+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Horde vs. The Alliance

I play alliance. The reason for it is cosmetic as i just don't like how the horde looks(with the exception of Orcs ofc). I just like the alliance look better, simple as that.
    The community/maturity is pretty much the same on both sides, i know some people claim the faction they're not playing is alot more immature etc but this is probably just due to the fact that within their own faction they play with a group of people that suits them and ignores the immature/ idiots. But if you roll a new char on the other faction you'll have to start getting to know people again from scratch(and sorting out the jerks and aholes again).

Honestly... i rolled a dwarf with a red beard because that's what Cartman had... that south park episode, along with some friends who played, were what got me started back during patch 1.7ish??

I play Alliance because I've always sided with the Alliance in previous games. I have nothing against most of the Horde and have played Horde toons before, but I am starting to hate the Forsaken with a passion. The blood elves are almost as bad, but they at least have a shot at redemption in my eyes.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

I play Horde (Tauren) mainly for lore reasons, I think that 'til Cataclysm, Thrall (together with Cairne) has been the only leader who was really trying to achieve peace and really thinking about his actions.

That's why I really hate the thought of having Garrosh as the new leader...

I play both. My main(s) are horde, because that's what our friends were playing when we started playing. The friends we made on our server keep us there. I have ally toons on other servers. And play them to get away.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

The male animations and character models for Alliance are just goofy and awkward. It's one of the reasons that I play all female characters myself, there's actually a bit of a story behind my initial character creation which I might share in a blog at some point.

This is a question i have asked many people recently, as I'm very new to the game (OK.. i just started ...level 1)
    My Fiance and friends all are Alliance.So i decided to do the same.
    But i have now created a Blood Elf, and find it more interesting, everyone thinks Horde is evil full stop!
    I'm capable of doing good things though..i promise.
    For the Horde!

At this point in the game, I view the allies as more of the bad guys, Varion is all about trying to exterminate the horde from azeroth, and Thrall just wants to live in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Khilbron View Post
    At this point in the game, I view the allies as more of the bad guys, Varion is all about trying to exterminate the horde from azeroth, and Thrall just wants to live in peace.
    That's i noticed. Is from an outside view of the game you see the alliance as this symbol of light, and the horde as well a horde of warmongers. And it almost starts to seem like after you play that the alliance are the bad guys (well Varion isn't good, but then the forsaken arn't amazing, once again its hard to pick side this is warcraft not peacecraft)
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

For the Alliance!

The trouble with the Horde is it's a hodgepodge of races basically united under one charismatic leader. Thrall is certainly a great guy, but he lacks a long term purpose for the continued existence of the Horde. All Horde races have their own, unique goals and the only reason they are Horde is the divided we fall bit. Of the Horde races only two have what resembles strong leadership and are able to look after their own matters. That's the Tauren and the Orks. You don't have to worry about them, they will be fine. But the Forsaken, the Darkspear and the Bloodelves are a completely different matter. The Horde will fall apart if they don't plan for the time after Thrall RIGHT NOW.

If the Wrathgate incident(something that was brewing for YEARS right under the nose of Sylvannas while Thrall watched on) tought us anything then it's that the Horde is a menace. IF they simply wanted a home of their own then that would be something that could have been worked out. Durotar for the Orks? Sure, they earned it. Mulgore for the Tauren? Definitely. Lordearon for the Forsaken? Well, they used to live there. Same goes for the Bloodelves. And the Darkspear definitely need a place to call home. Trouble is the Horde is expanding and it is unknown to what purpose.

So I'm with Varian. IF the Horde had a proper strukture, a common purpose and good secure leadership then you'd have somebody to negotiate with. You could speak to the racial leaders, but it's the Horde who is expanding. They are at their worst when together and are something that could blow up any time soon. If there is going to be a conflict then it better be on our terms.

I shall personally fertilize the forrests of Ashenvale with the blood of those who dared to hurt the sacred woods. Your destructiveness is not welcome.

For the Alliance!

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    That's i noticed. Is from an outside view of the game you see the alliance as this symbol of light, and the horde as well a horde of warmongers. And it almost starts to seem like after you play that the alliance are the bad guys (well Varion isn't good, but then the forsaken arn't amazing, once again its hard to pick side this is warcraft not peacecraft)
    There are so many GOOD reasons for Varian's position that it's impossible to logically or reasonably paint him as a bad guy because of it. You may not agree with his views, but he is most certainly NOT the bad guy from an objective standpoint.

+ Reply to Thread