+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yet Another fury warrior WHINING!!!!!HALP ME PLZ!!!

Yet Another fury warrior WHINING!!!!!HALP ME PLZ!!!

Hello PPL,
    Am new to Tankspot. Am always worried about why my Fury warrior is not doing so much damage like others. I always pull 5k which every1 says *that not enough!!*. Can u ppl help me and pointing me in the right direction to rectify my errors.

Here is my armory Link.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&cn=Evilwarrz

Thats what am saying.. There is no problems with my gears. I just want to know why am lagging behind other warriors with lower gearscores than me.!!! Is that the problem with socketing or something ?

You gotta be trolling with all that hit and expertise lol? if not thats your anwser right there. You are close to capping white hits and parry expertise, that means you spent a whole load of your GS on very undesirable stats, so ofc you will be performing low dps for your GS.

Ps saying thats all the gear that has dropped for you, isnt a good reason for your stats, theres so much you can do to fix your issues. Just the top of my head, you have wrong rep ring, you can buy some gear from Ah or run 5 mans for an ApR trinket (got the banners victory and Nes). Thats just the start ofc, you got some serious gearing issues to sort out.

Ah man and you dont have intesify rage either... why wouldnt you take that talent, its awesome? Death wish is like so OP, you wanna lower its cd and use every time its up.
    Last edited by Krays; 07-18-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Your way overcapped on hit and expertise. Why are you still using Mark of Supremacy when you're 13% (440 rating) over the yellow cap? You need to get your hit and expertise rating down, just because an item is of higher item level than your current one doesn't mean automatically mean it's better.

You should have gotten vengeful noose from the frost vendor instead of the plate version.
    Your 245 triumph shoulders should be replaced with t9 or t10 shoulders.
    Untill you get your expertise down you should get the scarlet onslaught cloak from frost emblems even though it has lower ArP the extra crit would likely be a dps increase over the wasted expertise.
    Get rid of the polar bear claws for the 245 crafted bracers, they will boost your dps up a bit too.
    Really you need to stop picking up pieces of gear that have ZERO ArP on them, its crap gear for a warrior. Get your stat priorities straight.

1) maxdps.com has always been absolutely atrocious at modeling warrior DPS. get landsouls spreadsheet. if you don't know how to use it there is this fancy guide with pictures and stuff that is linked in my signature that will get you on the right track.
    2) <insert broken record talking about your hit/ expertise here>
    3) the strength ring from ashen veridt rep is terrible. the agi one is way better itemized. get it.
    4) get the agi cloak and leather belt from badges. get teir 10. etc.
    5) unless I am in fact blind, your meta gem isn't being activated because you aren't using a nightmares tear or any non red gem for that matter. put a nightmares tear in your helm instead of the 20 arp gem.
    6) you are a JC but don't have any dragons eye's in your gear. this is a problem, fix it.
    7) UW in this day and age is pretty much worthless, likewise with anger management. put those 5 points elsewhere. make sure at least 3 of them happen to end up in intensify rage, because that talent is a pretty massive DPS increase.
    8) if you have any parses post them here because in general they are much more useful than simply linking your armory.
    Last edited by Thegreatme; 07-18-2010 at 12:52 PM.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

@Krays - more casual players (or those who only get OS chances at loot) will often have disgustingly high Hit/Exp #s because you're grabbing the stuff others don't want or are decked out in triumph gear and early ICC drops. I have a pretty good clue as to what I'm doing but my hit got as high as 680/710 because what I had access to (since I couldn't buy crafted as that went to my tank set) were legit upgrades (Cit Enf > Beheader for example).

@Evil - With your passive ArP, you should NOT be gemming ArP. It's not as valuable as Str. Until you have ~900 passive ArP, don't think about gemming ArP (the caveat here is if you get NES, gem ArP, if needed, until you are between 722 and 741 and swap out ArP gems for Str until you have zero ArP gems and are at 722+ ArP --- then wait until you get to 900 or so passive ArP and look to gem ArP again).

232 triumph shoulders > 245s. Same with T10.251 frost shoulders.

Castlebreakers chest > current. The 92 hit makes the current chest not optimal. In all liklihood even 251 drops will be better because you can use all of the 2nd stat. Landsoul's spreadheed was suggested earlier - use it.

Agility Rep ring > Str Rep Ring

Banner of Victory (ToC5 N - so farmable) or NES >> Mirror of Truth.

Is your meta activated? All I see are +20 ArP gems. One should be a nightmare's tear to activate the meta.

You're at 450 JC but aren't using the +34 x 3 JC cuts.

You DON'T have 3/3 Precision! Get it. Drop 2 points from UW and 1 from anger management and get 3/3 precision. Those are close to the 3 most valuable talent points for DPS.

If you're pulling 5k in that gear in 10 man, it's probably somewhat your roation as well. What is your rotation? Are you using the one in the Fury guide stickied here or in the Damage forum (can't remember where)?

Are you stacking your trinkets/CD usage (Like Recklessness and Deathwish on top of each other)?

If you don't have a warrior tank or rogue using expose armor in your group, are you applying Sunder in the free GCDs for the extra 20% armor reduction? Then refreshing ever 2 rotations?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

This last post was one of the best ive seen. You can only point folks in the right direction so many times before it too frustrating to waste time explaining to folks with selective hearing!
    Last edited by joninvermont; 07-20-2010 at 05:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread