+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wartank seeking new chest!

Wartank seeking new chest!

So I've been reading forums on which is better, the Cataclysmic Chestguard (264), t10, or the ICC drops, and I'm still not convinced on what I should get. Each has it's pros and cons, depending on the class.

I've read Agg's thread (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-bonuses-worth), but yeah. Help a girl out!!

Oh, and here's my armory link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ne&cn=Rystrave

Cataclysmic has more EH than T10.5 chest.
    But if you want the T10 4pc bonus and maximize EH, grab the T10 head, shoulders, chest and gloves, with offset BS crafted leggs.

For Warriors and Pallies (Not sure about DKs because apparently green armor isn't affected by their talents?)

Cata > T10.251 and T10.264. T10.277 (heroic marks) > Cata

Same for Kraken Gauntlets.

Pants should be Pillars of Might or Heroic Leggings of Lost Hope (as the goal for end game content).

The tier helm is a lateral item in terms of EH to any other drop (e.g. the T10.251 helm is as good as any 251 helm drop, same for 264 and 277) iirc.

The tier shoulder is *slightly* behind drops. However the difference between the Tier shoulders and the same item level drops is far less than between the tier pants and Pillars of might. So if you go for the 4pc, you go with Pillars for legs and tier for shoulders for the highest EH.

Typically you'll be running with your 2pc bonus being your head and shoulders. Then when you get the T10.264 chest/hands you'll swap both (not 1, but both at 264) in for high magic damage fights for the extra huge absorb of bursty damage, but run with Cata/Kraken most of the time.

Then when you hit 277 chest/hands you'll run 4pc T10 chest/hand/helm/shoulders.

Your marks and heroic marks should go to the chest/hands first, as they aren't valuable at all (compared to Cata/Kraken) at 251, situationally and 264, and then BiS at 277. Even the 251 helm/shoulders aren't all that far behind higher ilvl drops and the threat boost is useful.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

^^^^^ x100
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Other suggestions:

Bladeward is not as useful as blood draining. A smart heal when you need it is better than RNG parry when you don't.

Never use the all stats gem. Replace it with a +51 sta gem because you'll throw a +dodge/+Sta gem in your helm to activate your meta and hit the +12 stamina socket bonus (so you trade 3 sta for 10 dodge, the best trade off by far to activate your meta).

Clutch of Fortification is better than Abom's ring for most fights (less useful for high-magic damage fights)

Glyph of Idom >>>>> Purified Onyxia Blood. You don't need the defense (you're way over def minimum) and Parry has the worst returns of any avoidance from dimishing returns.

Shield --- Do you use SB as a threat tool (macro'd to SS?) or as a CD. If you use it as a CD, then put +18 sta on your shield, you'll get more out of that. If you run low on Def, then put the +def on your shield.

Shoulder Enchant - should be the 10k honor PvP enchant, +Sta/+Res. The only one with +Sta and the +Res will drop your def minimum to 536.

Hands - Enchant with +Sta. If your threat is an issue there are better ways of improving it. 2% won't turn the tide.

Gun - Throw the +40 crit scope on there, it will improve TC's crit chance.

Chest - +275 HP > +10 all stats even with the ICC buff:
    275 * 1.25 = 344 HP. 10 sta * 1.09 (vitality) * 1.1 (Kings) = 11.99 sta = 120 HP * 1.25 = 150 HP. That seems low for 10 stats, maybe I'm forgetting something, but it's still less than 275 HP.

Glyph of Cleave < Last Stand/SHield Wall and Taunt for certain fights. I'd look to replace it.

I'd also replace blocking with another one from the trio-above. If threat is an issue, you might try switching to a deep-wounds build or is this a LK spec?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Does resilience still work for npc damage? I thought they changed that... maybe it's a cata thing tho.

Otherwise I agree with the Logan 100%

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Resil will still make you crit immune, it stacks with standard DEF and works against NPC's.

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    275 * 1.25 = 344 HP. 10 sta * 1.09 (vitality) * 1.1 (Kings) = 11.99 sta = 120 HP * 1.25 = 150 HP. That seems low for 10 stats, maybe I'm forgetting something, but it's still less than 275 HP.
    The ICC buff is 30% more hit points, not just 30% more stamina, so 275 HP is affected by it too.

The missing HP is actually EHP from 10 agi *1.1 for kings = 1 stam worth of EHP or an extra 11ish EHP so with the icc buff it's about 163ish or something EHP. Without it's 147 EHP I think...
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    The ICC buff is 30% more hit points, not just 30% more stamina, so 275 HP is affected by it too.

The missing HP is actually EHP from 10 agi *1.1 for kings = 1 stam worth of EHP or an extra 11ish EHP so with the icc buff it's about 163ish or something EHP. Without it's 147 EHP I think...
    The buff is 30% today? I was using 25% to modify the 275 * 1.25 for 344hp from 275 HP. Anyway though, the EH is slanted far and away toward 275 HP over 10 stats.

I was thinking there was one more stats multipler, but I guess not. Too many things going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Other suggestions:

Bladeward is not as useful as blood draining. A smart heal when you need it is better than RNG parry when you don't.

Never use the all stats gem. Replace it with a +51 sta gem because you'll throw a +dodge/+Sta gem in your helm to activate your meta and hit the +12 stamina socket bonus (so you trade 3 sta for 10 dodge, the best trade off by far to activate your meta).

Clutch of Fortification is better than Abom's ring for most fights (less useful for high-magic damage fights)

Glyph of Idom >>>>> Purified Onyxia Blood. You don't need the defense (you're way over def minimum) and Parry has the worst returns of any avoidance from dimishing returns.

Shield --- Do you use SB as a threat tool (macro'd to SS?) or as a CD. If you use it as a CD, then put +18 sta on your shield, you'll get more out of that. If you run low on Def, then put the +def on your shield.

Shoulder Enchant - should be the 10k honor PvP enchant, +Sta/+Res. The only one with +Sta and the +Res will drop your def minimum to 536.

Hands - Enchant with +Sta. If your threat is an issue there are better ways of improving it. 2% won't turn the tide.

Gun - Throw the +40 crit scope on there, it will improve TC's crit chance.

Glyph of Cleave < Last Stand/SHield Wall and Taunt for certain fights. I'd look to replace it.

I'd also replace blocking with another one from the trio-above. If threat is an issue, you might try switching to a deep-wounds build or is this a LK spec?

Thanks much, Logan. This helped a great deal.

+ Reply to Thread