+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another OMG Fury Warrior question

Another OMG Fury Warrior question

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...as&cn=Prucilak

Recently, something has changed in my main's dps. Namely, it went down. To give you a idea, where I would normally pull ~8k in voa 25 toravon, I pulled 6500. In most ICC 10 bosses, I would do between ~7-10k depending on fights. While I know thats not optimal, its still good enough to get me to #1-2 on recount. This last week in progression, I once again seem to be ~1500 dps or so down from where I would normally be.

Now, when this happened in when I won DBW and regemmed. In its place, I had 232 Victors Call which put me at ~29 Expertise rating. I put a single +34 Expertise in to bring me to 25 rating. I removed all the required Arp gems to get close (99.3% IIRC) to soft cap with NES and regemmed with str.

While my abilities seem to be hitting WAY harder, so Im kinda at a loss as to why I would lose DPS making those changes.

Umm.....Help?

Can you post a combat log parse? Without one, we cannot make an accurate assumption as to what may be going wrong.

Hate to sound like a complete noob, but how do I go about doing that?

Passive ARP > Passive ArP + Proc.

Why? because your proc only happens 20% of the time for only 10 seconds at a time with an internal cooldown. That means, the other 80% of the time when it doesn't proc, or the other 35 seconds or so when you CANNOT proc another, you're hitting for less because you have lower ArP from regemming.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Yeah why on earth would you go from hard cap apr to soft cap, and think its better?It supposed to be the other way around. To make strengh better than apr at icc levels, you need something like 1.9 strenght + per 1 poinht of ApR (or something like that, all depends on personal stats ofc)

Put victors call back in (even better would be the haste trinket from tokens, since i assume you cant get deaths verdict, now, just till wfs drops), keep dbw, regem back to 95%+ apr(hopefully 100% but couple of % isnt a huge deal, will still be better than soft cap).

PS. wheres your rep ring? use it, in place of something (the agi one, its more dps than strengh rep ring cause it has less stam). Also should use 21 agi meta, and uwse only one nightmare tear in blue socket to activate it, rest all apr gems (looking at you gear, im assuming you wont quite get 100% apr , but close). Try not to go against the grain, although its good to experiment on your own, eventualy some things are just proven without a doubt to be better.

Another look at your armoury and i found that your spec is really outdated, looks a bit like what people took during naxx. You really do need intesify rage now! AM, and UW are no longer important talents, and noone gets enrage, not sure if even works on aoe damage!
    Last edited by Krays; 07-18-2010 at 05:29 AM.

I think you guys kinda misunderstood what I meant. I was nowhere near hard cap. I just removed 10% arp so I wouldnt be over cap when NES procced. Im at 99.3% with the proc. My mistake. Thats kinda what I got out of a previous discussion here that would be better. I was told if you couldnt get close to 100% passive to keep it close to 51% and regem other stats.

Rep ring is on my tank set. I dont have a good tanking ring to replace it so I cant put it on my dps spec.

I havent respecced since around ulduar. The spec has worked pretty good for me.

So start stacking arp again and purchase HWT to replace NES?

most spreadsheets will tell you softcap arp with proc and fill rest with str. from my own testing, it has always been beneficial to keep pushing ArP even above softcap with proc until the 75% mark or so because at this point when you do proc you're wasting so much of it you either need to push for 100% cap, or stay <75% arp with softcap.

Thanks for all the help. Gemmed ARP back in and dps went through the roof again.

I am currently at 59.52% ARP, and I was wondering which chest should be my next upgrade.

T10 264
    http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=51214

Or Frost emblem
    http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=50965

I have the 2pc bonus, but I was wondering if lowing some stats and losing a socket is worth the 4pc bonus?

If you can get tokens to upgrade both the chest and your 4th piece to sanctified, and get the 4 pc in a short amount of time, then it'd be smarter to get the t10 chest.

Just FYI, the BrinTroll is not a good "stat stick" for the purposes of getting to ArP hard cap. If you swap out a few things, you could actually get pretty close to hard cap. My suggestion would be:

- Swap Brintroll for Ramaladni axe (heroic +91 ArP, reg +83, will also fix your expertise issue)
    - Banner of victory is a lower level item, but high ArP (+84)
    - You can replace 11 gems, 3 JC gems and 8 regular for another 262 ArP
    - Flesh Shapers off of Rotface would give you 71 more ArP (regular)

Total is 500 more, plus solve some expertise issues. Based on your current gear, you have 853 ArP, so 500 more puts you at 1,353.00 Then you can use either Hearty Rhino for 40 more ArP or use an elixir of armor piercing for +45 more ArP. You dont want to go over 1,400.

Granted, using the banner is not ideal, ArP is your strongest stat to use with the exception of getting hit/expertise soft capped (165 hit, assuming you have 3 points in precision and 26 Exp).

What you can do is utilize Landsoul's spreadsheet and download your character from Armory. Thegreatme put together a great thread in the DPS forum on how to do this. In any event, you can swap gear around and do "what if" scenarios to see what creates the highest dps. You already have DBW and frankly, that is the hard part. The rest should be easy for you to get ArP capped as well as your hit/expertise stats straight. Once that happens, youre just balancing those things whilest you add better gear (Strength, Crit, etc.)

Good luck.
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

+ Reply to Thread