+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level 43 Warrior AOE Tanking help. FUUUUU

Level 43 Warrior AOE Tanking help. FUUUUU

Hai.
    I have a level 80 DK tank that I haven't played in awhile that I have no problems holding aggro with, as well as a level 70 something paladin tank with no problems either. But I decided to give warrior tanking a try.

I only recently started running into problems in the martrdom(sp?) instance when I become stunned/warstomped and the mobs go to attack my group, but I have the highest threat on my threat meter.

But, this is the rotation I use for AOE tanking since I don't have shockwave/devestate.

Thunderclap, cleave, revenge, shield slam. Rinse and Repeat.

Any tweaking/advice would be greatly appreciated. My character is fastpuller on the medivh realm.

Thanks again guys.

You can throw in demo shout as well on the initial pull for a little bit more threat increase.

if you know you are gonna get stunned on a certain pull, maybe have your clothies standing closer to you on the pull so you dont have a major run to them to get the mobs off them in the event you lose aggro.

Makes sense. When I don't get stunned I don't have any problem holding it, neither single targer nor multiple mobs. I try to tab through them all so I can sunder/heroic strike.

Maraudon*
    Con Brio is recruiting! Look within for details. www.conbrioguild.org
    Mage Guide Author
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...skies/advanced

Thanks.
    Anymore suggestions/tips? Everything is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
    Maraudon*
    I liked Martrdom, LOL!
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

That's not a threat problem. The satyrs gouge you, which is an incapacitate that makes all mobs ignore your threat until you hit them with another ability.

Just toss out a thunderclap/demo shout when you come out of the gouge and all the mobs will switch back to you.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LAb00fZZVItb

Try it the bleed snaps them to you after you glyph cleave and spam it and TCLAP

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytankz View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LAb00fZZVItb

Try it the bleed snaps them to you after you glyph cleave and spam it and TCLAP
    I'm curious as to how quickly you can get deep wounds up on multiple mobs at level 43. I don't have a feel for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    I'm curious as to how quickly you can get deep wounds up on multiple mobs at level 43. I don't have a feel for this.
    You thunderclap, and if it crits a mob, that mob gets deep wounds. If you're lucky, you get deep wounds on everything with one thunderclap.

The OP is fine on threat though in his current spec - warrior tanks are crazy good for threat while leveling regardless of Deep Wounds. His issue was with mobs going to attack the rest of the group when he was "stunned", not realizing that it was gouge, and that's what gouge does - it actually has nothing to do with threat problems.

I'm familiar with TClap and its wonderous benefits. I'm gonna say this again: At level 43, how likely are you gonna get that many crits?

What you are attempting to do is describe a way to put SOME threat on everything so that when he is incapacitated the threat will persist, but in most cases, here is what happens:
    1)Tank: Gets Gouged
    2) Mobs: "Oh Look! He's stunned!" *Crit Crit Crit*, sans block/dodge/parry/crit immune protection
    3) Healer: "Oh Shit" *Nuke Heal Nuke Heal Nuke Heal*
    4) Mobs: Nom Nom Nom on Healer. Healer Dies.
    5) Mobs: Nom Nom Nom on Tank with no healer. Tank Dies.

The key point is that Deep wounds on a TClap should have enough ongoing Threat along with initial threat from Crit TClap to outthreat emergency heals, since the tank is taking extra damage while incapacitated. I am skeptical of this happening if there is an instant gouge within a sec or two of engagement.

As I already stated, when the mobs in Mauradon gouge you every enemy ignores your threat until the gouge wears off and you then hit them with another ability. You could have 10 million threat on them, and as soon as they gouge you, they'll make a beeline for whoever is second until the gouge is gone. Threat is irrelevant to that happening, and that's obviously what the OP is having happen to him, and misconstruing it as a threat issue.

There's quite a bit of time to build threat before the gouge, but it doesn't matter because they ignore you when it's up.

Edit: You could try zerker rage on it, might remove it once, but they probably cast it more than once per 30 seconds if your dps is slow.
    Last edited by Xenix; 07-13-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Ah, I see now. Makes sense since I don't lose aggro on anything else besides those guys who gouge. Thanks for the help everybody, greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread