+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a little help.

Looking for a little help.

So I have had this char for a while now, and have gathered as much high-end gear as possible (given my raid schedule is so erratic) and was wondering what is the problem with my dps? I will go into, lets say, ICC10 and get mopped up on dps by warriors/ DK's etc. my current rotation is- (starting unstealthed)tricks, mut, SnD, mut, rupture, HFB, mutx2, env. (stealthed) garrote, HFB, tricks, mut, SnD, mutx2, env.

everything after that is just keeping HFB up and mut/env till its gg.

my armory ---> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...i&cn=Abolished

Any and all advice is much appreciated!

1. Your gear is good. DBW isnt fantastic for mut rogues but depending on your previous trinket i wont make assumptions. Gemming + spec are right

2. Your rotation is wrong. First off as a assassination rogue u ALWAYS want to be stealthed to gain the Overkill buff. Use tricks if you dont have 2 piece tier10 then open w/ mutilate. (If you have 2 piece tier 10 i prefer to mutilate first then tricks the tank as the tier10 2pc does nothing for you if youre already max energy). Anyways.. Open w/ mut (dont garrote, youre wasting energy, 9 times out of ten youll have another class that will put a bleed up fairly early into your rotation. If not use a 1 pt rupture to get ur HFB up) Next youll wanna pop SnD w/ any ammount of combo points. Then HfB. SnD has priority over HfB if both are about to drop off refresh SnD first. From here on youlll only be using 2 attacks. Mutilate + Envenom. As of right now rupture should not be in your rotation. It is a major DPS loss. Pop CD's early + often and always Envenom when you have 4+ combo points.

In short:

1. Stealth / Tricks
    2. Mutilate
    3. SnD
    4. HfB
    5. Mutilate
    6. Envenom
    Then just keep doing mutilate to 4/5 combo points and then envenom. Only use cold blood when you have 4+ combo points to boost your envenom. Of course its better to use w/ 5 combo points but we cant always get whaT we want. Keep SnD up with your envenom's and re-apply HfB when its almost run its full duration.

Hope i could help

Thanks a lot!
    I have been wondering about bleeds in raids for a while, but without proper advice i just couldnt justify not using garrote from stealth to get HfB up early in the fight.

but now that you mention it, i have noticed that other classes will put bleeds up even before i can get my rupture off.

A bit of more advanced play here:

Energy pooling 101

When you envenom, you will notice a interesting buff apearing on you called...envenom.
    You want to hold off doing your next envenom finisher until that buff is at 1 second or less, PROVIDED your energy doesn't cap out in the process (normally it won't).

Congratulations, you have now learned about the mutilate spec's energy pooling.

Moved to HALP!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread