+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking LK25 for the first time

Tanking LK25 for the first time

Okay as the title implied I'm going to be tanking LK25 for the first time(ever actually haven't done 10m yet) with my guild on Monday as of 7/10 I've watched the fight multiple times studied and such. My guilds gunna spend all of raid time on the little prick(3 1/2 hours) with attempts at him. I'm just nervous any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm a warrior tank btw. Like anything that could be an improvement spec/gear/enchants/gems and any advice for the fight specific things to watch out for and such.

Here is armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ul&cn=Mognovox

gear looks like more than enough, though you could replace your hand enchant with stamina, armsman is abit useless imo, I just tried it the other day and the differences were so minor that it definately would not outweigh the extra EH.

are you tanking boss or adds?

and switch out your t10 legs for pillars of might (if you have them and can ofcourse) the t10 legs are the worst itemized tier piece you can take if im not mistaken, for paladins it definately is, and shouldnt be used for anything other than achieving the 4pc bonus, which is STILL better off obtained with shoulders, head, gloves, and chest

^^ Correct, and for all plate tanks. Pillars are BIS, with Heroic Legguards of Lost Hope in second place, due to the higher stamina for magic fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I'm gunna be on adds our main tank has done lk 25 multiple times so he's better off

For Pillars, I would(and prob should) switch them out but the legs are my main source of exp so if I were to switch I would lose almost all of it and that wouldn't be very good

As for armsman I just read online and that's what it said to get I'm always open to trying something new

Only reason I'm not using the shoulders is cause the hlootship ones dropped and they were an upgrade I'm trying to get the chest now just have to wait for a sanc token to drop

Quote Originally Posted by mognovox View Post

For Pillars, I would(and prob should) switch them out but the legs are my main source of exp so if I were to switch I would lose almost all of it and that wouldn't be very good
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ent-for-3.3.3)

dont wory about the loss of expertise

alright, just remember to keep an eye on the other tank, at this point in the game soul reaper shouldnt be a problem, but keep an eye on him just incase.

for the ghouls, I found it easier to just keep a few on me at a time and let the main tank keep the rest, I always keep just enough to keep the diseases jumping back and forth on the shamblers reliably. lots of guilds have different positioning, so as always, make sure you know where they expect you to stand and make sure you are clear on which spirits they want you to tank during transitions.

You can taunt and soak the vile spirits in p3, thats what my guild does

You have read the guides and seen the videos so im sure you have a pretty good idea what to expect

Good luck with LK!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzo View Post
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ent-for-3.3.3)

dont wory about the loss of expertise
    especially in this encounter, threat is nowhere close to something you should worry about, EH and cooldown management all the way!

wow I was told by warrs that you need exp after reading that thread its changed my view alot
    and as for my spec I read that was a maximum survivability spec so I hopped right on that bandwagon, but I've started seeing places saying that it actually wasn't all that good and that the standard bleed spec was all around best spec you could go with

Spec depends. If you're looking to max out HP, go for the 5/15/51 shout spec. If someone else has Commanding Presence, take the bleed spec instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldie View Post
    especially in this encounter, threat is nowhere close to something you should worry about, EH and cooldown management all the way!
    if you worry about threat then no amount of expertise is going to correct that. if you are using your abilities properly is the biggest boost to your threat!.

another 2 quick questions:
    Should I just use the t10 shoulders for the 4piece even though some stats are lower?

If I was to switch to pillars and t10 chest i would be below the defense cap what could I do change a couple enchants?

^ In that case unless you have other items to switch out, I'd suggest switching to the Cataclysmic Chest instead and scrapping the 4pc. At least you'll benefit from the extra armor in this context. I believe you'll drop to 530 defense using Pillars and the T10 chest, so you'd have to come up with 6 extra skill to be crit capped, that would be 29.52 defense rating.

Edit: I guess a shot a VD is not in the near future? Or ruby sanctum even? Both sets of boots are superior to the crafted ones and would more than make up for the defense lost by using the tier chest.

Okay well thank you everyone answered or contributed and I hope my guild can get its first 25m LK

+ Reply to Thread