+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4 pc t10 for 10 man?

4 pc t10 for 10 man?

I am currently doing ICC 10 man and have 200+ badges to spend. I was wondering if I should buy t10 or buy the offset pieces such as the gloves and chest instead?

Do you have a steady income of frost badges? I got the off set chest first and regret I bought the T10 gloves. these are(IMHO) better then even the upgraded T10 pieces. I assume you are a warrior? In which case the 2pc T10 bonus can be quite sweet(if you have trouble with threat).

For me it had to be crafted boots and leggins. Badge belt, cloak, chest, trinket (and gloves). Purchase in the order of biggest upgrade first. Which only leaves shoulders and helmet for T10. I would get the 4pc bonus after that since this is a LOT of badges. 4pc bonus can come in handy sometimes. The extra gem slots/better stats are useful all the time.
    Following this route also leaves room for chance drops off Toravon. IIRC he does drop gloves and trousers?

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

You would likely be better off getting the offset pieces if tanking.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

The general rule of the thumb is still only if you have 4pc sanctified is the 4pc set superior to giving up 2 of Cataclysmic Chest/Guantlets of the Kraken/Pillars of Might, correct? And even then it's not clear?

I have currently using the 264 version Broken Ram's Skull and Cataclysmic Chestguard. I also use the t10 gloves and shoulders. We are starting 25m hardmodes and I was wondering if the 264 version helm and chest would be worth changing to, to get my 4pc set bonus.

with the 25% buff. i got through 11/12 with only a few close moments, and i only have a 2-pc bonous(264 gloves and 251 legs both drops from VOA) with lady deathwisper 251 chest and 245 shoulder and helm(badge items). ill let ya know how the LK is with out it tomorrow night, were going to continue the lock out
    Last edited by joe1010011010; 07-12-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berrosa View Post
    I have currently using the 264 version Broken Ram's Skull and Cataclysmic Chestguard. I also use the t10 gloves and shoulders. We are starting 25m hardmodes and I was wondering if the 264 version helm and chest would be worth changing to, to get my 4pc set bonus.
    Since you have access to 25m hardmodes, you have (indeed very easy) access to bone commander pauldrons from loot ship. The heroic version is far superior than even the 277 set shoulders. So from the moment you obtain heroic bone commander pauldrons, use them over the set shoulders. then go for 4pc bonus only if you can get the 264 pieces (which you should in 25hm). Then set chest+helm+gloves+legs + bone commander pauldrons is better then cata + craken + legs.
    Threat is epic and binds on pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfist View Post
    Since you have access to 25m hardmodes, you have (indeed very easy) access to bone commander pauldrons from loot ship. The heroic version is far superior than even the 277 set shoulders. So from the moment you obtain heroic bone commander pauldrons, use them over the set shoulders. then go for 4pc bonus only if you can get the 264 pieces (which you should in 25hm). Then set chest+helm+gloves+legs + bone commander pauldrons is better then cata + craken + legs.

iirc if you are goign to use 4set the BiS is 4/5 + crafted pilalrs of might.

gotta lvoe the stupid EH on thsoe legs.

IM currently running a set up of 4/5 t10 and the pillars, 3/4 are 264 and my helm is 277 set.

i generalyl go with keeping 4set as the mini cooldown is really nice sometimes and stacking EH on the rest of my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfist View Post
    Even though they are higher EH than the tier shoulders, they still don't make the T10 legs a viable upgrade over the Pillars. You are still better off using 277 T10 shoulders over 277 Boneguard if you want the 4pc, hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

What class is the OP? I didn't see him mention it. I highly suggest you don't shoot for 4pcT10 right off the bat if you are a paladin, all the other tanks got good 4pcT10 bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    Do you have a steady income of frost badges? I got the off set chest first and regret I bought the T10 gloves. these are(IMHO) better then even the upgraded T10 pieces. I assume you are a warrior? In which case the 2pc T10 bonus can be quite sweet(if you have trouble with threat).

For me it had to be crafted boots and leggins. Badge belt, cloak, chest, trinket (and gloves). Purchase in the order of biggest upgrade first. Which only leaves shoulders and helmet for T10. I would get the 4pc bonus after that since this is a LOT of badges. 4pc bonus can come in handy sometimes. The extra gem slots/better stats are useful all the time.
    Following this route also leaves room for chance drops off Toravon. IIRC he does drop gloves and trousers?
    Aside from Tier Gloves and Pants, Torravon can also drop level 270 adn 264 pvp gear (gloves, pants, boots, belt, cloak, etc.). PvP gear is QUITE good for tanking depending on your setup and the items, as it has high ilvl armor (supersceded only by bonus armor on offtier and some tier items, depending on class), more stamina than most options, and a lot of strength, which is great for threat. At the cost of some itemization for resilience, you aren't spending the budget on things like dodge/parry/defense/Hit/Expertise, which in a way, isn't a bad way to go.

I am a warrior tank

An armory link would be great so we could see where you're currently at gear-wise

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    Aside from Tier Gloves and Pants, Torravon can also drop level 270 adn 264 pvp gear (gloves, pants, boots, belt, cloak, etc.). PvP gear is QUITE good for tanking depending on your setup and the items, as it has high ilvl armor (supersceded only by bonus armor on offtier and some tier items, depending on class), more stamina than most options, and a lot of strength, which is great for threat. At the cost of some itemization for resilience, you aren't spending the budget on things like dodge/parry/defense/Hit/Expertise, which in a way, isn't a bad way to go.
    If you need gear, but much of it is at best an EH push with even ICC10 drops (neck compares meh-y to Morrorgar's normal Scratching Choker for example). Cloaks are inferior to the Setinal's Winter Cloak.

There is some PvP gear that is really good for those reasons you list, but most of it is 1800+ 3v3 arena gear. There's a crafted/frosty/ICC 10 normal drop option that is greater than any Torvan PvP drop.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aul&cn=Berrosa

This is the only 80 warrior tank that exists on US or EU.

Also, is your guild not letting you in on the regular LK kills? I noticed you're doing heroics but don't have either normal 10 or 25 down. What's up? Additionally: your glove enchant is terrible. 240 armor or 18 stamina would be better.

If you are about to do 25M hardmodes then the 4pc as a warrior because very valuable imo. With how good the 277 chest/gloves are and the helm/shoulders are on par with the corresponding offset pieces it's best to get the 4pc at the 277 level.

So yes, pick up the 4pc with pillars of might.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I recently switched mains to my warrior after I killed LK on my other toon. We have started attempting him again on 25m though. Thanks for everyones help. I went ahead and got 4pc and pillar of might and also will change my glove enchant.

+ Reply to Thread