+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marrowgar HC problems

Marrowgar HC problems

Recently formed a 10 man guild made up of old friends and we're slogging through ICC, Marrowgar HC is causing us problems. I'm not really sure where we're going wrong, people just seem to die while on bonespikes during the bonestorm, we've be a little light on the ground for healers the apst few resets (RL priorities etc).

anyway these are the the logs;
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ixoegm4h73hbnppc/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1p0oxk7crv9isn4z/

we've been attmpting the strategy of the raid moving as a group, and the tanks/hunter with deflection/rogue with roguedeflection just splitting off to try and draw Marrowgar away from the group since he seems to target people only if there a certain distance from him (which could be codswallop for all i know).

any help would be appreciated, and ignore the parse where i accidentally bonesliced the shammy healer...

I haven't checked their armories yet, but looking at the parses for all the fights, your shaman, and mage drastically need to pick up their dps.

*edit* Ok, so i looked over their armories, I cannot comment on the mage, because he logged out in pvp gear, however, that shaman..... that will hold you back alot.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...t&cn=Lorellort

So here we go:

Helmet doesn't have an enchant, or meta gem, or regular gem
    No Shoulder enchant
    No cloak enchant
    no chest enchant
    no bracer enchant
    no glove enchant, or gem
    no gems in belt, or belt buckle
    no gems in legs, or enchant
    no gems in boots, and terrible enchant
    Caster ring
    blue trinket, instead of herukml war token
    no enchants on either of his weapons
    To top all this off, he is also gemming expertise, while being considerably far above the expertise cap.

Have a sit down with him, and see if you can resolve some of these issues.
    Last edited by Khilbron; 07-09-2010 at 09:48 AM.

The shaman was a healer

There are a few different strats but I think I know where the raid is going wrong.

Bonespikes > Marrowgar

You don't even DPS Marrowgar during bonestorm, you dps the spikes and avoid flames. It becomes a survival fight.

What is likely happening is the bonespiked person is getting hit by bonestorm and coldflame and dying, so you have to do what you can to get those down fast. Other than that look at your heals:

Your druid's biggest heal on Try 4 is wild growth. O.o

Mostly from what I'm seeing is that your Holy Paladin's beacon heals are very low, and your druid/shammy are consistantly low as well. There is also a whole lot of "impaled/bonestorm/dead".
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    The shaman was a healer
    Why, then, was he using Lava Lash, Storm Strike, Windfury Attack etc? "Damage by spell". If you thought they were healing then you were most assuredly wrong. They cast one healing wave that entire fight. I'm not surprised you didn't realise they were DPS though, they were barely outdoing you and your co-tank.

Anyway:

SPREAD OUT!

As people have said it's a survival fight on heroic. We got hugely caught out when we first tried it, we were expecting a faceroll and got destroyed by the first bonestorm "

I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head for 10 man but in 25heroic the bonestorm ticks for something like 14k/tick at the centre and the fire for 11k/tick. The numbers will obviously be somewhat less on 10man, but it's pretty much unhealable for more than a few seconds. Certainly for any number of people and any length of time. People need to stay out of them both at all costs or they will drop like stones. We always call the bonestorms 5seconds before they hit and everyone spreads out across the room with the healers spread about evenly so that everyone can be healed. You have an enormous amount of room to play with on ten man so make use of it. Moving as a group is doomed imho, he will zoom on top of all of you every time and you'll take huge amounts of unnecessary damage, and pretty much guarantee that whoever gets the spike is going to be right in the eye of the bonestorm (if I'm picturing this right in my head).

I would suggest getting everyone to spread individually 5 seconds before the bonestorm. Prioritize moving out of the storm and fire over everything else absolute number one prio over everything else. Tell your ranged to bring down the bonespikes ASAP once they're safe. You don't really want a group of melee + whoever's on the spike to get targeted by the storm else they're in for a world of pain, they can join if they're close so long as they spread again before the next target is picked. It's a very fluid phase and quite impossible to come up with a concrete plan for, you'll just have to be flexible and make it clear that everyone is responsible for their own survival.

Also, most of your DPS seems to be very very low. here is our most recent kill. It was an fun run that I lead for giggles and a few extra badges on an unexpected night off for people that needed them and had stuff to gain from 10man heroic. We had an awful raid composition, and it was an hilariously messy kill, but I haven't laughed so much in a long time. We lost all three healers over the course of the fight and were on the verge of wiping for most of it. But even then compare the DPS(e) columns. Your top DPS was actually ahead of ours, but then your next four are 30-50% lower than ours and we didn't even have bloodlust. That's massive. They aren't spending that much time spiked either, but their active times are awful.

TL;DR.Try to minimize your movement, I think it's destroying your mages. Group up inside the back of the boss for most of the fight, spread all over 5 seconds before bonestorm. Prioritize moving out of the storm and fire over everything else. You can't DPS bonespikes if you're dead. You DO NOT need to be DPSing the boss in the bonestorm at all. Ranged DPS should be totally focussed on bringing down the spikes ASAP because if a spiked person gets targetted and is sat in the middle of the bone storm, four fires and a bonespike that's pretty much game over for them. Sort that shaman out, fair enough it's probably an offspec and offspec gear (I hope for your sake anyway), but Jesus on a unicycle he probably did you more harm than good by respeccing for that if his MS is resto. Unless he sorts that I'd take him as an extra healer and just try to survive the fight because with his enhancement as it is he's really not bringing you much. I don't mean to sound harsh but I'm trying to emphasise how much he's underperforming.

Ah apologies, I'm looking at Trancemaster (shammy healer) whilre you're looking at Lorelort(Mdps), doh.

Anyway thank you for the advice. Azuremyst is not the best Realm for horde raiders so building a guild up is kinda hit and miss, for most of that raid only myself and the hunter had done any HCs before. But at least now we know where we have to improve, time to go tell the DPS they need bigger numbers....

Thank you.

Another note what would be the typically ICC10 HC progression route, we took Rotface down, followed by BQL the next night putting us 3/12, but which fights should we be focusing on getting down next, possibly before we focus on Marrowgar?

If you have BQL and Rotface there's absolutely no reason you shouldn't be destroying Marrowgar. It must be just a basic tatical error. Try what I suggested above with the spreading out etc. I think it will help.

When we got in there first I think we did them pretty much in order for the first four. I wouldn't try Deathwhisper for a while, she's quite tricky, though not nearly as bad on ten man heroic as 25heroic X_x (19 wipes on 25heroic in our progress run the other night..).

I'd say, Marrowgar -> Dreamwalker -> Blood Prince Council -> Deathwhisper -> Festergut -> Saurfang -> Sindragosa -> Professor. In terms of likely kill order.

Dreamwalker depends on how good your healers are and what your healing setup is, but if you have good healers it's easy as hell. Otherwise Council and Deathwhisper are execution fights rather than DPS races I've put them ahead as that seems to be where you're struggling on Marrowgar. Though if your DPS is good enough for BQL you might want to move Festergut up the queue to after Dreamwalker because he's tactically pretty easy but you need to avoid the goo and have pretty strong DPS. Saurfang is pretty easy if you have a good amount of quality ranged. When we were first doing him we only had two due to limited numbers and it was hell, when we switched up to three with an offspec healer it was so so much easier. Having said that he is pretty full on but you get a token out of it so I would recommend at least giving it a go and see how you find it.

Re: Marrowgar HC problems

We went marrowgar>deathwhisper>lootship>festergut>dreamwal ker>bql>rotface in our 10 man, but we 1 shotted rotface and festergut (the easiest HM bosses outside of lootship imo) and i'd put bql as easier than marrowgar or dreamwalker.
    We only did it in the order we did because it was..well, for the first night, in order. We haven't even started real hm progression nights yet, those were just the ones we made attempts on and got down.
    The 25 man versions of marrowgar, lootship, rotface, and dreamwalker are all pretty easy, fester and princes aren't far behind from what I've seen. Bql seems to be a bigger issue on 25hm because of the space you have during air phases to spread out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

+ Reply to Thread