+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Satorri's Photo Corner

Satorri's Photo Corner

I figured since people have been enjoying the stunning views of the new world, I might as well snap some screenshots as I go.

Here is your only warning. This thread will be full of pictures of the new zones, sights, and interesting things. If you don't want that spoiled, stop reading now.

Explorers are going to have a field year with the new zones. The old world is full of things to see, even the things that were in the game from the beginning you can see in new detail, from new vantage points, with all the new polish the game has to offer.

So, let the photos commence!

(Note: all screenshots are full-size, so right-click them and view image, or whatever is appropriate for your computer/browser if you want to see them even bigger. Shots are taken at 1920x1080 resolution with graphics settings on Ultra.)
    Last edited by Satorri; 07-14-2010 at 08:57 PM.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

... waiting!

Let's start with something not new at all, but I found pretty cool.

Ironforge from a new vantage point. It really is pretty monstrous and epic sitting in the side of a mountain:

Up next, another landmark that isn't new, but we will have new reason to visit.

Blackrock Mountain from a longer perspective, first smoldering:

And from a cleaner perspective where you can see the bridge leading up to it, and the volcanic action a little more clearly:

An old sight with a new twist. Somebody (not gonna say who) broke the damn and let the Loch out of Loch Modan. I suggest it now be known as Puddles Modan:

And turning to the right and looking up at the edge of Loch Modan, a giant structure looms, foreboding, from the Twilight Highlands. Just what is this ominous structure?

I thought this was terribly impressive for setting the stage for our new supreme villain. See here in the Badlands: a place where Deathwing carved a deep gash into the planet and cleaved the tops of mountains clean off with his molten wings.

But it wasn't cool enough that he cut through mountains as he flew by. No. His wings melted the clean-cut surfaces to GLASS. It is hard to get a clear sense of it without movement, but the glassy surface has reflections like water...

And my final image for the evening, my personal anguish. A glimpse of a Ruby Shrine-esque portion of the Twilight Highlands, where I am barred from entry with mean invisible walls!

That is all for tonight, but I will post again when I have more pretty pictures. If you have any requests, I will do my best to capture them.

Thanks, Satorri. Those screenshots are pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    I thought this was terribly impressive for setting the stage for our new supreme villain. See here in the Badlands: a place where Deathwing carved a deep gash into the planet and cleaved the tops of mountains clean off with his molten wings.

But it wasn't cool enough that he cut through mountains as he flew by. No. His wings melted the clean-cut surfaces to GLASS. It is hard to get a clear sense of it without movement, but the glassy surface has reflections like water...
    That's funny, because if you look at it from another angle, it's a little more recognizable, from what I've heard.

Thanks, these are great, especially Ironforge. I love the Dwarves, and Ironforge is by far my favorite city in WoW. The Exodar is my least favorite.

Thank you very much for all the pictures, I'm really looking forward to checking out The Badlands where the glass is.

Could I get a screen shot of the auction house in Orgrimmar? It's where I'll be spending most of my time. :P

damn, looking at these makes me want a new comp more than before. this game looks gret in detail!
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

mind if i dump a couple of MH pictures in here satorri? got a coupel nice ones in 2560x1240

Go to town.

I'll post up some pics of the new Orgrimmar, it is probably the most heavily remodeled city with the new zone-oriented design and Garrosh's teen-angst-style horde decor.

Photo Tour of Orgrimmar

**As with above, right click and "View Image" to blow it up to full size, they're big. =)**

Welcome to the new spikier Orgimmar, first a key to following the layout (though it isn't really wildly different from the Orgrimmar you know in that sense).

Front gate from Durotar:

Front Gate from the Inside:

Someone let Garrosh decorate... (and SPOILER IN WHITE: Into the demon blood too, from the looks of his eyes...), now with more spikes.

You can find the AH on the bottom right, as it is in the Live Orgrimmar.

In the new fully 3D and flyable Orgimmar, the mesa surrounding the valleys is no properly looked after and is the new site of the the zeppelin towers. Rather better defended. At the bottom you can see the Drag from the air, not much has changed with that or the Cleft of Shadows.

The Valley of Honor has been reworked a bit, but on the same theme it had before. You can see influences of Orcy angst and the old less angsty style. The improved water effects enhance the look very nicely.

There is now a back door to the Valley of Honor. A long narrow road leads up to a gate, seen below, to Azshara, now owned by the Goblins.

Here is a nicer shot of the mesa and zeppelin towers:

Here is a shot looking from the mountains behind the Valley of Wisdom, over the Valley and the mesa, towards the Valley of Strength and the front gate.

The Tauren have set up shop in the Valley of Wisdom. It is lovely with trees and water (and incidentally, this is where you learn about Paladinining, no Belfs in attendance).

The Valley of Spirits which the side gate still opens onto, has taken a distinctly more traditionally Troll-like appearance for the Darkspears. Plenty of water was added, and the trolls got to buildin'!

The corner that once held the only building or two of the trolls has been taken over by the gobos. They moved right in and cleaned the place up properly, in greenskin fashion...

And one last shot because I thought it was pretty cool looking. The zeppelin towers are no longer outside the city. There are an assortment of war machines, of course. Down by the water, there is a new dock and a goblin vessel parked there! (I love the new water effects)

Anything else people want to see in particular?

I'd love to see some Undercity and Brill!
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

Very cool pics! I'd love a fly by of Thunder Bluff.
    "What we need is a special blend of Psychology and extreme violence"

Man these are amazing, and i think the 2 where deathwing cleared the top off the mountains is pretty cool

<3 Satorri.

Thunder Bluff has probably not changed at all -- it was already "fully flyable", I think.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

I will give Undercity, Brill, and Thunder Bluff a look when the servers actually come back. I'm not expecting much by way of changes for Thunder Bluff, but I may be able to get some nice shots. Brill might be marginally reworked, but again, maybe worth a nice pic or two. Undercity should be good for a look around above ground; I think underground it is roughly the same, though I haven't run around in there yet.

Spoiler from mount hyjal youve been warned

Mount Hyjal is sexehhh

had to thumbnail it because my resolution would break the page xD

Another free bit of time, another round of photos!

Thunder Bluff is indeed unchanged, but hey, let's fly over anyway!

The Forsaken are really coming into a time where they feel like they can be themselves. No more decrepit Human structures, now Brill is now showing full-on Forsaken chic:

Including a new giant statue to their Lady Sylvanas, smack in the middle of town:

Undercity is unchanged in architecture underground, above ground though, it now appropriately looks as it did in the old W3 cinematics, in proper Lordaeron style:

Including the ruined remains of the hallway leading to the throne room:

And the fully detailed throne room where Terenas Menethil was killed:

For some more fun, enjoy Karazhan from a nice long view:

Stormwind from the air over the gates:

There is no longer a solid wall behind the Cathedral, it now opens onto a lake with a graveyard around the shore:

Stormwind's Keep is now a proper keep with additional walls and a castle-feeling defense of its own:

And in that Keep's courtyard there is a statue, try to ignore the pumpkins... >.>

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    keep it up Satorri!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

+ Reply to Thread