+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Arena Target Macro

  1. #1

    Arena Target Macro

    Okay so i really need a macro that can target arena 1 and arena 2 frame (switch target between 2 enemies in arena) with one button

    Please don't say just press tab cause i don't want to TARGET NEAREST. I want it so it switches between the two enemies in 2v2 without clicking in on them (i use gladius)


    i thought it be something like this but it doesn't work

    /target [target=arena1]
    /target [target=arena2]


    but doesn't work

    Any help would be amazing

    thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    474
    Code:
    /target [target=arena1, harm] arena2
    /target [target=arena2, harm] arena1
    So to be honest not sure if it'll work, and I don't have much of a way to testing it since I've never even been into an arena before, and my guild seems to busy to join a party for a bit, but my gut feeling says that it will work.
    It also isn't full proof since it won't work if you have something else targeted other than arena1 or arena2, and I know there is a way to patch that flaw up a bit, but apparently my brain is too fried at the moment to come up with it. Maybe Quinafoi will appear to fix my macros as usual. If not I'll revisit it tomorrow sometime when I actually have had some sleep.

    Edit: I think I figured it out. Should test it. Bed time.
    Code:
    /target [target=arena2] arena1; arena2
    Last edited by Helgi; 07-21-2010 at 10:05 PM.

  3. #3
    What about blinding with 2 buttons?

    Target=arena1 blind
    target=arean2 blind

  4. #4
    Also they don't work :P

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    372
    the only thing i can think of is targeting each frame at the beginning of the match. and using a macro...

    /target=lasttarget

    Doc

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    474
    Alright check this out.

    The problem is you can also use conditionals to target a unit. For example the following three macros are essentially the same macro:
    /target arena1
    /target [target=arena1]
    /target [@arena1]

    Therefore, you can have a conditional with one UnitID, and then in the argument have another UnitID. So obviously causes somewhat of a problem. BUT, fear not for I have solution.
    Code:
    /focus [mod:shift] arena1
    /target [mod:shift] arena2
    /cleartarget [@target, dead]
    /clearfocus [@focus, dead]
    /target focus
    /cleartarget [@focus, noexists]
    /targetlasttarget
    /focus target
    /targetlasttarget
    Basically I combined the good ol' focus <-> target switch macro together with a simple macro. So to operate it, simple hold down shift and press the macro once. Once the focus and the target are setup, you can continue to press the macro to switch back and forth between the two targets.

    And just in case it wasn't obvious, this macro basically breaks if you use your focus for something else.
    Last edited by Helgi; 07-22-2010 at 12:55 PM.

  7. #7
    doesnt work

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    474
    I got nothing then, works perfectly for me:

    http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~bmw69/targetswitchmacro.mp4

    Must be something weird with arena unitIDs.

    Maybe they are like NPCs for some reason, try this:
    Code:
    /target [mod:shift] arena1
    /focus [mod:shift] target
    /target [mod:shift] arena2
    /cleartarget [@target, dead]
    /clearfocus [@focus, dead]
    /target focus
    /cleartarget [@focus, noexists]
    /targetlasttarget
    /focus target
    /targetlasttarget

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgi View Post
    I got nothing then, works perfectly for me:

    http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~bmw69/targetswitchmacro.mp4

    Must be something weird with arena unitIDs.

    Maybe they are like NPCs for some reason, try this:
    Code:
    /target [mod:shift] arena1
    /focus [mod:shift] target
    /target [mod:shift] arena2
    /cleartarget [@target, dead]
    /clearfocus [@focus, dead]
    /target focus
    /cleartarget [@focus, noexists]
    /targetlasttarget
    /focus target
    /targetlasttarget
    yeah nice man that works
    can't use for 3v3 though :P

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,067
    /focus [mod:shift,@arena1][] %f
    /target [nomod,@arena1][] %t

    macro will change focus to arena1 if you hold shift and just change your target if you just hit the button. make one for each arena target.

    /focus [mod:shift,@arena2][] %f
    /target [nomod,@arena2][] %t

    /focus [mod:shift,@arena3][] %f
    /target [nomod,@arena3][] %t

    i use f1, f2, and f3
    Last edited by Destruyen; 07-22-2010 at 08:48 PM.
    -Jimmy

    |Ex Tank|

    TWITCH.TV STREAM


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    /focus [mod:shift,@arena1][] %f
    /target [nomod,@arena1][] %t

    macro will change focus to arena1 if you hold shift and just change your target if you just hit the button. make one for each arena target.

    /focus [mod:shift,@arena2][] %f
    /target [nomod,@arena2][] %t

    /focus [mod:shift,@arena3][] %f
    /target [nomod,@arena3][] %t

    i use f1, f2, and f3
    Good but you still have to use multiple macros that way. Also, the %f's & %t's in those macros do nothing, you can remove them. Also not sure why you have empty conditionals, as I'm fairly sure they do nothing as well.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgi View Post
    Good but you still have to use multiple macros that way. Also, the %f's & %t's in those macros do nothing, you can remove them. Also not sure why you have empty conditionals, as I'm fairly sure they do nothing as well.
    i got them awhile ago and they worked so i never messed with it. kinda like the saying goes, if it's not broke don't fix it.
    -Jimmy

    |Ex Tank|

    TWITCH.TV STREAM


+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts