+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Herkuml War Token - any tanking value at all?

Herkuml War Token - any tanking value at all?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50355

I've had zero luck on any offset dps trinket drops - sure I have grim troll and mirror of truth but in looking for something to spend badges on I'm wondering if the herkuml war token has any value for a warrior tank doing his daily heroics.
    Haste can't hurt my weapon speed, AP isn't a bad stat and hell my e-penis grows with that 264 trinket on GS!

Thoughts?

It's stacks fall off very quicky and it takes a while to stack fully, which pretty much means you rarely get the full benefit of it in a heroic.

I use this and mjoljnir runestone for heroics and OT'ing Heroic BQL since my armor doesn't matter on that fight. You do have to chain pull to keep it up in a heroic, but I do that anyways.

No, I would not advise it since the most beneficial stat to get the stacks up for it is haste, something tanks do not have. It's a good trinket for Enhance Shaman's, Ret Pallies and Hunters because their gear has haste on it, but not tanking stuff. It's a great trinket but not being able to build the stacks fast enough could be a hindrance over having survivability trinkets, especially the 25 man Sindragosa trinket and the Corroded Skeleton Key giving you more value in terms of surviving damage over DPS trinkets.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

I believe that using a full survival set in heroics will actually let you finish the dungeon much faster than having a small dps boost from the tank, being able to pull 3+ separate packs is a lot better than adding 500 dps to the tank or being able to pull a full hallway in CoT and UP.

+ Reply to Thread