+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Protect Warrior looking for advice

Protect Warrior looking for advice

I have read the posts "Why We Do What We Do (An in depth explanation of EHP and ICC 3.3.3 tanking mechanics)" and*"Agg's Prot War Tanking Guide", both by Aggathon. Thank you for the time and effort you and everybody that helped contribute to those works. They have brought a wealth of knowledge to the tanking community. I am an avid reader of his site, as well as ElitistJerks.*

My question is where do I go to progress my character further, gear wise? I have my Tier10 shoulders (iLvl 251) in my bag and I have 90 frost emblems currently, what should my next purchase be? What changes, if any, should be done to my specs (2 protect specs) and gems/enchants? My guild recently downed Sindragosa and we are moving to LK. We also are having trouble with Halion. Thank you for your time to review my character.*

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Demonheart

Is your guild a 10 man guild or a 25 man guild?

I'd get the T10 helm next. I wouldn't use 251 shoulders over your 264 shoulders unless you really want to use the 2pc bonus. If you can get a token for the shoulders then that would be ideal. After that you have two choices:

a) stock up on frost emblems for T10 gloves/chest and hold them until you can get them to 264 or 277

b) sell saronite for dolla dolla bills or donate to your guild or something.

Edit: specs/gearing/gemming/enchanting look flawless to me otherwise.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Sorry, it is a 10-man guild. The helm was what I was thinking also, and I was keeping the shoulders for when I got the token to upgrade them. Then I will use them to replace the shoulders I am currently wearing. So basically, helm next, then gloves/chest, then start using tokens when I win them. Then what should the priority be when using tokens? Helm then shoulders? Also, I should keep the emblem gloves and chest till I am able to upgrade the t10 pieces fully to iLvl 277, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Edit: specs/gearing/gemming/enchanting look flawless to me otherwise.
    Not looking hard enough, need to get that armor kit on your legs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Yeah, that's a given, haha those are sitting in my mailbox, cause I had the legs crafted virtually right before I logged out

http://www.tankingtips.com/2009/12/2...st-pick-order/

cept for the trinket, get that first to boost your epe.. stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    http://www.tankingtips.com/2009/12/2...st-pick-order/

cept for the trinket, get that first to boost your epe.. stamina.
    He has the trinket, it looks like he already read that.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

With the Icecrown Citadel Buff increased to 30%, i should re-enchant my chest to +10 to all stats, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Infantry_11b View Post
    With the Icecrown Citadel Buff increased to 30%, i should re-enchant my chest to +10 to all stats, correct?
    No, you'd only be getting 100*1.3*talent modifiers, so about 140ish hp without doing the math. 275 is still superior and will scale with the buff as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    No, you'd only be getting 100*1.3*talent modifiers, so about 140ish hp without doing the math. 275 is still superior and will scale with the buff as well.
    ^ This. It's 30% increased hit points, not 30% increased stamina so you still multiply 275 by 1.3 also.

That and you'd have to increase 10 stats to like 25 stats to make them roughly equal in terms of EHP.

+ Reply to Thread