+ Reply to Thread

Thread: blood tank question

blood tank question

on a few heroics ive been haveing some threat issues with my spec but when i raid as the ot i seem to be doing fine but haveing threat issues on 5 mans worrys me some below is my armory with rotation

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ar&cn=Ryuzakii

my rotation IT - PS - HS - BB -DS

its not updated i get my chest enchanted

any advice would be helpfull

well I can't help you directly seeing as how much i would like to have experience in the matter I don't. But there is a person here who has written a very comprehensive guide on Death Knight tanking, I have followed it so far, and so far so good . Check it out Satorri's Death Knight tanking

Hmm...as far your roation goes:

single target : IT-PS-HS-HS-DS-HS-HS-HS-HS-runic dump (Death coil)

AoE: IT-PT-Pest-BB-DS-DS-BB-(Runic Dump)

you should be using a rotation like that for blood tanking.For Aoe pulls theres no point using Heart Strike,Death Strike when blood boil is on cooldown as you gain some health from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralekk View Post
    For Aoe pulls theres no point using Heart Strike,Death Strike when blood boil is on cooldown as you gain some health from it.
    Why is there "no point" in using Heart Strike for aoe? You do realize that heart strike has a cleave effect right? It's hit your target + another nearby target. If you're having to use Death Strike on trash pulls to keep your health up, i'd look into getting some new healers to run with you.

To the OP, blood aoe is pretty crappy compared to it's frost counterpart, so it takes a little more practice. You'll want to use DnD as often as possible (I'd recommend 3/3 Morbidity). Always drop DnD first if there's 3+ mobs at a time. What I usually do after that is IT one, then pestilence, then BB and then your runes will be on cd (if you use plague strike to pestilence both diseases, you wont be able to get a BB off before your runes all go on cd so you'll lose a little bit of snap threat). Using bloodtap when it's off cd also helps because you can pop off a few BB after you spread your diseases around. There's different ways of doing it but this has always worked best for me. I'll also sometimes, depending on how many death runes I have up, will just drop a DnD and then tab through and hit each mob with an IT for a nice lead off the start, but that depends on A. how many mobs you have to deal with and B. how many death runes you have proc'd and waiting.

Best way to do it is just mess around a bit and find out what variation of what I said above works best for you, practice makes perfect =D

i apologise you're right,I was just being silly,dunno what I was thinking :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
    Why is there "no point" in using Heart Strike for aoe? You do realize that heart strike has a cleave effect right? It's hit your target + another nearby target. If you're having to use Death Strike on trash pulls to keep your health up, i'd look into getting some new healers to run with you.

To the OP, blood aoe is pretty crappy compared to it's frost counterpart, so it takes a little more practice. You'll want to use DnD as often as possible (I'd recommend 3/3 Morbidity). Always drop DnD first if there's 3+ mobs at a time. What I usually do after that is IT one, then pestilence, then BB and then your runes will be on cd (if you use plague strike to pestilence both diseases, you wont be able to get a BB off before your runes all go on cd so you'll lose a little bit of snap threat). Using bloodtap when it's off cd also helps because you can pop off a few BB after you spread your diseases around. There's different ways of doing it but this has always worked best for me. I'll also sometimes, depending on how many death runes I have up, will just drop a DnD and then tab through and hit each mob with an IT for a nice lead off the start, but that depends on A. how many mobs you have to deal with and B. how many death runes you have proc'd and waiting.

Best way to do it is just mess around a bit and find out what variation of what I said above works best for you, practice makes perfect =D
    This is mostly correct. The only problem is the advice to pestilence before PS. There is no point in not putting out both diseases. PS uses an Unholy Rune. BB and Pestilence use Blood Runes. For AOE pulls, you should DND-IT-PS-Pest. If Blood Tap is off cooldown, use BT-BB after diseases are spread. As BB does more damage with each disease up, you should get both of them up. Until there are 2 mobs or less, use BB for each Blood and Death Rune. Use DS for FU runes.

OP: The key to blood AoE threat is DnD. It does bonus threat and has Morbidity and a glyph to make it stronger. Use it on every cooldown. Having 3/3 Morbidity is a huge benefit in heroics. If your DnD is on cooldown, wait for it before making the next AoE pull.

+ Reply to Thread