+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bear Tank Info

Bear Tank Info

Hey all,

I've finally gotten my Druid up to 80 and am working on putting his tanking set together. This is my 3rd tank, so I know all the basics but I'm also aware that Bear tanking from a gear/gem perspective is a little "odd". My other tanks are a Warrior and DK.

I've tried to do some searches, but as of yet I haven't found a good FAQ or guide on bear tanking. Does one exist?

Primary questions revolve around understanding what the best stats to gear/gem for, and any mechanic differences I should be aware of.
    "What we need is a special blend of Psychology and extreme violence"

There's one on these forums.

You should gear for stamina largely. Try to keep some decent amount of hit and especially keep expertise at 26 skill or above. Mechanically they're very similar to a warrior at base - you always want to maul (and should macro it to all your abilities) in the same way that you wanted to heroic strike before, save that maul is closer to 60-70% of your overall threat.

Perfect, thanks! Not sure why I didn't find that with my searches.

A couple Talent questions after reading that guide:

Omen of Clarity: Worth putting the point in for it assuming you have decent gear?
    Master Shapeshifter: 4% increased damage is nice, but 5 points is kinda spendy, worth the points?
    Improved Leader of the Pack: Do the heals gained by the party/raid provide any additional threat? Worth 2 points to help the healers out?
    "What we need is a special blend of Psychology and extreme violence"

Go to the armory and lookup Highdruid on Azuremyst - US server...he is our main tank for ICC 25 he's got over 80k heath after buffs and is a total beast

+ Reply to Thread