+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arcane spec question

Arcane spec question

In the cookie cutter arcane specs I see, they take Torment the Weak. I just have to wonder since slow is single target and most bosses are immune, what is the benefit in this talent I am missing? Thanks
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

AFAIK, attack speed slow debuffs are sufficient for TTW to apply, so as long as you have a tank that isn't terrible, TTW should be in effect.

The type of tank has an effect.

Paladins only slow with judgements, and at best they can keep it up on 2 targets.

Druids slow on certain attacks (Maul, Mangle, etc. but NOT SWIPE). A good druid that tab-targets can get it on small to medium sized packs, but not insanely large number like whelps in Ony or similar encounters.

DKs and Warriors can get it down quick. Warriors Thunderclap, and DKs either use Glyphed Howling Blast or spread frost fever within a few GCDs,

The only time this is an issue is when you are AoEing. For this reason, I usually drop 1 point in improved blizzard. 25% slow does didly in terms of snares, but it does trigger TotW when I Blizzard, and I get some nice numbers lighting up in Pre-Marrowgar trash :P

A small reminder: Torment the Weak doesn't affect blizzard :P

It's not just slow, its any slowing effect, whether it's attack speed debuffing or movement. Even though bosses are immune to the snare, they are still effected by the attack speed debuff.

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

Arcane spec question

Thanks all!

My Mage is my fifth 80 and recently dinged so I am just starting to get into the more intricate details. Any other interesting, often misunderstood mechanics you think I should be aware of?
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

+ Reply to Thread