+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RMP Help! (Rogue, Mage, Priest) Match ups

RMP Help! (Rogue, Mage, Priest) Match ups

Hello, I play rogue and my new RMP team. we have good communication and dedication. But what we really need to know is some good tacticts for who to nuke and who to CC. It seems very confuseing as we all don't know whom to nuke and CC. We need help on match ups more than anything, we are all new to arena and are hovering around 1650-1700 rating.

All help/advise/tips would be very appreciated

Please post a tact
    Match up:
    Strategy:
    What to look out for:

e.g
    Match up: Mage, Mage, Mage
    Strategy: Nuke the mage, CC the mage. Interrupt all sheeps!
    What to look out for: They will most likely go for the priest so don't worry about taking too much damage at the start as a DPS.

Please post as many as you can ;D

Thanks
    Last edited by RouZeRogue; 07-09-2010 at 03:35 AM.

Watch some videos, at warcraftmovies, linked from Arenajunkies and watch the streams at Hydramist, is best way to learn what RMPs do. They usually stream with sykpe so you can hear how they coardiante and setup burst.

Nearly every comp will try to los you mage and kill the rogue, or priest. RMPs usually win once they have forced trinkets and cooldowns, and who ever is in the worst spot die, for eg in TSG(arms warr, dk, holypala), you gonna usuualy start on warrior and train him to death(ie stick to him), while ccing pala and but if he turtles(means if he goes def stance with shield) while pala LOS and dk peels(death grip, chains etc) you can swap to paladin and force bubble which can be dispelled (they will start on priest hard, and swap to rogue if he overextends). Theres just so much more to it than that, i think its impossible to post instructions, just gotta watch the vidoes like i do and learn like that.
    Last edited by Krays; 07-09-2010 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krays View Post
    Watch some videos, at warcraftmovies, linked from Arenajunkies and watch the streams at Hydramist, is best way to learn what RMPs do. They usually stream with sykpe so you can hear how they coardiante and setup burst.

Nearly every comp will try to los you mage and kill the rogue, or priest. RMPs usually win once they have forced trinkets and cooldowns, and who ever is in the worst spot die, for eg in TSG(arms warr, dk, holypala), you gonna usuualy start on warrior and train him to death(ie stick to him), while ccing pala and but if he turtles(means if he goes def stance with shield) while pala LOS and dk peels(death grip, chains etc) you can swap to paladin and force bubble which can be dispelled (they will start on priest hard, and swap to rogue if he overextends). Theres just so much more to it than that, i think its impossible to post instructions, just gotta watch the vidoes like i do and learn like that.

ahh thanks a lot for the help. I have been looking for some videos but can't seem to find any on RMP with chat so i can hear there strats :\. Was there somewhere pasific you found them?

I sometimes play RMP on my priest but I'll need to hear specific comps to really help you because I don't feel like writing up 20 strats which have 10 comps you never face in your realmpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I sometimes play RMP on my priest but I'll need to hear specific comps to really help you because I don't feel like writing up 20 strats which have 10 comps you never face in your realmpool.
    Just put a few that you come across a lot please

Quote Originally Posted by RouZeRogue View Post
    ahh thanks a lot for the help. I have been looking for some videos but can't seem to find any on RMP with chat so i can hear there strats :\. Was there somewhere pasific you found them?
    http://hydramist.net/blog/live-streams/

http://www.arenajunkies.com/streams/

http://warcraftmovies.com/search.php?keyword=pookz

http://warcraftmovies.com/search.php?keyword=woundman

Also look out for names such as, reckful, realz, flynn, kalimist, hydra, woundman, pookz, satz, (get woundman11 from utube or his website, its RLS, but still very good with loads of chatter, shouting and coardinating lol).

PS . Unfortuntley with streams its rng based, you get lucky some nights with great streams, other times its boring and rubbish.
    Last edited by Krays; 07-10-2010 at 04:36 AM.

http://hydramist.net/blog/live-streams/

http://www.arenajunkies.com/streams/

http://warcraftmovies.com/search.php?keyword=pookz

http://warcraftmovies.com/search.php?keyword=woundman

Also look out for names such as, reckful, realz, flynn, kalimist, hydra, woundman, pookz, satz, (get woundman11 from utube or his website, its RLS, but still very good with loads of chatter, shouting and coardinating lol).

PS . Unfortuntley with streams its rng based, you get lucky some nights with great streams, other times its boring and rubbish.

Lol yea i know woundman in real life, he use to go to MLG comps with my old sponsor (I didn't play WoW.. i played halo 3) Thats how i actually got into wow and made a rogue :P. Only now that i deside i want to start playing properly. Then i saw SK and thought hmmm RMP is nice

Lol yea i know woundman in real life, he use to go to MLG comps with my old sponsor (I didn't play WoW.. i played halo 3) Thats how i actually got into wow and made a rogue :P. Only now that i deside i want to start playing properly. Then i saw SK and thought hmmm RMP is nice

LOL really? small world. woundman really gets around, seen him appear in nearly every major US Arena video around is some shape of form.

Oh i found a recorded video RMP with skype http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=147425

Ps, alot of rogues have gone shadow dance spec in 3s cause of all the casters, and big burst. SHould look in to that too if yoou face alot of casters, its a real different way of playing rogue, can end matches really fast (not that you cant do that as muti too, but its more fun with Ambushes:P) but alot of fun against casters, horrible against plate teams though.
    Last edited by Krays; 07-10-2010 at 06:29 AM.

Oh heres another good rmp video with chat, they are furious geared RMP doing really well.

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=156347

LOL really? small world. woundman really gets around, seen him appear in nearly every major US Arena video around is some shape of form.

Oh i found a recorded video RMP with skype http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=147425

Ps, alot of rogues have gone shadow dance spec in 3s cause of all the casters, and big burst. SHould look in to that too if yoou face alot of casters, its a real different way of playing rogue, can end matches really fast (not that you cant do that as muti too, but its more fun with Ambushes:P) but alot of fun against casters, horrible against plate teams though.

Ahh thanks a lot man, and yeah I was sat in a car with him at Orlando 2009 lol.

So do you really recommend going sub? I'm envenom atm.... So fucking hard killing druids It's weird how you say its easy to hard to kill plates and easy to kill casters... as atm its the other way round with envenom :P... Also wouldn't that make RMP hard when matched up against Warr, pala, dk ect... as the hole team would get raped.

here's my armory as well mate http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27Qiraj&cn=Rou

Feel free to post the talent tree spec for shadow dance... as i will most likely find an out dated one :P

Hope its an easier spec to play
    Last edited by RouZeRogue; 07-11-2010 at 04:47 AM.

Ahh thanks a lot man, and yeah I was sat in a car with him at Orlando 2009 lol.

So do you really recommend going sub? I'm envenom atm.... So fucking hard killing druids It's weird how you say its easy to hard to kill plates and easy to kill casters... as atm its the other way round with envenom :P... Also wouldn't that make RMP hard when matched up against Warr, pala, dk ect... as the hole team would get raped.

here's my armory as well mate http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27Qiraj&cn=Rou

Feel free to post the talent tree spec for shadow dance... as i will most likely find an out dated one :P

Hope its an easier spec to play
    Yea resto druids are a hard counter imo to rogues 1v1, we just wont survive through thorns damage. Ferals are easier you just ,make sure you never put you back to them, against moonkins just make sure to save a stun/ blind, for when they typhoon/starfall you or its game over.

In arena,going sub wont really help you kill resto druid easier, but RMP's generally can kill resto druids quite fast, if they get stuck in the open. The key is the priest has to dispell all the druids buffs , mana burn if possible(only mana burn if you all are not getting nuked ofc, unlike paladin healers, a priest should be using every single GCd to do something), the mage should be spellstealing every single time( and working with your kick to counter spell big damage or heals) while you all whale away on him, then once you ge resto druid caught out in open with no hots or buffs, you all start bursting (if you were sub let team know you dancing so they can nuke too). As muti if you dont dispell druid buffs, you will get resists on poison damage cause of wild buff, and take alot of damage from thorns (try to let mage get thorns :P). This all has to be done quite fast ofc,while avoiding big damage yourselves and thats the art of of playing rmp (coardinate burst, with offensive dispels, while being impossible to pin down) or eventually the rogue will be out of cd, and priest is nearing OOM.

Another interesting thing about sub spec is that it lest you use glyph of prep easier than as muti spec, that lets you disarm warriors near to death so they can't shield wall, while still having another disarm incase they live and bladestorm. Can Kick catsers twice in quick succesion completley throwing them off, then gouging. Blinding and gouging people is also easier as you wont have poisons baking damage (sub uses wound and crippl, or double wound). To beat heavy armor teas as sub spec , your team has to coardinate burst really well.

Sub spec.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fhxcoZZebfbhMddVzAfRt:zA

The most important glyph was shadow dance, beyond that tricks, prep, vigor, cloak , sprint and ambush are good choices fo sub ( i prefer ambush, dance and prep).

The last 3 talents i left out in spec can go where you like, but vast majority of rogues wil put them in im gouge, but thats only worth doing if you actually use gouge often as a cc , some rogues forget and thne you may aswell get something else that increases damage.

With Sub you build combos faster than you ever have before, its riduculously fast, and if you put those 3 points in to initiative or ruthlesnes aswell (vast overkill, you wont have energy to use em all), you literally build combos to fast to use (so keep up slice and dice when playing sub, its free damage basically). Anyway the basics are back stab as cp builder (maybe one hemo) as sub and use slicedice/evis/kidney/ as finishers . I like to get the opponent to about half HP before kidney, using my cps on evis, and then kidney shotting , and using shadow dance and telling team to also DPS (even priest), al the while that players team mate is stuck in sheep/blind/fear.
    Last edited by Krays; 07-11-2010 at 06:05 AM.

Yea resto druids are a hard counter imo to rogues 1v1, we just wont survive through thorns damage. Ferals are easier you just ,make sure you never put you back to them, against moonkins just make sure to save a stun/ blind, for when they typhoon/starfall you or its game over.

In arena,going sub wont really help you kill resto druid easier, but RMP's generally can kill resto druids quite fast, if they get stuck in the open. The key is the priest has to dispell all the druids buffs , mana burn if possible(only mana burn if you all are not getting nuked ofc, unlike paladin healers, a priest should be using every single GCd to do something), the mage should be spellstealing every single time( and working with your kick to counter spell big damage or heals) while you all whale away on him, then once you ge resto druid caught out in open with no hots or buffs, you all start bursting (if you were sub let team know you dancing so they can nuke too). As muti if you dont dispell druid buffs, you will get resists on poison damage cause of wild buff, and take alot of damage from thorns (try to let mage get thorns :P). This all has to be done quite fast ofc,while avoiding big damage yourselves and thats the art of of playing rmp (coardinate burst, with offensive dispels, while being impossible to pin down) or eventually the rogue will be out of cd, and priest is nearing OOM.

Another interesting thing about sub spec is that it lest you use glyph of prep easier than as muti spec, that lets you disarm warriors near to death so they can't shield wall, while still having another disarm incase they live and bladestorm. Can Kick catsers twice in quick succesion completley throwing them off, then gouging. Blinding and gouging people is also easier as you wont have poisons baking damage (sub uses wound and crippl, or double wound). To beat heavy armor teas as sub spec , your team has to coardinate burst really well.

Sub spec.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fhxcoZZebfbhMddVzAfRt:zA

The most important glyph was shadow dance, beyond that tricks, prep, vigor, cloak , sprint and ambush are good choices fo sub ( i prefer ambush, dance and prep).

The last 3 talents i left out in spec can go where you like, but vast majority of rogues wil put them in im gouge, but thats only worth doing if you actually use gouge often as a cc , some rogues forget and thne you may aswell get something else that increases damage.

With Sub you build combos faster than you ever have before, its riduculously fast, and if you put those 3 points in to initiative or ruthlesnes aswell (vast overkill, you wont have energy to use em all), you literally build combos to fast to use (so keep up slice and dice when playing sub, its free damage basically). Anyway the basics are back stab as cp builder (maybe one hemo) as sub and use slicedice/evis/kidney/ as finishers . I like to get the opponent to about half HP before kidney, using my cps on evis, and then kidney shotting , and using shadow dance and telling team to also DPS (even priest), al the while that players team mate is stuck in sheep/blind/fear.

Wow man thanks a lot for all the help
    The only thing now is getting used to it and learning my keybindings xD

Curretly got 2k rating with a ret pala :P

bump. still need tips on how to play this combo and match ups

You control 2 players while all 3 of you burst into the 3rd target. If the target does not die you switch the target and rotate your CC.

This is how you play RMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    You control 2 players while all 3 of you burst into the 3rd target. If the target does not die you switch the target and rotate your CC.

This is how you play RMP.
    Thanks, you made it really simple

I wanted to say the same thing but didn't want to sound mean/harsh/trollish. RMP has so many CC's a lot of which are not on shared DR's, you basically can shut down 2 people while you burst down the 3rd, that includes using the priest to burst IF no one is taking significant damage. The amount of damage this team can put out while combined with CC is incredible. It's easily one of the hardest to counter teams because of the cycling of DRs.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread