+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frost Mage DPS Rotation

Frost Mage DPS Rotation

Hello, I have recently started lvling my mage again, but switched from Arc/Fire to Frost/Fire He is only lvl 73 and i believe his dps is very low, being around 1100 dps average for an instance, if there is a specific rotation for a frost mage i have not found it on this forum, please can you help?

Here is his Armory for spec
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...san&cn=Kaastor

Your spec is werid man. Like your putting 12 talent points to buff the spell you cast on brain freeze procs.

So to help your dps a bit I would suggest you change your glyphs. A frosltbolt glyph will really help. . . unless you use the snare for questing, and keep eternal water because that's just an amazing glyph. Ice lance is OK its not great, normally frost bolt on deep freeze procs is better dps (buts this has only been tested in lvl 80 gear, so take this with a grain of salt). And use deepfreeze on bosses, they can't be snared so it hits like 10k plus.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

At work at the moment, but will check your armory when I get home. I just hit 80 on Monday with my mage, and have been frost from day one. You should be doing better than that for sure. Make sure your pet is out on boss fights, and spam blizzard on trash AOE. I usually dismiss my pet during trash fights. Only use ice lance when something is frozen, otherwise it is not even worth having on your bar. When brain freeze procs, cast fireball.

I would hold off on the frost bolt glyph until you get to 80, or at the very least, wait until you get frostfire bolt. The slowing effect of frost bolt is too damn handy while leveling. Once you get frostfire bolt, you can get the frostbolt glyph, because you can start off with frostfire to get the slowing effect.

I forgot to mention. Another thing you should do is drink, drink, drink. I would sit after each AOE pull and drink. Even if it is just long enought for people to loot, and for the tank to get a little head start on the next pull. This will ensure that you always have mana, so you dont end up standing there with wand in hand, and it also gives the tank a small head start on getting aggro, so you can unload with all your AOE power

+ Reply to Thread