+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hit needed

Hit needed

So Im a pally tank and im no where near hit capped im wondering if i really need to be. I have glyphed for the never fail taunt, (im the ot in our raid.) and am wondering do I really need to worry about it otherwise? http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...on&cn=Carthial I have the one hit gem in there and the hit on my gloves aswell. Basiclly how much hit do i really need. Thanks

Short answer is no, you don't really need to worry about hit or expertise.

Long answers are here (link shamelessly stolen from Dreador's sig):
    DO YOU THINK YOU NEED EXPERTISE AND HIT??
    STILL THINK YOU NEED EXPERTISE AND HIT??

Generally, people don't ask about hit unless they had taunting problems or they are having aggro issue. If neither of those do not apply, remember the old adage... "If it isn't broken, don't fix it"

If you are having threat issues, then please talk about the issues you are having.

Also, for future gear, never gem pure stats except stamina. If you have to take something like expertise or hit or whatever, use expertise/hit or hit/stamina and so on.

You have more hit than I do right now, Id say you are fine. aslong as you dont gotta worry about missing taunts, then its survivability > hit

You can stand to actually change some gems / chants even, and ike insahnity said, dont gem pure stats except for stam, you are missing out on alot of stamina you could have due to the hit gem. seeing a level 80 in this tier with a full hit gem makes me cringe :P

You don't need any more hit, and as such gemming and enchanting for it is a waste. The one exception is Accuracy on your weapon, because none of the alternatives are game-breaking.

Your gemming could use a rethink. Firstly, never gem parry. Secondly, never put a purple gem in a red socket when it's not getting you a socket bonus anyway. You should have a 10 agi/15 stam gem in the red socket in your belt to activate your meta gem. Other than the yellow socket with a 12 stamina bonus in your helm, the rest of your gems should be 30 stamina. You should also replace the Sons of Hodir enchant on your shoulders with the PvP one for 10k honour (30 stam/15 resilience).

Your spec is also sub-optimal; 3/3 Crusade and 4/5 Conviction is more threat than 2/3 Crusade and 5/5 Conviction. I'd not have any points in Conviction at all, since Vindication is an enormous mitigation boost for two talent points, and Pursuit of Justice is a better run speed boost than Tuskarr's Vitality and also allows you to enchant for a tiny bit more stam. PoJ is optional; Vindication isn't really.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    Short answer is no, you don't really need to worry about hit or expertise.

Long answers are here (link shamelessly stolen from Dreador's sig):
    DO YOU THINK YOU NEED EXPERTISE AND HIT??
    STILL THINK YOU NEED EXPERTISE AND HIT??
    :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000 So this is the build you recomend?

Yep.

yes, thats the standard utility prot spec, its the best current all around one possible, I approve =D

+ Reply to Thread