+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Weekly Marmot -- Talents (Part 2) & Blizzard Twitter Chat

The Weekly Marmot -- Talents (Part 2) & Blizzard Twitter Chat

I would really love to see how the new holy power works... however I didn't get a beta invite, so I'll have to rely on you to show me!

One thing I would like to test if I could would be Templar's Verdict vs. Inquisition for ret paladins. Would Inquisition be a bigger damage boost for ret over the duration of the buff than the Templar's Verdict instant strike? If that would be the case, then that would open up another choice between having a button to press for burst damage and having one just for extra damage that you know you can use because you're on the same target for some time.

I can already see the choice prot would make, being more survivability via holy shield being extended, or more threat through inquisition. This I love... as I just love choices. Holy on the other hand just has one choice for healing... Word of Glory. I'm wondering if they could give holy a choice, maybe a mana regen skill that uses holy power. That way they could choose between throughput or regen. Not sure that would work, as Word of Glory is already 0 mana cost... but that's just my mind running.

Also... I hear Peter Jackson is looking for some actors for the upcoming Hobbit movie. Maybe you have a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Pers3us View Post
    Also... I hear Peter Jackson is looking for some actors for the upcoming Hobbit movie. Maybe you have a shot?
    Hahahahahahaha. Sorry if I missed this, but how will this holy power thing work for Protection Paladins?

OOOOOOOOOOMG holy power gief!
    thanks for the twitter talk blizzard chat twitter chat thing!
    #2 Soul brother

oh , and LOOOOOOL on the pic
    #2 Soul brother

You can't <screw> Middle Earth anymore, Lore. Pretending to be Middle Earth was the only good thing New Zealand ever did...
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 07-20-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pers3us View Post
    I would really love to see how the new holy power works... however I didn't get a beta invite, so I'll have to rely on you to show me!

One thing I would like to test if I could would be Templar's Verdict vs. Inquisition for ret paladins. Would Inquisition be a bigger damage boost for ret over the duration of the buff than the Templar's Verdict instant strike?
    I am guessing this question right here will separate good ret pallies from bad. Say I am in pvp and am trying to finish off an opponent. I have 3 stacks. So I pop wings > Templar's Verdict > Crusader Strike > Inquisition > Exorcism > Hammer of Wrath

The interesting thing to see is if Inquisition is like say slice and dice for rogues where you get the same dps buff from 1 combo point just as you do from 5 combo points only the length of the duration is different. That is my guess at the moment. I mean it wouldn't make sense to make Templar's Verdict so much better you never use Inquisition (unless it is only meant for holy and prot).

lore with hair = frodo
    lore without = golum ???

Doc

Something that the paladin class desperately to make us think about what buttons we are pressing.
    ... says the person who is using clcret. Oh wait, I use it too

I too am extremely excited about this Holy thing. I've never really had a problem with Prot and Ret specs in WotLK, although I will say it got boring over time, but that seems to be true with any class that requires some sort of rotation/priority list. Holy spec, on the other hand, is EXTREMELY boring. In my opinion, it is by far the most boring healing class in the game at the moment, so maybe this Holy Power stuff will make me want to actually heal without instantly feeling like I am going to fall asleep.

Oh NO .. Can it really be!!

Well seems paladins may actually require some skill in cataclysm. Which is a step in the right direction!

Nice, so there will actually be a point of making a retri paladin over an arms warrior. For a picture comparison, look at his first few marmots, then he really DOES look like frodo :P.
    Arms DPS main spec // Prot warrior tank off-spec

Quote Originally Posted by Scottpoet View Post
    The interesting thing to see is if Inquisition is like say slice and dice for rogues where you get the same dps buff from 1 combo point just as you do from 5 combo points only the length of the duration is different. That is my guess at the moment. I mean it wouldn't make sense to make Templar's Verdict so much better you never use Inquisition (unless it is only meant for holy and prot).
    I would actually not like Inquisition to be like slice and dice. That would just be too much maintenance for ret paladin dps, but would work in the sense of "having a ret paladin able to actually mess up." I think the choice between Inquisition and Templar's Verdict would be enough, but we have no idea how long or how powerful Inquisition is yet, so we'll have to see.

Lore's hair makes my head sweat. he should trim it down in the summer. TRIM THAT BUSH MAN

Rogues

The rogue talent tree is odd, possibly awesome idk. Looks like more dps from abilities.

Subtlety rogues could be a Arms warrior's best friend if the Hemorrage buff is communitive (+30% damage from bleeding effects). Plus the +5% crit to raid buff they bring. But their own dps can't be on lvl with the 2 other trees.

Combat seems almost unchanged. Looks even more ideal for leveling than prior.

Assassination... well atleast 3 debuffs to keep up at all times 4 with expose armor which became a very good talent to spec if your raid doesn't have a warrior. Lots of energy regeneration talents, and Backstab looks to be the go to button when target hits 35% hp.

what scares me most is the amount of damge ret paladins will be able to do remember how buffed ret paladins got when WOTLK came out with these 2 new buffs and holly power to charge am ret plaladins will be capable of incredible burst of damage great for raiding but bad news for a clothys such as my self i can picture it now paladins tearing my ass up allready i can bairly stand a paladins onslaught how will last 3 new buffs

+ Reply to Thread