+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Anything to Critique?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26

    Anything to Critique?

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Bufflowbill

    Apart from CTC, which I feel is better in the case of having a large amount of health, is there anything I should change about my gear setup?

    I posted a while back asking, and I received some tips on gemming differently, and getting some different gear. I've since upgraded to the Cataclystic Chest Guard and Nerverending Winter. Versus Ghoul Commanding Cuirass, and Forlorn Barrier and I feel that my setup is pretty concrete at this point. Apart from that damn Bonebreaker Scepter thing not dropping for me... I feel that I could stand to start using my frost emblems for a DPS set.

    Would you concur?
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 07-20-2010 at 10:51 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,310
    You should probably repost this in the HALP! Forum.

    Glyph of indom is WAY better than CTC.

    Get rid of that hit/expertise gem in your helm. If you still want the expertise half then go with a +10exp/+15 stam gem.

    Blood draining > Bladeward

    Tuskarr's Vitality > 22 stam to boots

    18 stam or 240 armor to gloves > armsman

    Either put on clutch of fortitude instead of harbinger's or if you insist on using it at least put a 30 stam gem in there instead of a +20 hit gem.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,378
    Moved to HALP!

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,043
    You shouldn't need Armsman on your gloves, go with Stamina. If you're having threat issues it has more to do with Rimefang, take even a fast DPS 251 wep instead of rimesfang. It actually will probably have more EH on it anyway and you're over the def minimum, so you're safe there.

    You shouldn't need any expertise at all, Dodge/Sta would be better for the helm. With geared players I can see where threat would be an issue, but that gem isn't going to do all that much.

    Keep glyphs of taunt in your bags for taunt fights (LDW, Saurfang, etc) or be really quick with MB and even challenge shout. Shockwave should get swapped. I'd suggest swapping blocking for Shield Wall and shockwave for taunt.

    Put the +40 crit scope on your gun (works for TC)
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    You should probably repost this in the HALP! Forum.

    Glyph of indom is WAY better than CTC.

    Get rid of that hit/expertise gem in your helm. If you still want the expertise half then go with a +10exp/+15 stam gem.

    Blood draining > Bladeward

    Tuskarr's Vitality > 22 stam to boots

    18 stam or 240 armor to gloves > armsman

    Either put on clutch of fortitude instead of harbinger's or if you insist on using it at least put a 30 stam gem in there instead of a +20 hit gem.
    First off, I prefer CTC.. As I stated in sentence one. And the hit/expertise gem is there due to my meta socket requiring at least one red gem. Which gives me an extra 32 stamina versus and extra 30.

    And it's the same story with bladeward, as it is with CTC... I prefer to stack avoidance over mitigation.

    But as for the boots, why would I need the minor run speed increase Tuskaar's offers? In ICC I rarely have to move in a fight. Apart from DW, a little bit in Marrow, and in PP. I find that my normal speed is satisfactory, and I dont really need to get anywhere that much faster. Not to mention my charge ability is more likely to get me there quicker. Like in the marrow and DW fight for example.

    Armsmen was chosen due to the fact that I wasnt hit or expertise capped, so i figured every bit of threat helps at that point. Which is also why I kept the 20 hit on Harbingers Bone Band. Im just a little below hit which is still a little dangerous in taunt intensive fight like Saurfang and Festergut.

    PS: the reason why I'm defending the set up so heavily is because I dont want to spend the gold to change things only to come to the realization that I was a lot better off before. I'd like to be enlightened.. if you will.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft. Hood
    Posts
    15
    You come here asking for a critique, and when you get it, you disregard it. Why? It's been stated and proven that CTC is a bad trinket for ICC. You have UO, use it. ICC is an EH raid. With CttT, a avoidance is no longer viable. Stam and armor is what you Gould be stacking. As for threat, that come from being talented properly and keeping a good tight rotation, not from hit or expertise. Use MD, Tricks of the Trade, and vigilance. To reach your meta socket use a the purple hybrid agi/stam. With CttT, my advice is agi/stam forthe bit of extra armor. Get the armor kit for hands, because again, don't need parry or extra threat. Get the tuskars for feet cause it increases time on target such translates to increased threat. Drop bladeward because, yet again, avoidance is hit hard by CttT. Use either blood draining or mongoose. Also, farm Ony25 fir the tank ring that drops with armor or ToC25 (??) for the band of twin calls with armor. Use ICC rep ring with either one of those two. Till you get one of the other rings, use rep ring with the T9 badge ring with armor. If you can get to it, the tank ring with armor that drops from ICC25 (dreamwalker drops it I believe).

    These things have been said and proven time and time again by top theroycrafters. If what you have is what you prefer, that's fine, but know it is not optimal and you are gimping yourself. With dailies, gold really is no problem, unless your time in game is that lacking.

    P.S. Also, be sure you are using the correct food buff. Fish Feast isnt that ideal. Use the Ones that give expertise, hit, or stretch with stam.
    Last edited by Infantry_11b; 07-26-2010 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Replying from iPhone. Corrected caught errors

  7. #7
    Taunt's are based off the spell hit cap not melee so you need 17%. You are currently just under 10% spell hit which is way too much especially with gemming for it. Use the glyph where taunting is needed it's 8%, throw in the 3% hit buff and you need 6% spell hit which iirc is like 140 something(I get to count on heroic pres. so I don't know the exact number). I usually run with 138 hit for most fights and unless we end up with both our rogues out threat is not an issue and taunts do not miss. This is an 11/12 HM guild with many dps posting top parses, as for rimefang's get running ToC 10 for Crusader's Glory, it is a lie on heroic but I have seen it numerous times on reg.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,310
    ^ What infantry said.

    You can hit the meta with a 15stam/10expertise gem which gives you another 15 stam and still hit the meta.

    The ring that infantry is talking about is bad of the twin valk'yrs and it drops off of twin valks in ToGC10 man. Well it drops in ToC10 too but the 232 version is not nearly as good due to both reduced levels and no socket.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Infantry_11b View Post
    the tank ring that drops with armor or ToC25 (??)
    You are thinking of Band of the valkyrs from togc10

    It almost looks to me as if the OP is a troll.. asking for advice and then completely shooting it down for uninformed claims.

    Armsman enchant gives 2% threat, thats literally nothing. it wont save your dps from pulling, it wont change weither another tank can pull off you or not,, 2% threat is very minimal and if you feel its enough to make a difference. odds are theres something wrong with your rotation.

    In other threads on this site, Bladeward has been proven to be a useless enchant, any other relevant one would be better, if you want a proc chant for slight threat and avoidance boost get mongoose.

    Paladins are the only tank that shouldnt need to use tuskarrs, extra runspeed helps you move out of dangerous things, lets you position mobs faster, and gives slightly more uptime on mobs.

    CTC is not good for raiding current content, wanna do 5mans or naxx? then sure. subbing armor / health for a tiny piece of diminished avoidance will just stress healers when you get unlucky and dont avoid a string of attacks, (and i promise you this happens often) and your hp goes from full to you getting gibbed.

    You are better off spending your gold on fixing this, theres no way youd be preforming any worse than before, You have the stats to tank any content in the game, these fixes will do nothing but make things easier

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the cloud.
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Lepka View Post
    First off, I prefer CTC.. As I stated in sentence one. And the hit/expertise gem is there due to my meta socket requiring at least one red gem. Which gives me an extra 32 stamina versus and extra 30.

    And it's the same story with bladeward, as it is with CTC... I prefer to stack avoidance over mitigation.

    But as for the boots, why would I need the minor run speed increase Tuskaar's offers? In ICC I rarely have to move in a fight. Apart from DW, a little bit in Marrow, and in PP. I find that my normal speed is satisfactory, and I dont really need to get anywhere that much faster. Not to mention my charge ability is more likely to get me there quicker. Like in the marrow and DW fight for example.

    Armsmen was chosen due to the fact that I wasnt hit or expertise capped, so i figured every bit of threat helps at that point. Which is also why I kept the 20 hit on Harbingers Bone Band. Im just a little below hit which is still a little dangerous in taunt intensive fight like Saurfang and Festergut.

    PS: the reason why I'm defending the set up so heavily is because I dont want to spend the gold to change things only to come to the realization that I was a lot better off before. I'd like to be enlightened.. if you will.

    The OP just wants to go with what he likes, or thinks he likes, rather than what works. Just let him get steamrolled and maybe he'll come crawling back....who knows? Who cares? Bottom line, OP, is the advice Agg gave you is the best you'll get anywhere. Glyph is better than CTC, Bladeward is garbage, etc. Take it or don't, but if you're going to argue at least have something to back it up other than you prefer it. No reason to keep arguing because you are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts