+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can i get my Pally Tank ICC ToC ready?

How can i get my Pally Tank ICC ToC ready?

Gear is generally fine, however you have a ton of work to do....

1. Drop all the shitty gems, red socket where you have only one gem to meet a 9 or 12 stam bonus is a shifting dreadstone, everything else is 30 stam unless you fall below 540 def, at which point stick some enduring eye of zuls in yellow sockets where you will get stam bonus'
    2. Buy the frost badge cloak
    3. Farm 5 man reg toc for the black heart
    4. Where are your dragon's eyes?
    5. Spend a ton of time at http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...basic-training that link has all the basics you need to know.

O.o this is the exact same thread as http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...or-ICC-amp-ToC

Your spec cold use some work. This is more the standard Protection Spec. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufzxsRd0c

Some people put points into Pursuit of Justice instead of Crusade and put 2 points into Improved Justice (slightly messes with 969 rotation, but not really a big issue) instead of a point in Improved Blessing of Might. For Glyphs - Glyph of Righteousness, Glyph of Seal of Vengeance and Glyph of Divine Plea are pretty standard Major Glyphs;

You'll find in raiding that 2 points in Spiritual Attunement is over kill; while in 5 mans Seal of Command gives you a break from having to use Consecration on multi-mob targets.

Gearwise, you're over 540 defense so you can lose the Defense gems; also Effective Health is King - personally I believe in gemming Stam, Stam and when you think you have enough Stam gem more. also, new trinkets - The Black Heart from regular ToC is very nice and the emblem Glyph of Indomitability is quite good too. You need to gem your chest and upgrade your enchants. The PvP enchant for your shoulders is good. The leather Stam kit for gloves is better then the 2% threat which does little for you. Get some tank boots and put on Tuskar's or the Stam enchant. Spiked Death Dealers have pretty cheap mats these days and will hold you over.

You're leveled JC, but I don't see any Dragon's Eye.

I realize it can be a gold drain to buff up your gear when that next great drop is just around the corner, but keeping a tank geared, buffed and ready to raid has costs associated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Some people put points into Pursuit of Justice instead of Crusade and put 2 points into Improved Justice (slightly messes with 969 rotation, but not really a big issue)
    Improved justice?

and no the only thing that messes with the 969 rotation is not putting atleast 1 point in imp judgements, (nevermind the justice thing i said before, I guess you typod?) alot of people use 2 which isnt bad due to the fact that many fights require movement and can mess up a standard rotation, but judge is ranged anyways, the GCD will prevent you from casting it less than every 9 seconds during a standard rotation, but in movement heavy fights the extra second is sometimes nice to have

as a raiding paladin its actually bad to take conviction instead of pursuit of justice, why give up stamina and slightly faster movement by taking tuskars when you can easily spend 2 points on getting the full thing?

and glyph of righteousness? you mean glyph of righteous defense I hope D:

plus not taking judgements of the just is bad, you want a 53/18 spec like mine http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...em&cn=Shieldie its the 'cookiecutter' raiding spec and is optimal against most encounters

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldie View Post
    Improved justice?

and no the only thing that messes with the 969 rotation is not putting atleast 1 point in imp judgements, (nevermind the justice thing i said before, I guess you typod?) alot of people use 2 which isnt bad due to the fact that many fights require movement and can mess up a standard rotation, but judge is ranged anyways, the GCD will prevent you from casting it less than every 9 seconds during a standard rotation, but in movement heavy fights the extra second is sometimes nice to have

as a raiding paladin its actually bad to take conviction instead of pursuit of justice, why give up stamina and slightly faster movement by taking tuskars when you can easily spend 2 points on getting the full thing?

and glyph of righteousness? you mean glyph of righteous defense I hope D:
    Yes it was a typo and 2 points in improved judgments does slightly mess with the 969, the GCD is what it is (since we won't have haste to deal with here) so if you reduce the cast time, by another second you've reduced it by another second; it's not "bad" to take Conviction instead of PoJ, the difference between Tuskars and the Stam enchant is all of 70 HP, if I remember correctly; personally,I prefer Conviction, but either way those points aren't going to make or break a spec. In fact, there are not any real "wow I got to have it talents" to put those 2 points in, they end up just needing to be used to move down in the tree.

Yes Righteous Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Yes it was a typo and 2 points in improved judgments does slightly mess with the 969, the GCD is what it is (since we won't have haste to deal with here) so if you reduce the cast time, by another second you've reduced it by another second;
    I have no idea what you're trying to say here, but Shieldie's right: 2 points in Improved Judgement does not affect your 969 rotation at all, because you're reducing the cooldown by 1 second while under the constraints of a 1.5 second GCD. The ability is ready 0.5 seconds before you can use it with 2/2 Imp Judgements, but since you can't cast it due to the previous GCD, it has literally no effect on your rotation.

I'm going to assume "Some people put points into Pursuit of Justice instead of Crusade" was a typo, because no informed person takes 2 points from one of the best threat talents in either tree for PoJ; you take the points from Conviction, which is comfortably the worst TPS per point talent in ICC gear.

I should also point out that Shieldie's spec is in fact cookie cutter, but running without the Glyph of Seal of Vengeance isn't (best threat glyph until you're at 53 expertise without it).

the 969 is really unaffected by it due to the fact that you will be using a different spell when judge comes off cd anyways (or should be) and its not just the 70 hp but its also 6.5% runspeed afaik, but as a raiding utility standard id say its much better to have the extra stamina and slight speed boost for the 2 talents, which would just be invested in 2% crit granting a VERY minimal threat increase, which considering that threat is not going to be an issue to someone who is properly doing the rotation, isnt very helpful.

Theres also the disarm effect of PoJ which isnt super useful during most raiding situations, i can think of a few parts where its useful, PLUS on my realm tuskars costs twice asmuch, giving even LESS reason to take it :P

I meant no hostility in my posts btw, sorry if it came across that way

Quote Originally Posted by Lumines View Post
    I should also point out that Shieldie's spec is in fact cookie cutter, but running without the Glyph of Seal of Vengeance isn't (best threat glyph until you're at 53 expertise without it).
    OH thankyou! lol i had forgotten about switching it back in from LK tanking a few weeks back

O.o this is the exact same thread as http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...or-ICC-amp-ToC
    Or this one
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ing-port-pally

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledknight View Post
    no i mean its even the same poster... o_O

no i mean its even the same poster... o_O
    Oh snap I didnt even catch that lol

I must agree though with Shieldie with the content you are looking to get into copying his spec glyphs would be helpful. One thing I will point out since I just was finished being humored by trade due to my glyphs in my heroic hallion spec, and my spec in my heroic LK spec telling me I am bad, do not look up extremely highly progressed Tankadins, the requirements are much different and in most cases due to raid comps it is possible to drop most all threat talents for the little survivability perks(like divinity in a normal spec).
    Last edited by Exiledknight; 07-16-2010 at 04:07 PM.

yeah lol, My current guild struggles with reg LK still, I joined in attempts to help em out, (not everyone is on their A-game and all, but anyways) I took up a LK offtank spec to hopefully soften the encounter abit since we had limited attempts before I had to quit raiding, just so happens that during that small period of time, everyone decided to use their inspect button :P
    got so many casuals sending me whispers "god you are so bad" and such, was quite funny

LOL yeah, I am currently tromping around with the so called cookie cutter 53/18 build but glyphed for avenger's shield to pick up the inferno while still tanking Hallion in HM, secondary spec is an AM spec for H LK, apparently some much lower progressed and gear prot pally copied my HM LK spec and then mixed in my HM Hallion glyphs. He got the trolls going and then right as I log in I see, "I copied Exiledknight's spec and glyphs, the top prot pally on the server" I got a good laugh out of the trolls for the 30 minutes it lasted.

Umn I dont know how upgraded your gear became from yesterday.

But here is in adition two tips.

I'v noticed you got below "540 Defense" -> to me that meaning is slighty differend, i'v favorite 5,4% on against +2 of your own level mobs and 5,6% on +3 (raid bosses) of your own level. 540 defense equals the critically immune against +3 levels higher than your own level mobs.
    - In basic meaning you can gain critical immunity on gaining few resilence rate (if thats not changed and I do believe it hasnt. So you'v farmed some heroics and I believe you got spare stone keepers shards (to get few heirloom honor marks to use) or 10,000 honor to buy shoulder enchants +30 stamina +15 resilence on Stormwind Old Town PvP vendors?

You can check crit cap also from some macroes, likely found in http://www.wowwiki.com/Defense .

Also noticed, you should farm some heroics to fully gear yourself. We are still talking about late end expansions last 2st and 3rd patches and tanking on them. Usually fully heroic geared specc takes me about day of "fully -> 12h for 24/7" farming on heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
    I'v noticed you got below "540 Defense" -> to me that meaning is slighty differend, i'v favorite 5,4% on against +2 of your own level mobs and 5,6% on +3 (raid bosses) of your own level. 540 defense equals the critically immune against +3 levels higher than your own level mobs.
    - In basic meaning you can gain critical immunity on gaining few resilence rate (if thats not changed and I do believe it hasnt.
    resil still helps but..
    wut o_o i didnt understand this post
    he still has above 540 defense, he got his pvp chant and switched his gems, needs a few more chants and tweaks but its looking nicely. now he needs to drop the horrible 61/10 spec :P

Thanks for the advice guys!!! I did everything that you suggested and it made me tank alot better!! Now i need to work on getting my dps and gear score up. I'm working on the glyphs I need and I just changed my keybindings to make my rotations run smother.

You need to change your head enchant to the Argent Crusade one. Your current one is terrible and doing nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumines View Post
    You need to change your head enchant to the Argent Crusade one. Your current one is terrible and doing nothing for you.

I just learned that the other night. Is that the enchant from Tourney Grounds?

+ Reply to Thread