your bt or ww a gcd or two to make sure you utilize bloodsurge procs to the maximum, others will say not to, in either case 75% uptime on this is acceptable.

#4 thing to look at = HS usage:
    After you get the above 3 to 95, 90, 75% uptime, only then should you worry more about your HS usage. Because trying to utilize HS too much before you get 1 2 3 down, will only hurt you, because you rage starve yourself from being able to hit 1 2 3 and 1 2 3 increase your dps a LOT, queuing up HS only increases your damage marginally (HS converts your attack to a yellow swing and adds a small bit of damage on top of it, that's about all it does) but once you've mastered 1 2 3, it's the only way to push more dps until you're comfortable enough to move on to #5 (which is rend weaving but if you can't get 1 2 3 yet, don't even think of 5).

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

You said your melee (auto attacks) are top dmg? I smell a Heroic Strike usage issue. Que it up when your over 50 rage, and once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to que it up even more, as you get the "feel" of your rage spikes and such. I have both my H.Strike bound to Mousewheel up, and cleave bound to mousewheel down. that way you can "spam" when you see fit and let off when you need to. H.strike is like a gas pedal. when in doubt give it more... wait, that can't be right! lol. You need to know when to gas it, and when to let off the gas.

Also, what kind of encounter are we talking about? single target bosses with little to no movement or add-style encounters, such as LK?

I don't believe it matters what you start with, starting with either results in the same amount of ability usage, but just a little different timing on where to place your waiting, rend/slam! procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    melee is always #1 because you aren't queuing up enough heroic strikes. HS will take AWAY from your melee and then give it to HS instead. once you start queuing up more HS your dps will go up, and your melee % of damage will go down.

You aren't missing WW. Parse yourself using wmo or worldoflogs, for a steady fight like festergut or deathbringer Saurfang. then look at it and figure out what's going wrong.

#1 thing to look at = WW uptime:
    WW cd should be 8 seconds. That means if you take your total fight time from your parse, convert to seconds, then divide by 8, that's the absolute maximum # of WW's you can throw out. You should be at or above 95% for your WW usage vs possible.

#2 thing to look at = BT uptime:
    BT cd should be 4 seconds. Same as above, take fight time, convert to seconds, divide by 4, and you should be trying to be at 90% or higher, 90% because you will let BT be pushed back 1.5 seconds if WW is up.

#3 thing to look at = Slam! proc usage:
    Check out your "buffs gained" in the log, see how many times you gained the buff "Slam!" that's a bloodsurge proc. You should be trying to get as many of these as possible. Some will argue it's okay to push your bt or ww a gcd or two to make sure you utilize bloodsurge procs to the maximum, others will say not to, in either case 75% uptime on this is acceptable.

#4 thing to look at = HS usage:
    After you get the above 3 to 95, 90, 75% uptime, only then should you worry more about your HS usage. Because trying to utilize HS too much before you get 1 2 3 down, will only hurt you, because you rage starve yourself from being able to hit 1 2 3 and 1 2 3 increase your dps a LOT, queuing up HS only increases your damage marginally (HS converts your attack to a yellow swing and adds a small bit of damage on top of it, that's about all it does) but once you've mastered 1 2 3, it's the only way to push more dps until you're comfortable enough to move on to #5 (which is rend weaving but if you can't get 1 2 3 yet, don't even think of 5).
    Thanks, i will check the parser idea out

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsupply View Post
    You said your melee (auto attacks) are top dmg? I smell a Heroic Strike usage issue. Que it up when your over 50 rage, and once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to que it up even more, as you get the "feel" of your rage spikes and such. I have both my H.Strike bound to Mousewheel up, and cleave bound to mousewheel down. that way you can "spam" when you see fit and let off when you need to. H.strike is like a gas pedal. when in doubt give it more... wait, that can't be right! lol. You need to know when to gas it, and when to let off the gas.

Also, what kind of encounter are we talking about? single target bosses with little to no movement or add-style encounters, such as LK?

I don't believe it matters what you start with, starting with either results in the same amount of ability usage, but just a little different timing on where to place your waiting, rend/slam! procs.
    I noticed it on VOA 10/25 as well as ICC10 bosses (festergut) as well as the weekly quest bosses. So I should Q hs every time my rage is over 50?

absolutly, yes. The damage isn't enormous, but it is an increase and every little bit helps.

yes, queuing up HS when you have > 50 rage will be a way to boost your dps because it removes glancing blows and increases the damage by a small amount (496 i believe), but again, use a parser, and monitor how well you're doing with points 1 2 3 then worry about 4, no matter how good you are at doing #4, if 1 2 3 are bad, your dps will blow.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    yes, queuing up HS when you have > 50 rage will be a way to boost your dps because it removes glancing blows and increases the damage by a small amount (496 i believe), but again, use a parser, and monitor how well you're doing with points 1 2 3 then worry about 4, no matter how good you are at doing #4, if 1 2 3 are bad, your dps will blow.
    Not only glancing blows, but you will not miss at all when you convert a white hit into a yellow one. For most raids, you want to have a high % of heroic strikes. This is dramatically affect your dps.

Also, I dont know if it was mentioned, but warriors are highly dependent on raid buffs to increase their damage. Make sure you have a Flask of Endless Rage going as well as indestructible potions (other people use haste, your call) and make sure you are using your cooldowns (Death Wish/Recklessness) as often as possible. If a fight typically lasts 5 minutes, you can get 3 Death Wishes in (start of pull, 2m, 4 min). If you can, stacking these cooldowns with bloodlust is ideal.

Just not getting a Kings or Might makes a big difference. Make sure you are managing the whole fight and your abilities and I think you will see better results. Finally standing in certain places can make a huge difference as well.... make sure you are behind the MOB and for fights like Rotface, standing with everyone else increases the likelihood you will have to move to avoid a slime spray. If everyone has one back leg of Rotface, take the other one.

Gear looks ok. On your spec, I am not a huge fan of Unbridled Wrath or Imp Berserker Rage. You will fill your bar pretty quick with rage in a raid situation.... take Booming Voice to get to tier 3 and go all in with Commanding Presence. You dont use the imp execute so this might yield you better results.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Unger; 07-26-2010 at 11:07 AM.
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

+ Reply to Thread