+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bear Tank Battle Res Macro Question

Bear Tank Battle Res Macro Question

As a bear tank I can battle rez - great right. Big problem is that I have to shift to caster so I can do it - not so great. There are times however in a lull that it might be nice to be able to pop in an out quickly to rez somebody. Does anybody think it would be worth it to make a macro to go to cast form, select the dead toon, rez, then pop bear. My big problem with thinking this through is selecting the person in a quick but effective manner. Is there a way to do that in a macro?

You can't do that in a single sequence. You certainly can't select 'dead' and do so. And normally (unless you've turned it off) you'll automatically go to caster form if you cast a spell that requires it.

You can do something like
    /castsequence Rebirth, Bear Form
    where you have to hit the button twice. You can't spam it though, as rebirth isn't instant.

Really, is it that hard to do two button presses? You can even make rebirth onmouseover so that you don't even have to click.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [combat,help,dead] Rebirth; [nostance] Dire Bear Form(Shapeshift)
    Note in order to do something like this you have to put the button on an action bar that does not swap. You will have to push it a second time after the 2 second cast is completed to shift back to bear.

It's not possible to have a macro that will automatically pick your target for you. Addons that may function like that do so out of combat only because they are actually using macros and rewriting them on the fly. That type of function can't be done in combat.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 07-16-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

You should have enough aggro on your target to be able to manually select the dead player then cast rebirth and shift back into bear form. Likely you'd also want to pop Barkskin prior to Rebirthing to give your caster form that much extra mitigation for incoming damage.

/cast barkskin
    /cast rebirth %t

I have my shapeshift abilities keybound so I can pop into whichever form I need to on the fly (i.e. Cheetah for Sindragosa, Cat for Dash, Boomkin/Tree to go back after using one of the aforementioned, etc...).

Quote Originally Posted by JokerFMJ View Post
    /cast barkskin
    /cast rebirth %t
    This is not valid macro syntax.

Code:
    /cast Barkskin
    /cast Rebirth
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread