+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: warrior threat problem

Quote Originally Posted by santoro2984 View Post
    I think im comfertable with my open now.. as its been working without fail since i developed it. as for glyph of dev, Im under the impression this looses its value after the 5th stack is applied...?
    incorrect it does the threat as if you were hittting with 2 sunders every time regardless of how many stacks
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 07-23-2010 at 07:01 PM.

I was under the impression that Expertise was the way to go for added threat... not str, crit, hit, agility or any of the above. As for threat being an issue... Spam heroic strike more, never macro it into another skill like stated above, and srsly, HEROIC STRIKE MORE! you should abuse that like it's the only woman left on earth!

Don't over do it to the point where you are "not in control" of H.strike though. That will cause you some serious issues rage starving yourself, also bind H.strike to Mousewheel scroll up and cleav eto mousewheel scroll down, works for tanking, dps, sexy time, w/e. SPAM is good. with cheese of course. fried maybe.

If your dps are in too tight with threat, tell them to back off for bit, It's not hard to just hit the escape button and go into lala-land for 5 or 10 seconds... and uh stam is king, has been since like, ever? Learn your rotation, know your rotation, execute your rotation, and you should be fine.

Peace,
    DS
    Last edited by Deathsupply; 07-23-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Heroic strike is very low threat, and should only be used as a rage dump. For max threat there is a priority system, which has been covered umpteen times here and on EJ.

Shield Slam, else Revenge, else Shockwave, else Devastate. Meaning if SS is on CD you move on to Rev, etc. etc. until SS procs or comes off CD again. Deathsupply, read the first link in my sig regarding threat stats, and how heavily they impact threat. Basically if your threat is bad, stats is the last place you look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

No more arguing about this point, if you want to Help the OP, do so, arguing against each other because someone thinks someone else is right is not the point of this thread or this forum. Linking to OTHER people's armory's are also silly, this isn't about e-peen and who has downed what. This is about helping the OP. I think the information provided here to the OP is enough to guide him on his way. If he needs more he'll ask for it. Until then, end of discussion. OP feel free to ask for more help as you need it.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloinsteak View Post
    WTF, as if delete my post just because if proves you and your mates wrong ??? and deleting the post of your friends making a fool of themselves ... and linking the armory of one of the best tanks in the world as an example is extremely helpful to new members ??? whats the point of having this site if you delete posts of people giving real information and leaving your own in its place ?

the point of the thread is helping the op and my post was the only one helping him by giving him the right up to date tried and tested information.
    Xav, from Premonition, doesn't glyph devastate and heroic strike like you suggest as part of your formula. Nor does he sacrifice shield spec for Focused Rage which you tout as 'standard consensus.' Neither does Kurgan in one of their specs, nor do they glyph heroic strike. Your advice is inconsistent with the best tanks you keep spouting as reference.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

Back to the OP:

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...PS-spreadsheet

Everything you wanted to know about warrior threat. It's up to date for 3.3.x, right on the first post.

Thanks Insahnity, I was going to link that to him but had to leave work. That spreadsheet will tell you basically how much threat each of your moves will do if you plug in your stats. You can customize it to give you your rotation/priority list. You'll quickly see that SS should be at the top of that, and any hindrance to firing off your SS will be detrimental to your threat outputs. revenge/shockwave/concblow/devastate glyphed should follow after pretty closely behind.

Using heroic strike as much as possible once you have your priority system down is infact the only way to further push your threat because you're turning your white swing into a 'yellow' special attack removes the chance for glancing blows. However, remember that heroic strike only does this + 496 more damage, which is basically 496 more threat. All of your other moves do substantially more threat than this so using HS and potentially limiting your ability to hit SS, revenge, shockwave, conc blow, or even another devastate will in fact hurt your TPS output. This is the primary reason why we've said NOT to macro devastate and HS together. Does it work? in most situations it probably will, because you'll find yourself in a ton of rage and can't burn through it fast enough. Which is why glyphing for HS is kind of silly, if you're using HS to burn your rage, why do you care for gaining back rage for it? That just means you're going to be sitting at 100 rage all the time anyways, which makes your incoming rage unimportant. You want to utilize your rage as best as you can, using glyphs, as well as rage talent saving abilities when you don't need them will simply be a waste of their utility.

Now because you want to maximize both your survivability, as well as your threat/dps output, you have to pick and choose what you want to do with your talents as well as your glyphs. But being able to control your rage and how your use it will make a bigger difference than just spec'ing into a ton of talents that you might not end up needing. If you want to macro dev to HS (not recommended btw from me or a lot of tankspotters) also have a keybinded devastate that doesn't have HS macro'd to it so when you do find yourself without rage, you can control your devastate usage without hindering your SS.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Thanks Insahnity, I was going to link that to him but had to leave work. That spreadsheet will tell you basically how much threat each of your moves will do if you plug in your stats. You can customize it to give you your rotation/priority list. You'll quickly see that SS should be at the top of that, and any hindrance to firing off your SS will be detrimental to your threat outputs. revenge/shockwave/concblow/devastate glyphed should follow after pretty closely behind.

Using heroic strike as much as possible once you have your priority system down is infact the only way to further push your threat because you're turning your white swing into a 'yellow' special attack removes the chance for glancing blows. However, remember that heroic strike only does this + 496 more damage, which is basically 496 more threat. All of your other moves do substantially more threat than this so using HS and potentially limiting your ability to hit SS, revenge, shockwave, conc blow, or even another devastate will in fact hurt your TPS output. This is the primary reason why we've said NOT to macro devastate and HS together. Does it work? in most situations it probably will, because you'll find yourself in a ton of rage and can't burn through it fast enough. Which is why glyphing for HS is kind of silly, if you're using HS to burn your rage, why do you care for gaining back rage for it? That just means you're going to be sitting at 100 rage all the time anyways, which makes your incoming rage unimportant. You want to utilize your rage as best as you can, using glyphs, as well as rage talent saving abilities when you don't need them will simply be a waste of their utility.

Now because you want to maximize both your survivability, as well as your threat/dps output, you have to pick and choose what you want to do with your talents as well as your glyphs. But being able to control your rage and how your use it will make a bigger difference than just spec'ing into a ton of talents that you might not end up needing. If you want to macro dev to HS (not recommended btw from me or a lot of tankspotters) also have a keybinded devastate that doesn't have HS macro'd to it so when you do find yourself without rage, you can control your devastate usage without hindering your SS.
    u
    this and the spread sheet.... epic... 10/10... win written all over it.. thank you guys sooooo much.. wow forums dosnt even come close to tankspot forums.

if you could only immagine how many times ive tried to touch on this in wow forums, only to get the repiy of " you spelt ____ wrong. your a troll" or.. " dont be so bad" from a lvl 1 toon.

so im going to drop gpyph of shield block.. my next question is, if/when is there a time where glyph of block is priority over dev? should i keep extra glyphs in my bags to change out in raids?

Example: last night we did heroic surfang, no aggro trouble ( except 1 taunt came up immune) but frenzy actually droped me.. it was the first time i had to use a cd rotation in a months. would block glyph be more fitting here?

p.s- what dose "op" stand for?
    Last edited by praetoria; 07-26-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Glyph of blocking is not going to make a substantial difference in your ability to survive heroic Deathbringer during frenzy. Making sure improved demo shout and thunder clap are up ( or their various clones vindication, frost fever, judgements of the just) near 100% will. As well as wearing your highest EH tanking suit.

If that is not enough use your CDs it is what they are for.

Oh and making sure he is low on blood power when he frenzies is also a good idea.
    Army Strong = Two hundred thirty four years of tradition unhindered by rational thought

OP= Original Poster (thread starter).

To avoid getting gibbed by Heroic Saurfang at 30%, drop an indestructable pot at 32% and I usually burn shield block on the pickup for the healers.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread