+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Abyssal Seahorse Mount

Abyssal Seahorse Mount

The first of the new underwater mounts coming in Cataclysm is now complete and available on the Beta servers. Here's a video preview!

First!
    Why is it so slow?
    [Persianmessenger] whispers: This is blasphemy! This is Madness!
    To [Persianmessenger]: Madness? This is TANKSPOT!

Wow, I can safely say that gave me a similar awe reaction to when I first saw a preview for flying. Very cool. Suddenly, I'm actually looking forward to all this underwater business.

I'm wondering the same thing...is the mount really that slow? I think I swim faster than that without a mount...

It looks a lot more suitable for underwater riding than the first one they had.

And to add to the list, it's not really that slow is it?

It looks like it's the same speed as normal swimming.. hmm, hopefully it'll speed up in live.

Just like flying mounts have a different speed when they're on ground, these water mounts may have a ground speed when they're close to the ground.

It's likely that they move much faster when they're actually swimming, just like flying mounts are faster when flying.

It may not just be all that obvious that it's on the ground because of the fact seahorses don't have legs. The nether ray mounts simply floated even when they were going ground speed when they were on the ground. It may be in the same case here.
    Con Brio is recruiting! Look within for details. www.conbrioguild.org
    Mage Guide Author
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...skies/advanced

Nah, they're not that slow at all.

Made a quick video for ya to show the normal swimspeed, and the swimspeed on the ground (which is faster due to the buff you get).

In fact they should probably make the animation a bit slower and smoother, the poor thing swims like it's on speed now

I hope they fix the spaz out animation for swimming soon. One more thing, Is this going to be a Vashj'ir specific mount or can you pop it while swimming anywhere?
    I can stand the sight of worms, And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms, Is really too much for me.

As a collector of mounts, I have to say that these are pretty high on the gathering list for me. I love them.

Meh, I'd rather have giant squid or octopuss.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Mabye the person who made this video had walk on instead of run. your land mounts go 100% speed on land but go uber slow when you have walk on so mabye that is why the mount is going slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylo View Post
    Mabye the person who made this video had walk on instead of run. your land mounts go 100% speed on land but go uber slow when you have walk on so mabye that is why the mount is going slow.
    I suspect that was the case - it does make the mount look prettier than the normal, twitchy type of swimming it does.

"DUDE check out my new Mount its a SEAHORSE"

Fail

what a crap mount

I think its one of the nicest designed mounts thus far in game, art-wise, but is sure as hell is slow as can be. And the way it moves just looks unnatural.

+ Reply to Thread