+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Piercing Howl

Piercing Howl

I was looking at Landsoul's fury spec and noticed that he had specced in to Piercing Howl. That got me thinking, since Heroic Strike does increased damage against dazed opponents, would it be worth it to spec in to Piercing Howl and keep it up all the time, to increase the dmg of heroic strike?

Sadly, most mobs you want to worry about aren't dazable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

piercing howl is an amazing utility for a lot of fights in ICC, which is why you see a lot of top end warriors picking it up these days. Also as far as I am aware back when the daze damage bonus was added to HS testing showed that piercing howl didn't count as an actual "daze" so it didn't cause HS to get the bonus damage.
    Last edited by Thegreatme; 07-19-2010 at 05:37 PM.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

can just tell the prot warriors to shiled bash on cd :P (its of gcd, so they cant complain), that does creat an actual daze, with added benefit of increasing said prot warrior threat.

Most stuff wil be immune to daze though. Really good Arena prot warriors make good use out of this mechanic though (shield bash melle targets, so they daze then spam HS , devastate).

As far as PH is concerned, i think we need someone to go ingame RIGHT NOW (:P) and check if it does increase Hs damage or not(i cant play wow right now, so cant be me :S). I think im almost sure it wont though as...

.. My genral knowledge of wow mechanics tells me, theres very little chance of Piercing Howl increasing Hs damage, as its more of a hamstring effect rather than daze. Blows from behind and shield bash seem to be the only way for a warrior to create an actual daze effect (not inc other classes abilities).

IMO people take PH in icc for its utility only , not for damage increase.
    Last edited by Krays; 07-22-2010 at 06:09 AM.

I used it for LK 10man and 25man valks for awhile but with the ICC buff being so insane now I have speced out it.

Oh my, not really a daze? Feels like my life is a lie ._. Anyway, thanks for all the information!

i assume it'd work on saurfang's beasts?

pop one off right when they start moving, a little slow off the bat before they hit traps/etc...

the big uses for PH is for kiting misc mobs on LDW, blood beasts on deathbringer, suppressors on dreamwalker, and valkyrs on LK.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Does daze have diminishing returns as stuns do?
    Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.
    Miyamoto Musashi

not as far as I know...

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

25man HM LK, piercing howl for valks is super nice.

Would u say Piercing Howl is the best option for slows? Are there others? I know a Hunters trap is limited and can be problematic.

Specifically for the Valks, blizz gave PH a DR, i prefer to hamstring.

I don't believe there is a DR on PH. DK Desecration (whatever it is) was too unreliable. We have 3 fury warriors, all specced into Piercing Howl. Just spam it and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I don't believe there is a DR on PH. DK Desecration (whatever it is) was too unreliable. We have 3 fury warriors, all specced into Piercing Howl. Just spam it and you're good to go.
    We have 3 fury warriors as well, and I have personally seen Immune pop up when i hit PH on LK

Its nice to have, but gotta time it like all DRs.
    Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.
    Miyamoto Musashi

+ Reply to Thread