+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury DPS halp

Fury DPS halp

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lor&cn=Assante

After two expansions of tanking, I returned to the game in June, wanting to do damage.

Problem is, I do 3.5k DPS in ICC 10 and 2.5k DPS on training dummies. I got the rotation down, has to be the gear. In Thegreatme's video, 3.2, he was hitting for 6k or 7k for the three main abilities.

My abilities hit for 2.5k to 3.5k, it has to be something else. So, I need your help. What glyphs should i use? Should i gem for Strength instead? Better enchants soon, by the way. Is my spec good? How about my gloves? Seriously, just pick me apart and tell me everything I suck at.

Thanks

that is a TON of hit rating. you need to get rid of almost all of it. change trinkets (dmc: greatness, nes, death's choice, banner of victory are easy to get) to get rid of those 2 hit ones. that should knock you down to around 300 hit which is still alot for fury, but better than 550+. get thet t9 shoulders to drop some more hit and pick up the 2pc bonus. switch your icc rep ring to the agi version, it's better than the strength one for warriors.

glyphs are ok, spec is wrong. get rid of piercing howl and imp intercept and put them into commanding presence. 4/5 is alot better than 1/5 especially if you don't have a ret pally in the group. piercing howl is a situaltional ability for dps warriors so i recommend not getting it unless you are pushing hardmodes, which in your gear you shouldn't be.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Fixed my spec, changed Armor Pen gems to Strength. Going to change ring later tonight during the raid. I don't think just changing shoulderplates and trinkets will do anything. My abilities are hitting for 3k and 4k, no issues with rotation, just horrible damage. Maybe raid buffed and flasked I can push 6k tor 7k if lucky tonight, but still.

Have you compared your output to Landsoul's on a raid boss dummy over 10 minutes to see what the difference is? Unbuffed with only your CD usage. That will give you and idea if your rotation is as tight as you say it is. Most DPS issues are rotation based. But unbuffed testing gives you confirmation that this is the case or not.

As for your gear/Talents:

Take 3/3 out of bloodcraze, useless for raiding, and put it into 3/3 2H spec in the Arms tree. 6% damage increase.

Take ALL 5 out of 5/5 deflection and 1 out of Iron will. Put 3 in Tactical Mastery (useful as you learn to stance-dance). Put 1 in Flury to get the extra 5% melee haste after crit. Put 2 in Improved Beserker Stance for an additional 8% bonus to your strength.

Your trinkets aren't very good given your other gear. Farm Banner of Victory (ToC 5 normal), buy mirror of Truth (trade triumphs down to conquest I think) if you can't get NES.

Enchants need work, but you have acknlowedged that. So I'll assume you'll follow the Fury guide stick'd at the top of one of these threads.

BS - raise it. You're losing out on 2 gem slots for another 40 str (and later 40 ArP).

1 more Gem comment - Switch to the +21 Agility + 3% Crit meta because it needs 1 blue, 1 yellow, so a single nightmare's tear will activate it. Allows you to gem 1 more slot as needed and not use blue hybrids (which suck). If you stay with the 2 blue needing meta, use the +Str + Sta instead of ArP.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

you have the wrong enchants on your weps, get bezerking on both 800 AP > 2 X 85

also when are you using your CD's? and in what order?

Yeah, I tried fixing my spec too quickly and just screwed up, I'll follow your idea. I got new leg plates from ICC 10 which is nice, and I should have enough Emblems of Frost for the 60 emblem trinket. Is that good? I know the gloves are my main goal.

I'll level up Blacksmithing and re-enchant next week. Quick question, I've heard of Landsoul's, but what would I do to test out stuff on the boss training dummy? No idea.

I noticed with Strength gems, I hit for a TON more, but did the same DPS. I was at 4k or 5k but my Bloodthirst was hitting for 8k instead of 3k. Maybe it is my rotation.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheTank View Post
    Yeah, I tried fixing my spec too quickly and just screwed up, I'll follow your idea. I got new leg plates from ICC 10 which is nice, and I should have enough Emblems of Frost for the 60 emblem trinket. Is that good? I know the gloves are my main goal.

I'll level up Blacksmithing and re-enchant next week. Quick question, I've heard of Landsoul's, but what would I do to test out stuff on the boss training dummy? No idea.

I noticed with Strength gems, I hit for a TON more, but did the same DPS. I was at 4k or 5k but my Bloodthirst was hitting for 8k instead of 3k. Maybe it is my rotation.

Thanks for all the help so far.
    Don't waste your frost badges on the war token trinket, especially if you have a limited supply of badges. It's not the absolute worst trinket for fury, but it's not that good either so i wouldn't waste your badges until you have everything else you need from frost badges first.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheTank View Post

Capital cities have the dummies. I don't know where they are in the Horde cities. There's usually several smaller dummies and a raid boss dummy. Make sure you use the raid boss dummy (usually has a level of ?? or something like that and is bigger).

Landsoul's ought to give you a good idea on what to upgrade next. I think there's a guide on how to use in the Damage forum (if not it's one of the other forums) stickied at the top.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Capital cities have the dummies. I don't know where they are in the Horde cities. There's usually several smaller dummies and a raid boss dummy. Make sure you use the raid boss dummy (usually has a level of ?? or something like that and is bigger).

Landsoul's ought to give you a good idea on what to upgrade next. I think there's a guide on how to use in the Damage forum (if not it's one of the other forums) stickied at the top.
    I know where the dummies are and in fact use them often. I'm just confused on how to incorporate my 10-minute training dummie session into Landsoul's.

Oh, sorry, misunderstood.

Landsoul's gives you your optimal projected DPS over an infinite time period (avg DPS). So you need to spend a fair amount of time on the target dummy to start to get an idea of where you are at.

For example:

If you have a bad rotation and start with a great string of crits, it won't look so bad.

If you have a very tight rotation and start with a big drought of crits, it will look worse than it is.

So usually 10 (some suggest 20 minutes) will average out these bursts of good and bursts of bad and give you a fairly accurate number.

Also, if you only hit the dummy for 60 seconds, your CDs will slant the results. By making the time period for testing longer, you smooth out the use of procs/CDs/on-uses, etc.

It's not guranateed to be accurate, but that's why the 10 minutes is important, so you can get to a point where hopefuly the spike and lulls are averaged out over time.

Wow. Just replaced one of my ridiculous 128 hit trinkets with the Mirror of Truth and I'm seeing a 1K DPS increase. Crazy. For my second slot, should I use Banner of Victory or Needle-Encrusted Scorpion? Another 1K AP proc would be nice, seeing as how with double Beserking and Mirror I can get +2k AP most of the time (which is 7k!) but the Scorpion has some nice armor pen on it.

Also, I noticed, replacing my hit trinket put my gearscore down by 100. Fail. I know, it doesnt matter, but it does matter when someone is deciding if they want to take me in the group or not! Thanks for all the help so far, guys.

+ Reply to Thread