+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with some addon problems

Need help with some addon problems

Hi, I am having some problems with some of my addons:

-Get Over Here (sound addon for DK's Death Grip)
    -SCT (scrolling combat text)
    -Achmed, the dead terrorist (sound addon for DK's Silance)
    -Unstoppable (sound addon)
    -Head shot (sound addon on crits)

Now the problem is this, they work fine for some time, untill I enter/exit an instance or I die, when that happens those addons just don't work anymore untill I relog, uncheck and check them back. I can do well with the sound addons, but the SCT one is really frustrating as after each wipe or exit/enter instance I cannot see the damage/heal/auras recived)

Is there any way I can fix it? (the rest of my UI addons are working fine)

have there been new versions since the latest patch for those addons? I know that 80% of my mods broke in 3.3.5 and I needed to get new versions of them

Quote Originally Posted by alexix View Post
    Hi, I am having some problems with some of my addons:

-Get Over Here (sound addon for DK's Death Grip)
    -SCT (scrolling combat text)
    -Achmed, the dead terrorist (sound addon for DK's Silance)
    -Unstoppable (sound addon)
    -Head shot (sound addon on crits)

Now the problem is this, they work fine for some time, untill I enter/exit an instance or I die, when that happens those addons just don't work anymore untill I relog, uncheck and check them back. I can do well with the sound addons, but the SCT one is really frustrating as after each wipe or exit/enter instance I cannot see the damage/heal/auras recived)

Is there any way I can fix it? (the rest of my UI addons are working fine)
    Is your combat log breaking whenever these stop working?

Pyrea - I use the latest addons from curse.
    Bishoptwo - I haven't thought of that, I didn't check the combat log, but come to think about it, it's true that my combat log doesn't work sometimes, it's just blank, that might be it.. any way to fix it?
    Last edited by alexix; 07-07-2010 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoptwo View Post
    Is your combat log breaking whenever these stop working?
    ^This.
    Many Windows systems periodically run into an issue with resource locking because of the back end processing. Basically, you stop receiving combat log events because that part of your system is currently locked. The only way to fix that is to reload the game. Reloading your UI will not fix a locking issue. Sometimes the issue will fix itself over time when the lock is removed on its own, however the only sure fire way to fix it is to completely close the game and reopen it (logging out doesn't end the WoW.exe process, and as far as Windows is concerned it's the process that is being locked).

This will affect any and all addons that use the combat log for parsing events such as damage meters, combat text addons, boss mods, proc watching addons, and so on.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Sounds like you need to run fewer unnecessary addons :/

Oh.. thx.. seems that was the problem :|.

+ Reply to Thread