+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is now the right time to gem ARP ?

Is now the right time to gem ARP ?

Hey guys..

Since today I am the proud owner of shadow's edge me like.
    Also with this new nice axe my arp rating went up to 736.

Do I continue to gem strength or is this the time to regem for arp ?

Another quick question. In combination with Brynthroll axe would you equip shadows edge in main hand or off hand ?

thanx in advance.

my toon:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r&cn=Dutchmill

cheers.

736 - No.... err Probably not actually. (You have 776, but as you pointed out, 736 without ArP gems)

Don't consider it until you switch away from Bryntroll. Short of heroic gear, it will be very hard to hit the ArP cap.

You have 23 gem slot, 1 for nightmare's gear gives you 22 not needed to activate your meta.

That's 22x20 = 440 ArP + 14x3 (JC) for a total of 440+42 = 482 ArP.

Your target is 1360 (hearty rhino will get you to 1400).

So to hit 1400 you have

1400 - 736 (passive) = 664 to make up.

482 < 664 so don't gem ArP. You have a difference of 182.

Check Landsouls, that's the best indicator (just import your character and switch all the gems to ArP and see what the DPS difference is)

But given you'd still be 182 from the cap (222 if you didn't eat Hearty Rhino) I think the answer is going to be no.
    Last edited by Loganisis; 07-22-2010 at 09:55 AM.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I haz question

My warrior is going to be 80 soon, and after a week of grinding i should have all the triumph badges I need to have full tier 9 and some nice gear from the new instances. Firstly, I have read conflicting posts about people using dual berserking on their weapons or berserking/ massacre, which would you recommend?

Secondly, I know I shouldn't go full ArP gemmed off the bat. What should I gem for initially?

STR Initially until you can softcap ArP + trinket, then get more arp from gear, and balance with str, until you can get to near hardcap (90%+) without a proc, drop the proc trinket, and get a better dps trinket, and profit as you gun for 100% arp passive.

Also, dual berserking has long been the working standard for dps.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thanx for the replies.

The reason why i doubt is because i have checked landsouls spreadsheet and it does give me a increase in dps when i regem to arp.
    i know i wil not hitting the hardcap but still it gives me an improvement.

I have seen more warriors being close to 1300 arp and doing nice dps. Better then i am with strength.

Perhaps I use the spreadsheet wrong and continue to get better gear.
    or I use it correctly and it will improve my dps.
    At the top shows dps metric. Is that the stat i am looking at ??

Expensive choice to find out if you ask me :P

Gemming ArPen is usually a dps improvement when you can hit 80-85%, even. At least for me Landsoul's showed gemming full ArPen as a dps inprovement even a bit before that, so I started gemming ArPen.

Basically, if Landsoul's Spreadsheet tells you switching to full ArPen gemming is an improvement, go for it. (As long as you still stay hit and expertise capped, preferably.)

+ Reply to Thread