+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tank treat issues can someone help me figure out why?

tank treat issues can someone help me figure out why?

prot is off spec and i still have problems holding agro some times i am not sure why i use devistate to get 5 stacks then ss hs tc and revenge when it is up. am i doing something wronge with my rotation? or is it my gear here is a link to wow armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&cn=Magnamis
    i just dont understand why i cant hold agro when raiding?
    thank you in advance for all the help.

Devastate isn't really that critical in the process. It's more a filler skill that a go-to one.

Shield slam should always be on cooldown. it hits like an angry truck. use it even if you don't have sword and board procced.

Try that to start with.

thank you i will try that and see how it works.
    one more thing is it bad for me to put vigelance on off tank to help me hold agro.

Well, yeah, you will get more threat given to you if you put vig on a top rated dps.

There are certain circumstances where putting vig on a tank is a good idea, but to leech threat isn't one of them.

The priority is something like SS > SW > Rev > Dev, right?. Since SS/SW/Rev are on longer CDs, Devastate will be the 'standard' attack that gets replaced as soon as one of the others are off CD. Spamming Dev when the others are on CD also helps S&B proc. But if any of the others are off CD, they take priority.

I have 2 devastate buttons, one with HS macro'd for high rage scenarios and the normal button when rage needs to be watched. This helps keep the number of buttons I need to watch down from a bajillion to a bajillion - 1 and keeps threat up.

Rimefang's will be hard to keep threat as well if your guildies are running with 251+ weps, especially in ICC. Morrowgar drops a 251 mace that will do wonders for your threat.

Meta is right, vig a high threat DPS if threat is an issue. And have rogues tricks of the trade you and hunters should be mis-directing to you as soon as it's off CD.

You should also replace glyph of enraged regeneration with Blocking for some more survability and threat.

Talents - Take the 2 points out of spell reflect and the 3 points out of Sunder and put 5/5 in one-hand wep specialization. That's a 10% DPS increase you're missing out on which will help your threat a lot too and spell reflect is situational ability at best and in progression raiding, rage isn't an issue so making devstate cheaper isn't helpful at all.

If you do want to reduce the rage cost, focused raged reduces all offensive abilities by 3 rage at 3/3, not just dev/sunder.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Oh, also, CSK shouldn't have been your first tanking up grade. Kraken Gauntlets and Vergis Belt would both have been better. After those 2 (your next 2), it'll be personal preference but either the Cloak or Cataclysmic. Then Tier shoulders, then tier head.

Farm regular HoR for the 219 shield too for a quick upgrade (well, if 11 attempts at the 2nd normal HoR boss is quick....)
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread