Thread: Healing setup for dreamwalker Hard Mode

Healing setup for dreamwalker Hard Mode

we have Shammy, Pally and druid heals in our raid.

What is the best for in and out of portals and reason for why, appreciate it ty!

there is an argument within the guild that it may be better to have the pally on the outside and the shammy and druid doing portals.

The other setup is druid on the outside and pally with sham in portals.

Please let me know you thoughts
    Last edited by némésisdread; 09-21-2010 at 01:32 AM.

Shaman and Paladin in the Portals. Assuming you stand close to the dragon this allows several things to happen:

• The Shaman will proc Ancestral Awakening. People must be within range to get the healing. As a shaman I've seen this proc for 40-50k with enough stacks.
    • Because you are semi near the dragon, the Shaman could use the Dragon as the primary target for Chain Heal and assist the druid in raid healing that way if it came down to it.
    • The paladin can Beacon the Dragon and assist healing the raid.
    • Between the Two, you can run Fire, Frost and Nature Resist Auras to cut down on the healing the Druid needs to do. This also protects the dragon.
    • You can also Earth Shield the Dragon allowing some passive healing to go on while you are in the portals.
    • A Paladin would either Flash of Light or Holy Light spam (depending on what kind of holy paladin they are)
    • A Shaman Would use Riptide and 2 Healing Waves (Assuming 2 Piece Tier 10)
    I've done this as a Resto Shaman and have gotten upwards of 24stacks allowing me to do 25kHPS at the end of the fight. Each of my Healing Waves was something like 104,000.

Healing setup for dreamwalker Hard Mode

Well I'd sayas a general rule pallys and shamans inside Druid outside.. Cause of how the buff stacks with there single target healing. I have seen Druids that can do well to but really depends on the player.

Here's a vid of me on my shamman in portals heroic farm run unflasked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMy8s--A6L0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Crusader aura works inside portals, so paladin inside too, in addition to above listed reasons.

Because of the way that the glyph of holy light and ancestral awekening interact with the +30% ICC buff and the stacks from the dream state, holy pallies and resto druids are the best classes to heal DW. Resto druids can, though odd specs and glyphs, as can holy priests, but their output is severly lacking compared to what a pally or shammy can do.

Leave the druid outside, send in the shammy and pally.

Because of the way that the glyph of holy light and ancestral awekening interact with the +30% ICC buff holy pallies and resto druids are the best classes to heal DW. Leave the druid outside, send in the shammy and pally.
    /agree
    Breaking Out Fat Bright Crayons for the raid challenged since 2005!
    Blood & Glory
    Currently recruiting CORE RAIDERS & Casual members, apply here!

It should be mentioned that, if the shaman and/or paladin struggle with maintaining their stacks (in comparison to the druid), you might be better off having the "non-optimal" class do the portals nevertheless.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

This is fight is dependent on whatever healers you have keeping their stacks up- which is properly managing the first cloud pop on re-entry and popping a cloud on exit. It should also be noted that w/e healer(s) are in the portals need to watch their own health as well.
    Breaking Out Fat Bright Crayons for the raid challenged since 2005!
    Blood & Glory
    Currently recruiting CORE RAIDERS & Casual members, apply here!

thanks heaps for the feedback guys, lots of info

Quote Originally Posted by Fenier View Post
    Shaman and Paladin in the Portals. Assuming you stand close to the dragon this allows several things to happen:

• The Shaman will proc Ancestral Awakening. People must be within range to get the healing. As a shaman I've seen this proc for 40-50k with enough stacks.
    • Because you are semi near the dragon, the Shaman could use the Dragon as the primary target for Chain Heal and assist the druid in raid healing that way if it came down to it.
    • The paladin can Beacon the Dragon and assist healing the raid.
    • Between the Two, you can run Fire, Frost and Nature Resist Auras to cut down on the healing the Druid needs to do. This also protects the dragon.
    • You can also Earth Shield the Dragon allowing some passive healing to go on while you are in the portals.
    • A Paladin would either Flash of Light or Holy Light spam (depending on what kind of holy paladin they are)
    • A Shaman Would use Riptide and 2 Healing Waves (Assuming 2 Piece Tier 10)
    I've done this as a Resto Shaman and have gotten upwards of 24stacks allowing me to do 25kHPS at the end of the fight. Each of my Healing Waves was something like 104,000.
    ES will not help the dragon because VDW shouldn't be getting hurt very much (on second thought: I have not done hardmode, so if she does in HM you can totes ignore that part. But, if your problem is the rest of your raid dying, my advice still holds). If you put it on your tank or on your outside healer it will help massively, esp as the shaman's stacks get higher. I've personally find that I like to put it on our outside healer so it reduces any healing pushback if stuff is beating on them, and gives them a few extra seconds to react and heal themselves (realistically, the tank is going to survive those 5 seconds a lot easier, the druid may not)

But definitely paladin & shaman are going in the portals. I've never actually done VDW with a holy paladin, but as a shaman I can put out some epically beastly heals and outheal our druid when we go into the portal (our third is a priest, who stays out)

Earth Shield will trigger on any Frostbolts from the Mages, or the Fire Waves from the Skellies which happen to go off.

It can help on the tank or healer I agree, but we have never had issues with that once we got the encounter down.