+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank Gearing for ICC (or enough to get accepted into a raiding guild)

Tank Gearing for ICC (or enough to get accepted into a raiding guild)

Hey there,

So I just started WoW in feb of this year and I have been following the excellent advice in this forum and many others like it. I have been gearing up with my nose to the grindstone for a while to try and get myself well prepared for the application process to a decent raiding guild. I was wondering if there was any advice you guys would have in order to make my character as complete as possible before my application.

Also if anyone could reccomend a good server that has multiple decent raiding guilds that would be cool too. Seems as if the concensus is that Misha is dead.

Finally I am sitting at 35 frosts. I am assuming that my next best upgrade will be the stam trinket but I wouldn't mind thoughts on another item.

http://elitistarmory.com/US/Misha/Waylonse

Note: I know that the 20 defense gem is overkill, I'm only leaving it there because I'm only one saronite away from having pillars of might and I'll need the defense. I will put a blue there just as soon as I can get the friendly ashen verdit ring which should solve my defense issues.

I would recommend either Gauntlets of the Kraken or the Cataclysmic Chestguard as your next Frost emblem purchase, leaning towards the latter. It's a very strong piece and would help out your defense worries somewhat, too. I'd actually not buy the Corroded Skeleton Key until you've got all your other Frost upgrades (cloak, gloves, chest and whatever tier pieces you fancy; typically head and shoulders), because you have perfectly good tank trinkets as is. Don't fall into the trap of gearing for gearscore fanatics.

Frost badge cloak, chest, gloves, probably in that order. Cloak definately first.

Quote Originally Posted by Metasynaptic View Post
    Frost badge cloak, chest, gloves, probably in that order. Cloak definately first.
    Chest, gloves, cloak. He has a decent one from Ahune but it's not the best, moves the cloak down in the priority list.
    Also, seems elitistarmory is defunct. It's showing the 20 def gem as 20 dodge with a yellow graphic and slot fitter...odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Yeah I noticed that issue and had to explain to the guild I applied to, that no I'm not a complete moron. I would never put a 20 dodge gem in any socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylonse View Post
    Yeah I noticed that issue and had to explain to the guild I applied to, that no I'm not a complete moron. I would never put a 20 dodge gem in any socket.
    You'll get more benefit from the pvp shoulder enchant as well. This will allow you to drop to lower defense (all the way to 536), so that you can fix the gems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I love misha im on the horde in a great raiding guild

+ Reply to Thread