+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP with DK tanking and gearing

HELP with DK tanking and gearing

hello,
    i been playing for 5 years, and so far i've only been dps calsses, i zerged my dk from 55-80 in about 3 days "never left my computer..."

so i have a wierd spec and i know, also using dw tanking sense i cant seem to get a good tank two hander. was wondering where i should gear up, how i should gear up, gems enchants, wut stats should i mac out first, the way i tank i have absoulutely no problem with threat even with super dps... but i get hit like a damn truck! Spec and glyph selection would be a nice help also, maybe even a differnent roation cuz my spec is so wierd, btw i was wondering why the tanking sigil for triumph badges had a proc from rs ... i never use rs sense i has fs

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...jin&cn=Toxxiic

From what I can see, your armor is a bit low. I'd also recommend farming normal ToC for the Black Heart trinket. Definitely one of the best unless you can get Satrina's or get into ICC. In reg HoR there's a nice 2h called Mourning Malice, alongside the Tyrannical Beheader from HPoS if you want to go 2h Frost/Blood/Unholy.

Saronite Swordbreakers are relatively easy to get mats for, so I'd recommend picking them up. Otherwise, your best bet for gear is to farm randoms for Triumphs.

As to your spec, you NEED to get 5/5 anticipation. I'd drop both RP talents (SoB and CotG). They're nice, but together they're very much overkill. Here is a spec I just threw together for heroics. I put 3/3 morbidity because the reduced CD on DnD is extremely helpful in heroics.

As to your weapons... well, standard DW tank thing. Get slow ones if you're having threat problems or want some good tank DPS, otherwise put tanking weapons in and gimp threat and DPS.

Gem and enchant for as much Stam/Armor as possible. Avoidance is nice for heroics and a few older raids, but don't sacrifice more than a few Stam for some if you decide to enchant/gem for any at all.

Rune Strike. This is your bread and butter as a tank. Macro it to your main abilities, such as IT,PS,BS,FS.
    EX:
    /cast Icy Touch
    /cast !Rune Strike

Only use Frost Strike if you have 60 or more RP so that you always have enough for RS. The reason tanks use RS instead of DC or FS is that RS is a high threat move. I'm not sure if FS does more damage, but RS is what you should be using your RP on.

Otherwise, the reason you're getting hit so ahrd is because your gear is entry level tank. Get 4pc T9 and a few other badge pieces and you'll be chain pulling heroics in no time.
    It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

thank thank you , very knowledgable man and very helpful ill have to try all this out, this is an ideal answer to this post thank you very much! ^_^

anyone know any good glyphs to go with that spec he listed?

I would go with the glyphs of Obliterate, Rune Strike, and Howling Blast. The last one changes the standard pestilence rotation with DnD + HB + BB. It's what I use in both heroics and raiding, except I'm a 2H tank.

obliterate? i never use that either should i be?

obliterate should be used in an aoe since the strike itself has decent threat but mainly it can proc the all important http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59057

Here is a great guide on DK tanking: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...Knight-Tanking

When you are done with that. Here is a gear guide for begginer tanks: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...k-(Patch-3.3.3)

Good luck!

Every Frost DK should glyph for Oblit. It is pretty much the core ability for us.

+ Reply to Thread