+ Reply to Thread

Thread: prot pally need help gearing

prot pally need help gearing

ok im stuck on gearing ive tryed everthing and im stuck i dont know where to go from here. here is my guy
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...airne&cn=Atles

if you guys can help please do ill take any advice i can recive my gearscore is 4742

First, let's start with the good. You are geared correctly. Here are a few upgrades to shoot for:

Boots in heroic FoS. Run it every day until you have them. Neck from heroic HoR is nice but not a must have. Iirc, you have lordaerons shield and the one from regular HoR is a minor upgrade as well. Saronite Swordbreaker wrists are a crafted you should have made as well. For trinkets, you want to pair The Black Heart from regular ToC5 and the Glyph of Indom (iLvl 245 triumph vendor).

Next, forget socket bonus. You want the austere earthsiege meta which requires one red and two blue. The blue aren't a concern so gem one agil+stam gem in the best red socket and everything else 30 stam.

You are well over the defense number so enchant cloak with 225 armor and shield with 18 stam.

Chest should be 275 hp enchant.

Helm you want the argent crusade enchant and shoulders you want the pvp enchant (30 stam +15 resil).

Put 22 stam on your boots if you have pursuit of justice and tuskers if you don't have PoJ.

I didn't look at your glove enchant but get either the stam or armor enchant.

There are great threads here about why we stack stam. If you have some moral objection to that, then at least stick with agil, hit, or expertise + stamina hybrid gems when matching sockets. Parry and strength are bad for us prot pallys. Hope this helps.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Sorry for the double post but I looked deeper and wanted to offer advice on spec and glyphs too.

Drop reckoning -5 (we'll get some more threat in another talent)
    Drop 1 from Spiritual attunement -1
    Drop divinity -5 (it's been proven this goes mostly into overheals and is wasted)
    Drop benediction -5

This gives us 16 points to work with

Finish Shield of the Templar +2 (the silence on this is massively helpful for caster pulls)
    Get One handed weap specialization +3 (this is part of the threat back from reckoning)
    Get 1 point in Improved Judgements (this is necessary for the 969 rotation which you need to learn)
    Get Heart of the Crusader +3
    get Seal of Command +1 (watch your AOE threat in heroics skyrocket)
    Get Pursuit of Justice +2
    Get Crusade +3 (these 3 points are worth more threat than the five you had on Reckoning)

Glyphs:
    Drop the glyph of Consecration. This one is actually bad for prot because it throws off the timing of our rotation.

Get glyphs:
    Divine Plea (3% reduced damage witth divine plea up and it ahould ALWAYS be up)
    Righteous Defense to ensure taunts don't miss
    Either vengence(preferred) or Judgement for single target threat or Hammer of the Righteous for AoE threat
    Sense Undead is an amazing minor glyph, especially in Icecrown where everything is undead
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

+ Reply to Thread